Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got organized for reviewing the items I purchased from my friend moving to Florida.
As I previously purchased about 22 Jordan Minitures kits, I found a couple more and a couple Alloy Form vehicle kits.
20240122_192234.jpg

The Rusty Rails cast resin Shay junk pile is no longer available, so it may be the first painting/weathering project I tackle.

Bob had a box of cast vehicles sitting under a table, which I spotted and claimed for my own. I have glued several wheels back on and a couple cars need paint jobs repaired or new paint. By now, you may have guessed that I have a "thing" about vehicles. These will fit my 50's rural southern layout.
20240122_191748.jpg

I could not resist the little Athearn industrial switcher. Plus the steam engine needs a little work, so I got a super low price.
20240122_192511.jpg

I had a hard time choosing these structure kits from Bar Mills. I was limited by the amount of money I had to spend. There were several other craftsman kits I would loved to have purchased.
20240122_192742.jpg

With my Christmas kits and these purchases, I will be busy for awhile.

I talked to the nursing home finance. person today and found out some things I didn't know. I said in a previous post my wife made $27,500 from her retirement's funds. I added everything up yesterday and now with the increases last year her income is $30,602.00. 602 dollars over the Medicaid limit for nursing home stays. She receives $607.00 from my RR retirement for some reason but that puts her over the limit. The nursing home finance person said if she's over the limit we will only have to pay the amount she's over $602.00. That's good news. I tried calling our lawyer to see if this is true, but she wasn't in her office.
Swal
I'm replying to my own thread because I just called our lawyer, and she tells me there's 2 thresholds for nursing home stays. Income and assets. $30,00.00 for income and $30,000.00 for assets. So that changes things. I was thinking a total of $30,000.00 for both. I'm posting this so anyone else here with a similar problem may have some insight on how it all works.
Swal

This mornings running session.

Haymarket Edinburgh based Class 47 47711 'GREYFRIARS BOBBY' on its way from Balm Road Quarry to Leeds Crown Point Yard.
IMG_2926.JPG

Now at Crown Point Yard

IMG_2927.JPG

Gateshead based Class 47 47404 'HADRIAN' having a 'drop of oil here, a drop there'.
In real life, although a Gateshead based locomotive, it spent the bulk of its life around Birmingham. The crews there must have liked it.

IMG_2928.JPG

I didn’t thank these guys either. Seriously?
View attachment 180030
View attachment 180031
Fair enough, at least you don't differentiate one over another.

The truth is we don’t get to see many customers. I’ll tell you what I often tell customers when I do greet them, “I thank you for your order, without you Amazon doesn’t need me.” I usually add "Have a great day" or "Merry Christmas" etc. whatever is appropriate.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 61F and currently 74F. I drove up to my buddy Jon and gave him my 2 flats and accouterments. He said it will be complete in a couple of weeks. He also looked at the NW2. I thought it was a Paragon 2 but it was actually QSI. He showed me how to reset the board (button) and put the shell back on. Easy fix. :) Nothing in the train room today.

Sherrel- I think we are all guilty of that to varying extents.

Louis- Enjoy the game. Go for 2!

Troy- That sandwich hurts my gut looking at it!:D Thank you for sharing your journey.

Airbrush- Nice looking switcher.

Bill- Nice shot of the box.

Mike- It's Hurricane days here,

Mac/Willie- I had to walk uphill both ways in a dust storm in the overwhelming heat.:D Honestly, I either walked or rode a bicycle until 10th grade when we moved to military base 90 minutes from the H.S.

Willie- That is a heck of a layout.

Smudge- Nice video.

TomO- Well said and thanks for sharing.

John- Great photo.

Mikey- Nice acquisitions.

David- Nice looking diesel.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Well after 0.4" of rain this morning, the sun actually came out for a bit. It was most welcome. And to go with it, the NWS revised it's forecast and removed the rain from tomorrow and Thursday's forecast. Clouds are back until Sunday, but the temperatures are going to continue to go up gradually.
Meanwhile I am headed out to the train shed since I have run out of indoor tasks and it's too wet for anything meaningful outside. I've been on the Internet too long today.

