Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biscuits smothered in sausage gravy???????
Please tell me your definition of Biscuit and Sausage Gravy is way different from mine 🤣
USA style... a heart attack hiding in every plate

Take that with a grain of salt. The statistics can be misleading due to fearmongering by certain officials, as early in the "pandemic" many hospitalizations/deaths were erroneously classified as "due to Covid" when they were really "with Covid".
However, since there was so much that was unknown at the time, we had no national policy with regards to testing and reporting, a big failure on the part of government.

Also a high number in the beginning were old folks at ld folks homes where the governors of some states sent older covid victims to expire, infecting the rest of the facility.

USA style... a heart attack hiding in every plate

Ok, definately different :)

Troy on about embarrassing British spelling, how about embarrassing Town names, that has to be worse surely.

• Accident, Maryland. ...
  • Middelfart, Denmark. ...
  • Wank, Germany. ...
  • Windpassing, Austria. ...
  • Shitterton, UK. ...
  • Moron, Andalusia. ...
  • Bendova, Czech Republic. The townsfolk here will do anything to keep you happy.
  • Dull, Scotland. Now proudly twinned with Boring in Oregon.

So I heard a story about when the queen went to Denmark

In Danish, "in use" on an elevator is "i fart" (which is cognate with German "in Fahrt" [not that the Germans would necessarily say it that in -- I'd have to look that up]. Danish "i" means "in" and fart comes from "at fara / fara", meaning "to go / journey", which must be older Danish as I don't find it in the Dictionary now but I do find it in Swedish and also in Nynorsk (one of the forms of Norwegian) and it goes back to old Norsk. And Danish is just another form of those languages.

Anyway, supposedly, the Queen was visiting Denmark and someone figured out that "i fart" was a little rough for her majesty and went to all the elevators she would be using and covered over the "i fart" sign on the elevator (which showed it in use).

Troy on about embarrassing British spelling, how about embarrassing Town names, that has to be worse surely.

• Accident, Maryland. ...
  • Middelfart, Denmark. ...
  • Wank, Germany. ...
  • Windpassing, Austria. ...
  • Shitterton, UK. ...
  • Moron, Andalusia. ...
  • Bendova, Czech Republic. The townsfolk here will do anything to keep you happy.
  • Dull, Scotland. Now proudly twinned with Boring in Oregon.
Many years ago, I picked my parent's up to visit my brother who was also stationed in Germany.
After about two hours travelling down a German autobahn, my Mother made the comment about this really big city we were driving past, a little confused as we were no where near any big town or city I asked what did she meant, she pointed to a sign as we drove past.
I nearly crashed the car laughing, and had to explain to my poor mom, that Ausfahrt means Exit in German 🤣 🤣

From shape the "Shreddies" looks more like a "Chex" cereal or something along that line.

img-480-480-0-false-default-fff.png

Good morning gang!

Flo dear, how about a big plate of biscuits smothers in sausage gravy!

Cold and cloudy here, might see 32° by 4pm if we are lucky.

Good morning,

Biscuits and Gravy at Hardees (fast food restraunt) is one of my all time favorite fast food meals. I would at times drive 32 miles to the nearest hardees to get them, when I have the craving.

Well, it is cold here, will be warm for 24 hours, then get really cold (again). Pretty much what we have been seeing all January. Currently +9 F and sunny.

We have the Northern Pacific Railway Historical Association as an excellent resource for NP modelers. I found this track diagram (a whole book of them) pretty interesting stuff, according to this there is about 4 1/2 feet of ballast measuring from the end of the tie, before the outslope.

IMG_1923.JPG

After looking at the photo more, I notice the cross section is along the left side of the drawing. The pencil marks on the east are mine.

Not sure how I made 5/3 equal to 12/4. Must be that new woke math they are talking about.

More later, Dave LASM

Many years ago, I picked my parent's up to visit my brother who was also stationed in Germany.
After about two hours travelling down a German autobahn, my Mother made the comment about this really big city we were driving past, a little confused as we were no where near any big town or city I asked what did she meant, she pointed to a sign as we drove past.
I nearly crashed the car laughing, and had to explain to my poor mom, that Ausfahrt means Exit in German 🤣 🤣

yeah, Germans like Fahrts. Used all over for all sorts of things. insert all the obligatory jokes.

Good morning folks of the global world. A nice day coming in So. Central Wisconsin. 23f degrees feeling like a damp 13 as I took the garbage bin to the street and 15 minutes later back in again. New refuse company is about 3 hours earlier for pick up then the last company. I just can’t see myself putting the bins out on Sunday night.

The football was very exciting yesterday. I don’t bet on sports, in the last 6 games I had one winner, Cinnicy over the Chiefs.

Messed up in the train room yesterday. Poured the concrete service pad but forgot to add the track in 1st. Duh?

Purchased online this morning a few Gp40-2’s and and a gp50. These may become dummy units for my free lance RR. Not sure but a good price to do this and experiment on locomotive paint schemes. Had trouble with the house internet when I was on PayPal. Now I think it was a PayPal issue and not the house internet. Terry has been online for hours triple checking the taxes and had no issues.

I took out a large amount in 2021 from my 401k and it seems I greatly over paid both federal and state taxes. We have not had a refund in maybe 25 years per the accountant/cfo/wife but we are getting a big enough one to have paid the combined taxes we owed the last 4 years. That’s ok for a one time thing. I don’t have to touch the 401k balance until I hit 72 and even then only a percentage needs to be moved. 3 years till then. Anybody get the tax forms from PayPal for 2021? I had a few friends get them but I sold quite a bit and have not gotten any forms and today is the last day for forms for 2021 to be sent out.

TomO

Good morning all! We are awaiting the rain, 90% chance with possible street flooding. Upside is I should get some train time.

I received an email from Amazon my order for Ernie's Gas Station has been canceled. Amazon's policy is if a vendor cannot ship in 30 days Amazon cancels the order. So now I need to search for a new one. I had found one at Model Train Stuff but they wanted $16.50 to ship. At $16.50 they could ship it by way of Smudge's house first. The canceled order had a $4.50 shipping. Orders from MTS just before Christmas were in the area of $6.00. Model Train Stuff used to be my "go-to" store, but lately they always out of stock on the items I'm looking for, and if they are going to jack up the price of shipping, I'll be looking else where.

but I didn't want to risk losing my power from the high winds (40mph gusts) since an getting outage while my command station is on, might potentially scramble some of my decoders.

It shouldn't be a problem if you lose power since if the Command/Booster shuts down anyway during a short circuit and there's no damage to the decoders, no different than a household losing electrical power. I would worry more about power surges than loss of power.

Those out there with real life experiences with power outage and decoders correct me if I'm wrong.

Greg

Last edited:
Morning again,

We had an earthquake this morning. Centered 30 miles from Enid, OK, the 4.5 quake lasted nearly a minute. Longest one I've ever felt. You could hear the building rumble just before it was felt.

Not the first one, just the longest one. Now we not only have tornado's, we have earthquakes as well.
So between that and the Winter Storm watch in place for tomorrow, the world may be ending soon... 🤣

airplane-its-a-twister.gif

The B&G recipe would be better with scratch biscuits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back