Running Bear's January 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, thanks for the info TLOC!!! My eldest is at Michigan State now (freshmen...the one in my signature pic actually hahaha)!!! I will have to go visit and hit the train show... I have hit the one in Novi but never that one! Seriously, many thanks.
B0C7C720-418B-4CD1-9A8C-F46A09933966.png
B0C7C720-418B-4CD1-9A8C-F46A09933966.png

Good evening. 34° and cloudy, with a threat of snow showers. 36° on the front porch, 26° predicted by morning.

My Pre-op is scheduled for 0900 tomorrow. Wife is driving and concerned about conditions. Hopefully the various agencies will do be out there with salt...

Trainworld is shipping a Genesis B&O (Blue scheme) Cabin car, ordered 08/16/2021. They don't call any longer, I guess they are afraid of cancellations. I really remember why I ordered it, probably after I rebuilt my Capital Dome scheme GP30. According to the Trainworld web site, the Genesis Amtrak Anniversary P42s are due 3/31...if they wait until 5/1, they can mark Amtrak's 52nd anniversary. Rapido County Series (NH) Baggage - Parlor -Lounge cars, (in PC), are expected after 2/28. These were ordered more than two years ago. Scale Trains GP-30s are due 2/28.
Needless to say, that's why I no longer pre-order.

Louis: Wish your Angel a Happy Birthday, from Natasha and myself.

Caps beat Columbus in OT, 4 - 3. Ovie 3 Shots Attempted, -1 was not a factor. Last Caps game before the All Star break.

NYC 4072 - Albany NY - Jeremy Plant photo.jpg

Jeremy Plant's undated photo of NYC 4072 in Albany, NY.

Louis - Please wish Angela a Happy Birthday from me. My wife pointed out to me that her birthday this year will be on Super Bowl Sunday, the first time that that has ever happened. That game used to be a lot earlier in the year if I recall. While I and many others complain about commercials on TV, it is ironic that so many watch that game for the commercials!o_O
I will be happy to pass your birthday wish on to my wife, thank you.

Knowing your wife is a fan of the NFL, how cool is that? She can celebrate her day by watching the Super Bowl!

Your memory serves you well. The Super Bowl had always been played in January. When the Super Bowl began the NFL season had only 14 games. The game moved to February in 2002 due to the 911 attacks causing a week of games to be postponed. It has been played in February ever since. It was played on the first Sunday in February. Since 2021 it has been played on the second Sunday in February. The regular season schedule has expanded twice. First to 16 games. It is now 17 games and 18 weeks long. (mo money, mo money, mo money!)

I will never understand the super bowl commercial phenomenon. Although there have been some remarkably successful commercials. Some were very funny as well!
All the commercials do change the game. Time of possession becomes less of a factor due to all the long commercial breaks providing time for players to rest. On the other hand, all the pregame hype and length of the game causes its own kind of fatigue.

The Super Bowl now transcends sports. It has become a national cultural event. It has almost reached holiday status! Many people take Monday off following the game, without holiday pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back