Afternoon all,

Took 2 hours and came home early. They needed the room I've been using for the afternoon as they wanted to set it up for the council meeting tonight. My office will be another couple of weeks as somebody didn't measure properly and ran short of carpet. Reorder from the manufacturer and will take a couple of weeks. Mine will be the only office not complete. Figures...

Got to run the local granddaughter around this evening as mom is working and dad is with her brother at a Scholars bowl tournament.

just caught up on all the banter..some interesting topics. I walked to school for 12 yrs. from several different areas of town. shortest was about 40 yards, longest about 1/2 mile.
weather.JPG
from minus 40 to what the guessers are estimatin for the next 2 wks PS My son & his mrs took their 5 yr old niece to disnyland this wk. Pictures they send back show them in rain ponchos all day. So much for sunny So Cal.

I'm replying to my own thread because I just called our lawyer, and she tells me there's 2 thresholds for nursing home stays. Income and assets. $30,00.00 for income and $30,000.00 for assets. So that changes things. I was thinking a total of $30,000.00 for both. I'm posting this so anyone else here with a similar problem may have some insight on how it all works.
Swal
George: Reading your posts, I'm learning that NY State has different Thresholds for Medicare Nursing stays, vs, Jersey, so any of our experiences will be out of line with what they are telling you. One question to ask the lawyer: What are your attorney's fees going to cost, and how does that affect the spend down / asset / income thresholds?

Good evening. It's cloudy and 68.
Today was a day of terse conversations, none of them particularly good.
First, I was able to confirm Frontier removed the charge from my nonexistent account. By the end of the call, the girl helping me was glad she was in India.
Next, I discovered the place I work had "accidentally" paid another employee roughly half my pay. It will be put back on my paycheck next time--in two weeks. Meantime, I ended up with a paycheck less than if I collected Social Security. By the end of that conversation, the manager wished he was in India.
Last, I got an Email from Fedrex, alerting me to changes in my account that I didn't initiate. Another call, another offshore employee glad they were several thousand miles from ground zero.

I live for this stuff...

Good evening. It's cloudy and 68.
Today was a day of terse conversations, none of them particularly good.
First, I was able to confirm Frontier removed the charge from my nonexistent account. By the end of the call, the girl helping me was glad she was in India.
Next, I discovered the place I work had "accidentally" paid another employee roughly half my pay. It will be put back on my paycheck next time--in two weeks. Meantime, I ended up with a paycheck less than if I collected Social Security. By the end of that conversation, the manager wished he was in India.
Last, I got an Email from Fedrex, alerting me to changes in my account that I didn't initiate. Another call, another offshore employee glad they were several thousand miles from ground zero.

I live for this stuff...
Sounds like it's good to be in India, they get all the money😆

Good evening: 33°, with temperatures rising through the night. Light rain after 0100. It went up to 46°, and we had melting. No flooding though.
The thaw should last through Sunday, although it will be rainy. Back to highs in the 30s on Monday.

At the end of 1, it's Minnesota 2, Capitals 0.

Good morning gang!

33° in cloudy with rain eminent in the next hour. Rain off and on today with a high of 47°. More of the same for the next two days as temperatures moderate even further to a Friday afternoon high of 67° then clearing and colder for the weekend. Oh, hell, I love the temperature roller coaster!
BBL

Good afternoon from a cloudy, breezy land of the former North British Railway.

Not a lot going on today, so should see the train room later.

Being refuelled at Leeds Crown Point Yard., Class 47 47404 'HADRIAN' and Class 55 55023 '9TH QUEEN'S ROYAL LANCERS'. Only 22 Class 55s were built, but I wanted one with the Regiment my father was in. 55023 would have been the next number in sequence.

IMG_2932.JPG

Also at Crown Point Yard Class 52 D1027 'WESTERN LANCER'.

D1027  Western Lancer.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back