Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, you Culver's fans suck!!!!! Showing off the goods and not sharing! 🤣

J/K We're going for a shorter route 66 drive and will be passing one in Webb City MO. Hopefully about lunchtime!!! I do like A&W cheese curds as well. But as in all things, what you can't get always tastes better. (Coors beer in the 70's comes to mind. Thought it wasn't that good, but my uncle from Michigan always took 6-8 cases back with him when he visited.)

In other news, Baily is asleep at me feet. Went to a thing called Woofstock this afternoon after work. It is sponsored by the county Humane Society. Lots of dog merchandise vendors, live music, and various rescues there trying to pawn off puppies and other dogs on those attending.

I may or may not have filled out adoption papers for a 1 year old Beagle, I'm not saying yet. ;) However the nice lady there did stop by the house later with the dog to scope out the place and to see how the puppy played with Bailey and Sir Desmond of Obladee Obladah. (The Main Coon cat) Everyone got along great.
We also took in a few innings of the Grandson's little league game.

Dinner was kielbasa and perogies with green, orange and red peppers ! Yum!!

Oh, on that Favorite loco.
Yes, the SD40-2 appears to have the suoorts of several, and in matters of the brain and science and statistics, it is a winner.
However,
In matters of the heart
My favorite steamer, Western Maryland J1 4-8-4
blackdiamondexpress.jpg

And Prettiest diesel,
DHpas.jpg

D&H PA's of course!!

What an ordeal! Over an hour trying on three pairs of slacks, five shirts and six sports jackets to see which one my wife liked, (and fit me). Shirt and slacks were the first ones that I picked out, sports jacket was the second one that she picked out. Slacks are still too long because I have size 28" legs and the shortest available were 30". She claims that she can fix them. Even as a kid, my mother always had to hem up my pants. I wore school uniforms to all 12 years of Catholic schools.
I bet you can dance though, my other half is just shy of 6 foot but is short legged, and an ex was similar, both have great mobility and are agile dancers, low balance gives improved balance apparently.

Welll I took the afternoon off to take the Vette out. 2017 ZO6 650 HP/ 650 ftlbs of Torque with ZO7 package (Z07 performance package – which adds carbon-ceramic brakes, Michelin® Super Sport Cup 2 summer tires and a carbon-fiber aero package that delivers true downforce.” The result is a potent track car.) Unleashed the Beast today.....hit 156 mph today while playing around. It tops out at 228 mph at Watkins Glen International.
Super Charged LT4

It's no joke...ya gotta love it!
Looks immense fun, we had a series 4 bmw coupe with the sports upgrade not all but part and I though at the time the black paint job and red leather and comfort and style were top notch, but I have to say the other half throws the Tesla around corners that make my stomach go W T F! it drives like it is on rails, but considering I like speed, having been on the back of his Honda cbr tourer at mmm ah can’t admit to the speed grins but he could go faster than speed cameras could catch lol in the day, back to the Tesla sone times I feel like punching him in the arm, luckily for him he is driving so I sensibly desist

Yeah I spent quite a bit of my afternoon thinking on this and then realized this is nuts. It’s the timeline thing that bothers me. I enjoy the weathering part but not say even 50 cars in 4 weeks. I did leave a message for the friend to call me. I previously did 10 cars for a NE Wisconsin club but the timeline was 4 weeks that I completed in 2.5 weeks. Deadlines were fine in my business life but I am mostly retired.

I could but will not speed up the process by using the airbrush. All my sold weathering so far has been by brush for acrylics and foam sponge for pan pastels. It has been a good mental exercise for this past afternoon.
It would likely become a chore and leave you no tine to enjoy the hobby with your time allowance, I would leave it open, And not forget agreeing to a price now with spiralling costs might shoot you in the foot long term

At 6'2, 225 lbs working for a Chevy dealer I'm in and out of them all day, this is why I drive a pickup!

