Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday! 22°,Sunny, and Windy. No real warm up until Monday. Went out about 0930, to shovel. Perhaps 4" on the ground, nothing compared to Watertown, NY where cumulatively there is over 24" and still lake effecting, but a Crisis here in the land of helplessness and do for me. My ski slope driveway, apron and sidewalk took us maybe 30" shoveling and another 10" spreading 20° snow melter. Now, we are in for the weekend. Next week, I should really start the snow thrower and see if it still runs. Our worst snows seem to come in early February.

I'm gathering up data, photos and material for the Reading SW1500 build. Finding Paint is the hardest. Anyone know who sells "True Color Paint" or "Model Flex Paint"?
Tru-colour stockists in the US.

Model flex paint

Happy Saturday! 22°,Sunny, and Windy. No real warm up until Monday. Went out about 0930, to shovel. Perhaps 4" on the ground, nothing compared to Watertown, NY where cumulatively there is over 24" and still lake effecting, but a Crisis here in the land of helplessness and do for me. My ski slope driveway, apron and sidewalk took us maybe 30" shoveling and another 10" spreading 20° snow melter. Now, we are in for the weekend. Next week, I should really start the snow thrower and see if it still runs. Our worst snows seem to come in early February.

I'm gathering up data, photos and material for the Reading SW1500 build. Finding Paint is the hardest. Anyone know who sells "True Color Paint" or "Model Flex Paint"?
Mainline hobbies in Blue Ridge Summit Pennsylvania sells true color paint. They are my not so local, local hobby shop.

Why do I bother shoveling for these idiots?🙄
IMG_7693.jpeg

Afternoon All,

The day started out in the mid 40's and currently 56 F. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the 30's. Today in the train room I rattle canned (Tan color) the wall sections and put A&I on the strip wood.

Thank you all for the photo likes yesterday.

Joe- Thank you.

Swal- I wish you the very best for you and your wife.

David- Have fun with the sleep over.

Bill- Nice photo. I didn't realize NKP used a purple paint scheme.

Mac- What in the world is that white stuff? :D

John- What kind of equipment do you operate.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Currently 54 degrees and raining (lightly). about 40 - 1/100 so far today.
Supposed to be off and on rain showers for next 2 following days.
I managed to muster up enough energy yesterday to bring a large cart of firewood up next to the door and cover it with a tarp. Time to build a fire during the game!

CURT - good looking tavern!
BILL -- love the PA's and the Berkshires you been posting!

As Gomer Pyle might have said, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!". While at the Dallas area train show today, I heard someone call out "Hey Santafewillie". A fellow forum member named "Westtexjohn", recognized me from my avatar picture and came over to introduce himself. I guess that it's kinda like a mugshot! I can't believe that he drove 180 miles just to meet me!;)

As Gomer Pyle might have said, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!". While at the Dallas area train show today, I heard someone call out "Hey Santafewillie". A fellow forum member named "Westtexjohn", recognized me from my avatar picture and came over to introduce himself. I guess that it's kinda like a mugshot! I can't believe that he drove 180 miles just to meet me!;)
Did you bring home a trunk load of bargains?

Did you bring home a trunk load of bargains?
While there were some bargains to be found, I only brought home 2 freight cars and two cabooses. The normal mode at this show is MSRP from any of the established dealers and bargains only from the folks with estate sale items and similar stuff. This is Dallas and there are too many people who just pay what is marked because so many of them have too much money. The established dealers, about 80%, do not barter and they also charge tax. But they do accept credit cards. I only deal with the cash only folks and always get a lower price than marked.
I could have easily spent more with the folks that I deal with, but I honestly don't have room for any more freight cars and I already have all of the structures and accessories that I can use. I do need vehicles though, but there were none available. I also like to support my LHS who discount everything anyway.
Disclaimer: I have not been there during the last hour when I have heard that more bargains exist, but still only from the small guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back