Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Mid Day Friday (EST). 29°, lite snow, and fog. About 1.3" of new snow fall. The Noon News on Disney 7, is disappointed that it isn't as bad, (yet), as they reported. Remember, this week boasts two measurable snowfalls, the first in 700 days. (their count). Supposed to end sometime after 5PM, with the arrival of dry colder air.

This came this morning with the mail:

Athearn SW1500 - 01_19_2024 - JSW Photo.jpg

Athearn RTR SW 1500 Undecorated. Plan is to paint the engine Reading Green with Yellow hand rails and frame. # 2763 was the only SW 1500 painted in the green scheme. It will go well with my Green MP15 # 2779. Lots of parts included in the box. I already have compatible silent decoder and appropriate decals, all I need is the right paint, (and my son to do the work for the ole man ;) .

Good morning, all! How quickly the weather changes. Yesterday, we approached 70, today 50 with a biting cold wind. Tonight temps at freezing and tomorrow night below freezing, 28/29.

Sherrel - Are you sure that wasn't an episode on Chicago MD. Glad you're here, safe and sound.
Willie - Tank type. I looked at tankless. We are electric, and don't have the breakers nor wiring for a tankless electric.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good morning, all! How quickly the weather changes. Yesterday, we approached 70, today 50 with a biting cold wind. Tonight temps at freezing and tomorrow night below freezing, 28/29.

Sherrel - Are you sure that wasn't an episode on Chicago MD. Glad you're here, safe and sound.
Willie - Tank type. I looked at tankless. We are electric, and don't have the breakers nor wiring for a tankless electric.

STAY SAFE
LATER
Deleted - I did not read the *whole* sentence and was gonna tell ya about tankless Porpane....

And I'm arguing with BlueHost about getting a DKIM record set up for one of my domains. I use a newsletter service that sends emails to my readers, and Google/Yahoo are cracking down on spammers.

View attachment 179805

I'm trying to get the DKIM to stick, but it doesn't seem to want to...

Not sure if the TXT record needs the v=DKIM front tag or not on the value??? If you're a techie who understands that, let me know.

Not sure what I'm doing later today. The weather changes have given me a nagging little headache. I figure that means I need more coffee. :)

I wish I understood DKIM. I have it on my servers to check for incoming but have not successfully set it up for my own domains to broadcast it. The only Google and otehr big guy problems I've had is if SPF is not set up, and that is easy to do. I've set that up and have not had problems sending to Google etc.

(I run a side business that provides email and web services -- its kind of take care of existing customers but not looking for new ones unless they fall into my lap through referral or something)

I wish I understood DKIM. I have it on my servers to check for incoming but have not successfully set it up for my own domains to broadcast it. The only Google and otehr big guy problems I've had is if SPF is not set up, and that is easy to do. I've set that up and have not had problems sending to Google etc.

(I run a side business that provides email and web services -- its kind of take care of existing customers but not looking for new ones unless they fall into my lap through referral or something)

So I looked at mine and remembered that I had to set up DMARC as well for domains so that Google doesn't complain. This basically sends me a report of our interaction for this domain with Google.

This is what I have in one of the domains I host DNS record (from the @ line so that the first line defaults to the domain and the second is _dmarc.DOMAIN.TLD for lookup)

IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx -all"
_dmarc IN TXT "v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:chad@shire.net"

On the TXT spf record it is saying that any of the MX servers for the domain are also valid senders. You can specify specific ones instead if you need to.

So I looked at mine and remembered that I had to set up DMARC as well for domains so that Google doesn't complain. This basically sends me a report of our interaction for this domain with Google.

This is what I have in one of the domains I host DNS record (from the @ line so that the first line defaults to the domain and the second is _dmarc.DOMAIN.TLD for lookup)

IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx -all"
_dmarc IN TXT "v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:chad@shire.net"

On the TXT spf record it is saying that any of the MX servers for the domain are also valid senders. You can specify specific ones instead if you need to.
Wut??