2023 is the last year for the Camaro,(thank God) and the Vette is going Hybrid soon and all electric eventually. Pretty soon the loudest thing we will be driving will be our lawn mowers.
One beef I have with electrics is, they are tooo quiet, cone up be hind people walking, on bikes, on horses whatever everyone is surprised to see you, sone do a double take, it needs noise to be safe pulling out onto a road with little vision I often wind down the window to listen…won’t hear another electric car will I ..so bang! Too quiet imo.

I may or may not have filled out adoption papers for a 1 year old Beagle, I'm not saying yet. ;) However the nice lady there did stop by the house later with the dog to scope out the place and to see how the puppy played with Bailey and Sir Desmond of Obladee Obladah. (The Main Coon cat)

If you've never had a beagle before, be warned:

EVERYTHING you own, or are thinking about owning, will end up chewed by that dog.

This BSA (beagle service announcement) brought to you by a former beagle owner. Twice. I replaced a lot of stuff over 26 years of beagles

A few more cars? Like sports cars? Nope well maybe 1 more. Cars as in model train cars? that never ends lol :p😆😂🤣

Being single and no kids has it's advantages.

EDIT: I have tried over the years and have been unsuccessful at finding a soul mate that understood me or rather put up with me. I am just as happy by myself as I would be with someone else. Even if you're with someone.....that person is NOT responsible for your happiness although can definitely make you unhappy. I believe you have to be happy with yourself no matter what you do or who you are with etc.
I can happily spend time on my own, the other half can’t, if we have a row and I go off in a sulk, he always folds first because he just can’t stand his own company, occasionally I agree with him lol, actually he’s a great bloke, but we are two strong minded people and butt heads occasiobally, but despite nasty words personal injury has not occurred although threats have been brandished from both sides lol.
but yeah I can happily while away a week when he goes away for work, and not feel lonely at all. Although I am perfectly happily to see him back.

EVERYTHING you own, or are thinking about owning, will end up chewed by that dog.

This BSA (beagle service announcement) brought to you by a former beagle owner. Twice. I replaced a lot of stuff over 26 years of beagles
Get a Doberman / female, great dogs, loyally, can take teasing by children, and if the need arises know all about protection, tolerant of other dogs, and cats if told, I have had 5 dobermans, 1 corgi - has a tendency to bite other dogs, people, 1 black Labrador - great temperament but total pigs, loss of a lamb joint etc and prone to fat and sloth, 1 weirmerraner - sane as the beagle comment, terrible chewer, chewed a pair of real fancy shoes I bought in a sale - not not impressed, mine have tails and all their ears, super dogs, and do as their told if trained reasonably well as puppies

Attachments

• EE95B965-0B90-4E41-B20B-8C2CDAF9609E.jpeg
    EE95B965-0B90-4E41-B20B-8C2CDAF9609E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 75A7158B-759F-41DA-B749-62ECB5B5832F.jpeg
    75A7158B-759F-41DA-B749-62ECB5B5832F.jpeg
    872.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 9635C529-7B4F-4C38-A131-54E6E5CED259.jpeg
    9635C529-7B4F-4C38-A131-54E6E5CED259.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 24728B5F-83E5-468F-B187-5B0D4280424C.jpeg
    24728B5F-83E5-468F-B187-5B0D4280424C.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 5EB36653-8B1D-41B8-A9C5-8BC393CCE8A5.jpeg
    5EB36653-8B1D-41B8-A9C5-8BC393CCE8A5.jpeg
    647.9 KB · Views: 56
  • D9F39FC4-52FE-44AD-96BB-A0F98AEB6933.jpeg
    D9F39FC4-52FE-44AD-96BB-A0F98AEB6933.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 55
Can not dispute any of your points, I agree with most of them. I was disappointed in Yellen, because she was taking the hit to cover Brandon, I expected more from him... Crypto's crash is long over due. Wonder how long it will take for heads to roll. Bernie Madoff went to Jail for a lot less.

