Running Bear's June 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night, Everybody!
1686260245295.png

Something has been brought to my attention for addressing concerning the coffee shop and the use there of.

It seems as though some people (quite a few actually) are using the this place as a "One Stop Shop for everything, INCLUDING specific hobby related things such as builds, design, painting etc etc etc. This is NOT the place for Hobby Specific things - there are specific forums for them in the main area and it is THOSE FORUMS where things like making a spline etc should go - not here.

So, in future please post hobby related things in the appropriate Hobby Specific Forums and keep this place for all NON HOBBY topics like the weather, food, cooking and your mums ducks. Thankyou.
Presumably that leaves me out! :mad: I guess that I will go and join Sherrel in exile. Thanks for the memories.

Something has been brought to my attention for addressing concerning the coffee shop and the use there of.

It seems as though some people (quite a few actually) are using the this place as a "One Stop Shop for everything, INCLUDING specific hobby related things such as builds, design, painting etc etc etc. This is NOT the place for Hobby Specific things - there are specific forums for them in the main area and it is THOSE FORUMS where things like making a spline etc should go - not here.

So, in future please post hobby related things in the appropriate Hobby Specific Forums and keep this place for all NON HOBBY topics like the weather, food, cooking and your mums ducks. Thankyou.
If that is the rule, then I cannot abide. I’ve been to the rest of the forum. That place is full of pompous asses and male appendages. That’s why I left the MR and Atlas forums.

Presumably that leaves me out! :mad: I guess that I will go and join Sherrel in exile. Thanks for the memories.
If that is the rule, then I cannot abide. I’ve been to the rest of the forum. That place is full of pompous asses and male appendages. That’s why I left the MR and Atlas forums.
Your choices ... and since when was Sherrel in exile?

I do actually like Willie's morning posts. I've been trying to do more major updates to my layout thread, but a single pic doesn't seem worth it to post there when I've got three other things to say here.

But, if that's the rule 🤷‍♂️
It is the preference Troy. People don't want to have to sift through page after page of stuff to find the hobby related items when they can go to the specific forum and what they want to know or see is right there.

As was pointed out to me, there is some stuff posted here that never gets seen by those who don't particularly like it here or have no interest in being in here BUT are interested in the hobby. Actually, Willies pictures was used as an example.

The other issue is new people aren't going to stay if there is nothing happening in the main forums - and THAT has become very obvious over the past x amount of months. New people join, post once or twice (maybe) and are never seen again because there is nothing happening in the area they joined for, and I don't blame them for not staying. Why would anyone stay anywhere is it were dead as a morgue?

All I am saying is please post your hobby related stuff in the appropriate forum for EVERYONE to see, comment on, learn from and enjoy - that is what the forums are for.

If that is the rule, then I cannot abide.
Wait, what?

First Sherrel, now Willie and Karl. This place is going to hell in a hand basket! WTF happened?
It is the preference Troy. People don't want to have to sift through page after page of stuff to find the hobby related items when they can go to the specific forum and what they want to know or see is right there.
What people? Willie's reaction score is over 39,000! I'm betting more people by far enjoy these kinds of posts than don't.

I'm going back to bed; I should have stayed in bed.

Where is Batman?

1686264977942.png

As was pointed out to me, there is some stuff posted here that never gets seen by those who don't particularly like it here or have no interest in being in here BUT are interested in the hobby. Actually, Willies pictures was used as an example.

The other issue is new people aren't going to stay if there is nothing happening in the main forums - and THAT has become very obvious over the past x amount of months. New people join, post once or twice (maybe) and are never seen again because there is nothing happening in the area they joined for, and I don't blame them for not staying. Why would anyone stay anywhere is it were dead as a morgue?

All I am saying is please post your hobby related stuff in the appropriate forum for EVERYONE to see, comment on, learn from and enjoy - that is what the forums are for.
I do see their point. Willie's layout definitely deserves a thread of its own. It might rival Jim's epic thread someday.

What people? Willie's reaction score is over 39,000! I'm betting more people by far enjoy these kinds of posts than don't.
Well Louis, you too are missing the point.

It isn't what Willie (or anyone else posts) it is where they are posted. Not everyone comes in here to read about someone else's weather so they are missing out on seeing his excellent work, as well as others.

I do see their point. Willie's layout definitely deserves a thread of its own. It might rival Jim's epic thread someday.

His work does deserve more attention - absolutely.

@JeffH

Maybe I am reading something wrong mate BUT if they are "friends" why are they treating you the way they are?? Sorry mate but it sounds to me like they are just using you and friendship has nothing to do with. IF they really were friends then they would say - "... okay, no problem, sorry to loose you but thanks for what you did..."
They aren't treating me poorly. I just don't agree with their way of doing business, and I made the decision to leave because I'm tired of trying to keep them between the guard rails. It's amicable, they're just dragging their feet hoping I won't leave too soon. I was foolish to not set a date and now I feel guilty for pushing it. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks. I'll give them 2 more weeks.

Afternoon All,

Started out heading up to Jon's today and BS'd for several hours. After getting home I completed 21 trees and will plant them tomorrow. Not to gross anyone out but I have an infected cyst on my neck that my wife drained and after I thanked her, she immediately said "No problem as long as it hurts you." I started laughing. :D

Louis- Great steamer photo.

Hughie- Nice job on the build.

David- At least the gunpowder one will last longer!

Terry- Feel better.

Karl- Very nice job on the layout. I would think the 2-6-6-2 will look good on the curve.

Troy- Nice progress.

TomO- When we were stationed there (Oahu), our discretionary time was usually at the beach (Barbers Point NAS) since that's what the kids loved. We also did a bunch of neighbor island mini vacations. We were there for15 years.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt, We are enjoying every minute of this trip out. Next January we will fly into Honolulu and re-visit Pearl Harbor for a couple days and then hop over to Maui. We had a couple 1st timers coming with in January but the son-in-law‘s step mom passed away last week. We will wait on whatever his dad decides.

Island hopping is actually a decent priced one way ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back