Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the comments about the P/U's guys; every little bit helps. I have not heard from the insurance company at this time, but I figure it's a goner at 22 years? What hurts is the fact that all of the previous problems that I had with it prior, had seemed to go away - for the past couple months it had performed flawlessly.
What really upsets me most is the young college student that I hit. His car was an older heavy model, but I sure messed up the rear of it.
BBob -- I like that last photo and caption = COOL!
CURT - Justin, I am sure, will be happy to x-pound his knowledge of coal operations?
JOE - Great photo!

FB_IMG_1553459509026.jpg

... For years, I tried to model the PRR, until I realized that mostly everything I was familiar with was the Penn Central, Conrail and Amtrak. That's when I changed direction.
Joe, if you switch 'PRR' with 'C&O' and 'PC' with 'B&O', you'd be telling my story! [Well...I didn't actually work for the B&O, but I knew several guys who did and they got me access to a lot of cool areas on the B&O property.] In my early teen years as a transplanted Michigan native, my dream was to model the C&O (with a bit of NYC thrown in) and Ford's River Rouge complex. But after I got my drivers license and was able to get around on my own in the early 1970's, I got to know the B&O so well that I couldn't comprehend modeling anything else.

Willie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Last edited:
Good evening SHop Dwellers! 45*F and light rain with a NW breeze in my central MD neighborhood.

I'm continuing to slog thru the scenery project, motivated by the need to have it ready for "prime time" by October 2021. After completing my Saturday chores, I spent my remaining few hours of free time preparing an alternative surface for setting all my scenery tools and materials. As you've probably noticed in my recent photos, these were cluttering the entire area directly in front of the places I was scenicking. I had a "light bulb" moment when I spied a stack of old 16x36-inch sheets of masonite - I could use those to protect the tracks of my steel mill yard and put my scenery paraphernalia on them! So that's what I did. It took awhile for me to remove the rolling stock and put them in their designated boxes, but once that was done there was plenty of counter space. Here are pics of the next area I plan to work on, and where I relocated the clutter:
SouthBrooklynMessTransferred.jpg

Ha, I see Murphy decided to "photo-bomb" the second image...:oops::p

Hiya gang!
Emissions test this morning for the truck (passed) then I went on the hunt for a battery for my digital micrometer. I went looking for a # 357 button battery. Wallyworld didn't have them, CVS was out, finally found them at Target. Got home, wife was on a cleaning streak, and quickly appropriated me and the boy to rub a dub dub duties on the couch. Then after painting the remaining walls in the boys room Son#3 stopped by with his fiance' so we could have a little visit and he could get his birthday gifts from us.
Happy birthday to you too Willie! Needless to say after a late dinner and cleaning up the paint I'm done! Maybe tomorrow I can get to the workbench!
Beady, you be disturbin man!
Sherrell Even though I work for GM , you cant go wrong with a Toyota. I almost bought on then I found my latest S10. I had an older S10, loved it. Got rid of it when my Dad gave me his 4x4 Ranger (there is a reason it was brown). When it fell apart I went looking and found my current truck. It may be 17 years old, but only has 80k . The last one I had went 200k. If it came down to having to buy a new one, I'd go with the tacoma.
Gary, Nice RS11, but then again I never met an Alco I didn't like!
L8ter gang!

TERRY- Continuing prayers for MARIE and you.

WILLIE- Happy Birthday.
Not a nice day -wind,rain and for us chilly. Going down to 41* with a high about 58* tomorrow. Yeah, I know, many of you would be going around in shorts and tee shirt. It is what it is.
Prayers for all . Have a good nights sleep and pleasant dreams.
Phil

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 32.
I am going to ask a friend that is a Notary to come to the hospital with me, and have her notarize a power of attorney and health care surrogate form. It seems the one my wife signed in the emergency room isn't good enough for me to get even basic questions answered without a runaround from the hospital staff.

Terry - Continued prayers for your wife. Strange that you had to do that paperwork seeing your the husband.
Willie - Happy Birthday

Good morning....Sad that the Bills lost in OT but glad the Pat's are out, would like to see different teams battle in the super bowl.

Good Morning! It is mostly supposed to be sunny with a high today of 69 degrees up from a present 40. So, MEL, your help hasn't shown up this morning? Maybe too much fun last night? OK. I'll wait on breakfast - just coffee for me at this time.

I couldn't decide who I wanted to win the Houston-Buffalo game - just happy that the pats lost - tired of the Brady Bunch. That being said - both games were outstanding!

Espeefan ... I am enjoying your posts with photos and a video of Southern Pacific . Actually, there was a time when I did have SP models in HO. It was mostly first generation diesels in Daylight or Black Widow paint schemes. Much of it was Athearn including PA and PB, F7’s, and Trainmasters. As a kid , our family road on the Coast Daylight and the Shasta Daylight. I recall riding in a 3/4 length dome on the Shasta Daylight. It was 1957 with Daylight colors. The first part of that trip was from Chicago to Los Angeles on the Santa Fe Super Chief, and I am now working on my HO Super Chief.

Glad you like 'em! :) I saw a previous post referencing your Super Chief project. I do mostly SP, but I dabble in Santa Fe, and a little UP as well. What are you using for the Super Chief? I have the original one from Walthers (the painted one) with the Athearn Genesis F units. I've put together several passenger trains over the years, the SP's Lark, two Daylights, a Coast and a San Joaquin, and two City Trains, the Walthers COLA and a 1941 City of San Francisco part Walthers, part brass cars. The Lark and the COSF both took years as I had to chase down individual cars. They were a labor of love! about half the COSF needs painted which I'll hopefully finish this year.

Good morning, everybody ........ Coffee and a donut, please.

Glad you like 'em! :) I saw a previous post referencing your Super Chief project. I do mostly SP, but I dabble in Santa Fe, and a little UP as well. What are you using for the Super Chief? I have the original one from Walthers (the painted one) with the Athearn Genesis F units. I've put together several passenger trains over the years, the SP's Lark, two Daylights, a Coast and a San Joaquin, and two City Trains, the Walthers COLA and a 1941 City of San Francisco part Walthers, part brass cars. The Lark and the COSF both took years as I had to chase down individual cars. They were a labor of love! about half the COSF needs painted which I'll hopefully finish this year.

Alan .... Apparently you have an impressive passenger train fleet. My Super Chief is also the original Walthers model. Mine has been in original boxes since I purchased it roughly 15 years ago. Just recently I unboxed the 8 car train. I also have two extra Walthers sleepers for it, nd they are still in boxes. Currently, I am using a Santa Fe FM Erie-built ABA locomotive by LL Proto 1000. I have a Stewart Santa Fe F3 ABBA in original boxes, too. Both locomotive sets are as old as the Walthers train.

I have two ways to operate my layout. First is an operating session where I strive for prototypical operations of the CB&Q in 1962. Second is a running session with trains from various railroads and various eras.

Everybody .... Have a nice Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back