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 56F and currently 72F. The low on Sunday is supposed to be in the mid 30's. Today in the train room I ran my BLI NW2 and it ran for an hour before it quit moving. The lights and sound still work but it won't move. :mad: On to the build. I finished the weathering and putting signage on the tavern so it's complete. Next up will be a small diner with a curved roof.

David- Interesting looking locos.

Smudge- Interesting rail device and video.

Hughie- At least your water heater is in and working.

Joe- I look forward to seeing your K9 projects and nice looking SW1500.

Sherrel- Scary event. I'm glad you are doing OK now. Did you find out what happened?

Bill- Nice photo.

20240119_102854.jpg

20240119_102925.jpg

20240119_102941.jpg

20240119_103353.jpg

20240119_105800.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

So I'm taking Tom's advice heading to our lawyer's office. I called the heath aid company in our town and they want $45.00 an hour with the minimum of 24 hours a week (24 X 45 = 1080). That's a 1080 a week X 52 X 1080 $56,000 a year and I would have to take care of her the other 4 days a week. That's in home care 3 days a week. So off to our lawyer's office I go.
Swal
We have those adds on tv called Freedom care where you get paid to take care of a loved one. It's a Medicaid program, I don't know what your situation is.

WELP - I didn't deflate, but heart damn near stopped!
Something about "disturbing" a nerve which set off a chain reaction: blood pressure went to 278 and heart rate was dropping be low 30. All of a sudden, I experienced some of the worst pain that I have ever had and there were instantly 6-7 people in the room and "Code Blue" was screaming throughout the hospital.

They were all frantic, I was frantic, and wife just about lost it when they announced RADIOLOGY!
Enough excitement for one day!

MEL - some scrambled with bacon and a plate of hash browns and gravy
I'm hungry this morning!
Still glad to be here!
Sherrel I guess my wife is not the only one with medical problems at the moment. I had a friend whose heart stopped 3 times and he's still alive. I hope you're doing better.
Swal

We have those adds on tv called Freedom care where you get paid to take care of a loved one. It's a Medicaid program, I don't know what your situation is.
I'm glad I listened to you Tom, I went to the lawyer that set up our wills and she also does heath care issues. She told me first, if they try to put her in a health care program in CT where she's in the hospital now say no. Different laws there and you will not be covered by NY state laws and that's just what they suggested to me a nursing home in CT. The NYS- CT boarder is only about 5 miles from where we live. The lawyer is going to put an application in for Medicaid which will cover her cost if she doesn't have over $30,000.00 in assets not counting the house. Most of the money we have now is in my name. She will not being coming home again. I have to keep the house because if I sell it Medicaid will take half the money. So I'll being keeping the RR going for now. It seems kind of lonely here now with her and both dogs gone.
Swal

So I'll being keeping the RR going for now. It seems kind of lonely here now with her and both dogs gone.
Swal
Maybe you could take in a friend that shares your interests as a boarder. That way you wouldn't be alone, (in case something happens to you) and you could get a few bucks, undocumented, to help with the housing expenses.
I'd happily volunteer, but I'm a thousand miles away...

I'm glad I listened to you Tom, I went to the lawyer that set up our wills and she also does heath care issues. She told me first, if they try to put her in a health care program in CT where she's in the hospital now say no. Different laws there and you will not be covered by NY state laws and that's just what they suggested to me a nursing home in CT. The NYS- CT boarder is only about 5 miles from where we live. The lawyer is going to put an application in for Medicaid which will cover her cost if she doesn't have over $30,000.00 in assets not counting the house. Most of the money we have now is in my name. She will not being coming home again. I have to keep the house because if I sell it Medicaid will take half the money. So I'll being keeping the RR going for now. It seems kind of lonely here now with her and both dogs gone.
Swal
I'm glad you got the advise that you needed. My parents are on Medicaid, they are allowed 16,000 each in their bank accounts. Ask a lot questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back