Economy has been crap since the end of the W era, brought on by High Oil Prices...Big boys benefited by cutting jobs, freezing wages, and sending manufacturing off shore. Government is clueless and does nothing but pander to the supporters of the regime in power at any given time. Knee jerk Tariffs, didn't make us greater or bring jobs back, just caused higher consumer prices....long before the media rediscovered the I word. Covid, showed the masses just how much we depended on off shore manufacturing, and how vulnerable we were because of it. Big Boys, just cut orders and raised prices. We got stimulus, and more higher prices....Now we are figuring out we are in a permanent state of recession, while the big boys pull money out of bonds, to force rates up, bail on stocks and pour their money into Oil Futures to jack up Oil Prices Wash, rinse, repeat...

When Yellen was on the Fed, she was doing the right thing, she was fired and replaced by Powell, because new boss wanted free money for the banks, and for the fed to take the banks mistakes off their hands. Times change, Powell claims to buy into the New Monetary Theory, and sits on his hands until he is reconfirmed before taking action...opps...too late... Wash, Rinse, Repeat...
I also believe a crash is on the books,maybe like 2008 but I am worried a lot worse, bank win regardless as they control the flow and gave an inside view of the interest shifts, hone owners always suffer if tied to a mortgage, we are debt free, warn our kids regularly to not get debts, get ignored, but I keep a preppers kit
Brexit, Covid, Russia, all these are still in the mix.

cash, food, cleaning goods, tinned and packet food, water treatment, security, solar - although it is mains grid dependant, wood burner and own wood and wood cutting and storage and so,at to dry, collect water off roofs for grey water - plants animals, I grow and collect seed, so if push cones to shove I can grow 🍱 food, first aid, medicine, spare new bedding, spare new clothes,
all a good standby against issues, allowing a buffer and a change of direction.other half has a good pension and if health and time allows can build it to the tax limit, and I am still a cheap skate checking how I spend cash. I can can, make alcohol, dehydrate, blah blah

Yeah, I do not gamble on the likes of bit coin, and although we twice did well on stocks. we got out of it sone time back other half says he can smell something bad coming, and we only ever invested what we could afford to lose, and luckily we did well.
Am updating house at present, improving bathroom,utility, polytunnel,the squash are last years not current, plus we have an orchard, apples,pears,plums,a few nuts, walnut,hazel,sweet chestnuts, also fruit bushes, red,white,black currents, elderflower, blackberries, Hawthorne (yes fruit minus seed is edible) seabuchtorne, raspberries,strawberries, a few blue berries and gooseberries,rhubarb, sorbus (not great food but food) greengages (my personnel favourite) cherries - birds get those usually, quince (lol do not eat raw!) figs, well I say fogs I gave 3 good sized plants and have eaten one fruit lol, and three tea plants, I make wine,sone I purposely turned to vinegar, and normal veggies, so basics are set in order, and we are in a reasonably inconspicuous place,

Attachments

• 2C53CF71-2474-47DE-871F-7EBFE8490669.jpeg
    2C53CF71-2474-47DE-871F-7EBFE8490669.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 57562C41-7ABE-40C1-8BC2-D6BAEF5720E4.jpeg
    57562C41-7ABE-40C1-8BC2-D6BAEF5720E4.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 218EC37A-629C-46E8-85CA-9662684105C5.jpeg
    218EC37A-629C-46E8-85CA-9662684105C5.jpeg
    669.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 8CAFB087-49D5-4E77-A20C-DEA62CF3E2F4.jpeg
    8CAFB087-49D5-4E77-A20C-DEA62CF3E2F4.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 59
  • AEAC9AD6-BBE5-4886-BFA7-86803559B17C.jpeg
    AEAC9AD6-BBE5-4886-BFA7-86803559B17C.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 49
  • DD6F0930-881C-47DD-8D43-30D3B0A49454.jpeg
    DD6F0930-881C-47DD-8D43-30D3B0A49454.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 57
* * * * * H E L P ! ! ! ! * * * * * I N T E R V E N T I O N ! ! ! ! * * * * * I N T E R V E N T I O N ! ! ! ! * * * * *

I really, REALLY do not need the new Bowser RS-3 in MILW colors - - - - - DCC - - - - with LOKSound - - -

I do not need the loco

I do not need the loco

I do not need the loco

I do not need the loco

Help me friends, I'm wavering. Feeling feint.

