Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone......sunny day and warmer for a change here in this part of Wisconsin.

Watched the Championship games yesterday and sorry for the losers, but nice to see new teams in the Super Bowl for a change. We're in a Super Bowl pool in Arizona. Cathy's sister is having a pool in her clinic's office with her staff and we're included. My money's on Cincinnati to win. Too bad about the Packer's lost and the poor performance during the entire season of the Packer's Special Teams. I haven't heard if the Special Teams coach is still employed. My money says Adams and Rogers stay and Bakhtiari will be gone for 2022.

Waiting for some additional 1099 Forms to finish my taxes. Took a bunch of $$$ from my IRA's to cover my RMD and the taxes to boot. (A year too soon). Right now it looks like we'll be receiving a Federal refund. I used over with-hold when I worked as a sort of forced saving program and it worked and we received refunds every year, but my being retired now for almost 10 years this will be the first refund in a long time.

Hopefully, I'll hear from PayPal this week and have my order or a refund.

My order from Hiawatha Hobbies came on Saturday and I like the size of the Vallejo spray paints and look forward to using them. Watched Stephen Bennett do a video on weathering a flat car deck and I have several Walther's UP flat cars which are "Yellow" and need some weathering or a real wood deck. He used Panzer Gray as the base coat to weather the deck of the flat car. Hawatha does a nice job on customer service and I like visiting their store, but find ordering online is easy and I don't mind the shipping fee.

TomO: Its been bothering me about where my old Suydam kits might be hidden. With my current solder skills and claps, it would be fun to build one of those old kits from the past. I remember the plastic windows with the muntins printed on the plastics. Ever think of adding an ethanol plant to your layout? There's an ethanol plant on he way to the cabin if we take a detour on Highway 91 to Berlin, Wisconsin to get to the cabin.

Riley enjoyed the being in the living and ding room during the football games. We have a large screen TV on a temp table to watch football while we have a fire in the fireplace. Riley loves laying in the sun and looking out the living room windows. There's normally baby style gates on the entrances leading to these rooms and Riley has discovered how to open the gate doors that's part of the overall baby gate.

When I finish here I have to work again on my spell check. Its replacing words or replacing misspelled words with words that maybe be close in spelling but have a different meaning. I finally discovered this when I reread my last posting. Awful!!!

Going to run over to spell check....bye.

Greg

###########################

IMG_0422.JPG

Good Morning all 23 degrees in the Ozark Foothills. Thanks for all the likes and nice complements on my Piggyback Trailers. Last night I worked on a old Weaver RS-3 Reading converted it into a dummy unit I’ll post some pics of it later almost done with it.

James. I’ll be sending that Storm to you when it hits here Wednesday/ Thursday. Yesterday I fueled the Allis Chalmers WD up checked everything and hooked the Blade to it and put it back in the garage I’m ready. View attachment 139973
One of my favorite all time tractors! Love Allis Chalmers! My father worked for them 38 years! technically it became Siemens-Allis then to Siemens.....dad worked in West Allis in Milwaukee back in the day.

One of my favorite all time tractors! Love Allis Chalmers!
Meant to say, Lee, that I drove one of those in the oil field grading roads in the 50's. Had a blade that you had to turn by hand and two big wheels - one each side - for raising and lowering the blade.

Patrick, You trying to vie for my ocean front property?
Would you care to maybe put in an order for a hurricane this summer? 😈😈😈
Hughie - to funny!

Meant to say, Lee, that I drove one of those in the oil field grading roads in the 50's. Had a blade that you had to turn by hand and two big wheels - one each side - for raising and lowering the blade.

Patrick, You trying to vie for my ocean front property?

Hughie - to funny!
In this case, it was due to water injection\fracking in oil wells in Oklahoma. They make a hole big enough there'll be a new lake between Willie and I.

Afternoon All,

Did laundry (we do our own here) then went to the train room. I was very pleased that the freight house roof went easily on the roof bracing and walls. After that I glued down 2 add-ons and added roofing to them. The large add-on that sits on the roof is not glued down. I want to put the roofing on it before attaching it (although the instructions say otherwise). It also has 4 vestibule windows that need attached before that.

I can't believe there was an earthquake in both CA and OK in one day. Glad there was no damage in both cases.

IB Ken- Nice job on the switchers.

TomO- I plan on putting in a concrete pad for the current build. Would hydrocal be stronger and less prone to chipping?

Ken (IL)- I feel your computer frustration.

Steve- Nothing wrong with that. I did a similar thing in rectangle shape on my last layout.

Greg- Nice scene.

Hughie- I'm sure several hurricanes are on preorder for FL this year.

20220131_140932.jpg

Truck side
20220131_141820.jpg

Track side
20220131_142707.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

truckdad I think a picture of your guitar is in order…..
I had a band in the late 60's after getting out of the Marine Corps.. Being I was a truck driver in USMC we didn't have to do guard duty. We did ambulance duty. So I started learning how to play the guitar while waiting for a 911 call that never came. I don't know how I ever played as well as I did when I had the band. I'm bad now. When Leslie West came in 2nd in a talent show. He said, to his mother, how come I didn't win. She replied because you didn't practice enough, that's why. She answered my question why I'm so bad now.