Where's ....... my ......... credit-ca...... NO. Be Strong!

Aaaaaaaaaaahh
Actually you need 2. They run better in pairs. 🙃

This is not my 1st rodeo with beagles. They are hard headed, but can be trained to not chew!

My ride for the evening.
View attachment 147521
Smudge- going a little way down the road? 😂😂
So you were actually at Culvers, one of the homes of the "fast food" cheese curd, where half the on wall advertising photos are actually of the cheese curds and you claim to not know what they are?

I'd walk your butt back that way for Dinner and order some.

Fwie: i like the cheese curds you get at A&W better but the Culvers ones are good.
Chad- I actually prefer the fresh curds over fried(aka squeaky < gooey). I have about 4 or 5 creameries with about 1/2 hour’s drive.
Culver's is a restaurant chain mostly in the Midwest. Started in Wisconsin, hence the cheese curds. They have great burgers and fries, but are also known for their "concretes". They have a different flavor of the day.
I like when they have the walleye fillets...
Ok, you Culver's fans suck!!!!! Showing off the goods and not sharing! 🤣

J/K We're going for a shorter route 66 drive and will be passing one in Webb City MO. Hopefully about lunchtime!!! I do like A&W cheese curds as well. But as in all things, what you can't get always tastes better. (Coors beer in the 70's comes to mind. Thought it wasn't that good, but my uncle from Michigan always took 6-8 cases back with him when he visited.)
Patrick- they usually only have the walleye during Lent. We took Rt 66 on the way home from Waupaca tonight. It was State Hwy 66, but it was still A Route 66!

Karl I have two beagles, Sophie and Tucker. They very rarely chew anything other than chew toys and treats. They always have a chew toy available.
Tucker has destroyed a half dozen pillows in the ten years we have had him, nothing else. Except for Mr. Bill, a talking plush dog toy.

My Tucker loves his Mr. Bill toys. He will sometimes carry one around and play with him for weeks or months.
Until... Its time to kill Mr. Bill. "Oh Nooo" He will then rip him to shreds. The next day or so we give him another Mr. Bill and the cycle begins again.
I always buy two Mr. Bill toys.

Sophie has no interest in Mr. Bill. She will sometimes chew on the throw pillow I lay my head on for naps on my couch. She has never done any damage to anything. She does have a little stuffed toy she adopted after one of the kids left it here. I have no idea what it is. Its a small, three inch white whale, maybe. With big doe eyes. She doesn't chew on it she occasionally sits with it between her front paws.

Beagles do have a tendency to follow their nose. This can lead them to disappear on a hunt, they are great hunters. Tucker has led me on many a not so merry chase. Fortunately he out grew it. Or it could have been the pit bull that attacked him on his final adventure.

Tucker is a 15" Beagle. Sophie is a 13" Beagle. Tucker is very athletic and a true escape artist. Sophie is not very athletic, but will follow her nose if the gate is left open, she never goes beyond the front yard. In the two homes we have lived in I had to make the yards Tucker/escape proof.

Sophie was born with a slightly bent snout. Her teeth on the right side are a little smaller than the left. She does not have very powerful jaws. She is very healthy, thank God. Tucker has a heart murmur, but we monitor it closely and he is very active. Like me he has to limit his time in the heat and humidy, but does not yet require medication. Beagles are known as a very sturdy bread. They are however prone to back problems. Both of my beagles have had off and on back issues after the age of seven. Anti-inflammatory medications have solved the issues in a few days in every case.

Beagles will pursue almost any living thing. People or other dogs to play with. Small animals or birds to hunt.

I think you and your family will love and enjoy your beagle. I wish you all the best!

Nope, won't share my living space with an animal. I like to hit the road on impulse and don't want to leave an animal in the house to be natural nor have to beg people to check up on it.
I have enough fun with other people's animals at their house.
Ken I admire your choice. I think everyone should love animals. But animals are not for everyone.

The animals have to fit our lifestyle.

You could get a side car and a "road dog". That is if your cigar lounge allows dogs. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back