Gibson_SG.JPG

Good Morning Everyone......sunny day and warmer for a change here in this part of Wisconsin.

Watched the Championship games yesterday and sorry for the losers, but nice to see new teams in the Super Bowl for a change. We're in a Super Bowl pool in Arizona. Cathy's sister is having a pool in her clinic's office with her staff and we're included. My money's on Cincinnati to win. Too bad about the Packer's lost and the poor performance during the entire season of the Packer's Special Teams. I haven't heard if the Special Teams coach is still employed. My money says Adams and Rogers stay and Bakhtiari will be gone for 2022.

Waiting for some additional 1099 Forms to finish my taxes. Took a bunch of $$$ from my IRA's to cover my RMD and the taxes to boot. (A year too soon). Right now it looks like we'll be receiving a Federal refund. I used over with-hold when I worked as a sort of forced saving program and it worked and we received refunds every year, but my being retired now for almost 10 years this will be the first refund in a long time.

Hopefully, I'll hear from PayPal this week and have my order or a refund.

My order from Hiawatha Hobbies came on Saturday and I like the size of the Vallejo spray paints and look forward to using them. Watched Stephen Bennett do a video on weathering a flat car deck and I have several Walther's UP flat cars which are "Yellow" and need some weathering or a real wood deck. He used Panzer Gray as the base coat to weather the deck of the flat car. Hawatha does a nice job on customer service and I like visiting their store, but find ordering online is easy and I don't mind the shipping fee.

TomO: Its been bothering me about where my old Suydam kits might be hidden. With my current solder skills and claps, it would be fun to build one of those old kits from the past. I remember the plastic windows with the muntins printed on the plastics. Ever think of adding an ethanol plant to your layout? There's an ethanol plant on he way to the cabin if we take a detour on Highway 91 to Berlin, Wisconsin to get to the cabin.

Riley enjoyed the being in the living and ding room during the football games. We have a large screen TV on a temp table to watch football while we have a fire in the fireplace. Riley loves laying in the sun and looking out the living room windows. There's normally baby style gates on the entrances leading to these rooms and Riley has discovered how to open the gate doors that's part of the overall baby gate.

When I finish here I have to work again on my spell check. Its replacing words or replacing misspelled words with words that maybe be close in spelling but have a different meaning. I finally discovered this when I reread my last posting. Awful!!!

Going to run over to spell check....bye.

Greg

###########################

View attachment 139986
Greg. Too late for an Ethanol plant. Where the Grain Terminal is where the Ethanol plant sat for 4 years. I never liked the way I squeezed the buildings. I still have the Ethanol load out tracks in place. In the picture below where the Milw. Road transfere caboose is the old load out tracks for the EP.
A6E95AD8-4E9E-4C48-9717-3C2B077E178A.jpeg

TomO

truckdad I think a picture of your guitar is in order…..

I had a band in the late 60's after getting out of the Marine Corps.. Being I was a truck driver in USMC we didn't have to do guard duty. We did ambulance duty. So I started learning how to play the guitar while waiting for a 911 call that never came. I don't know how I ever played as well as I did when I had the band. I'm bad now. When Leslie West came in 2nd in a talent show. He said, to his mother, how come I didn't win. She replied because you didn't practice enough, that's why. She answered my question why I'm so bad now.

View attachment 139998
Check out Geoff47 on Youtube. His story is similar to yours, learned young, gave it up and then came take later.

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. You know today feels like a Monday. Oh wait it is!!! Been a rough one today. Work day was a total bust. I have definitely had better days. Cherry on top is getting had by an eBay seller. That's always a good time. Overpaid for an item that should have been half the price. I guess reading the description can still blow up in your face. So I'll have to prepare for the back and forth that's about to fall on my lap. Not to mention it got broken in transit as well. So yeah Monday it is! I'll stop by later when I get a chance.

Afternoon All,

Did laundry (we do our own here) then went to the train room. I was very pleased that the freight house roof went easily on the roof bracing and walls. After that I glued down 2 add-ons and added roofing to them. The large add-on that sits on the roof is not glued down. I want to put the roofing on it before attaching it (although the instructions say otherwise). It also has 4 vestibule windows that need attached before that.

I can't believe there was an earthquake in both CA and OK in one day. Glad there was no damage in both cases.

IB Ken- Nice job on the switchers.

TomO- I plan on putting in a concrete pad for the current build. Would hydrocal be stronger and less prone to chipping?

Ken (IL)- I feel your computer frustration.

Steve- Nothing wrong with that. I did a similar thing in rectangle shape on my last layout.

Greg- Nice scene.

Hughie- I'm sure several hurricanes are on preorder for FL this year.

View attachment 139991

Truck side
View attachment 139992

Track side
View attachment 139993

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt. I have never personally worked with hydrocal before. I remember it becomes very hard from seeing it used at a club in the 1970’s.

I use the Smooth It as It is workable for about 15-20 minutes after the pour. It’s very sandable and in the past has taken coloring very well. I have not been in the train room today. I had another low blood glucose event today. I will report late tomorrow

TomO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back