Running Bear's January 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. My wife has been chatting with several local providers of cpap machines. As everyone on here has said, the current company cannot by law continue to charge for it after it's paid for. My wife produced a couple years' worth of receipts showing the "service charge".
Can you say "Medicare Fraud"? Apria may get into a little trouble over this.

Good evening. My wife has been chatting with several local providers of cpap machines. As everyone on here has said, the current company cannot by law continue to charge for it after it's paid for. My wife produced a couple years' worth of receipts showing the "service charge".
Can you say "Medicare Fraud"? Apria may get into a little trouble over this.

Not for nothing, but I would turn them in to Medicare, (or your Part C Carrier if that's what she has). Most vendors will change their tune once Medicare sends them a citation, or asks questions. The Medicare rep will be most interested, and guide her through the process.

Boris

I forget who, but it seems like there's been multiple birthdays. To whom it may concern:

EA9pLCFXoAEhJIf.jpg

Good evening Shop Dwellers, only have time for a "drive-by" post. Been busy as <the 'netherworld> these last coupla days: helping with the removal and packing of Christmas paraphernalia; visiting an 86yr-old Aunt in rehab after suffering a broken hip [luckily not too severe, she' up and about with a walker]; and sneaking into the trainroom for an hour or two to make incremental progress on the scenery. Doesn't leave much time for posting...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all you guys who had birthdays this past week, I don't want to name names for fear of overlooking somebody.

Curt - I can sympathize, your photo reminds me of the time I had to tear down and rebuild my previous layout in 2010. But I'm glad to see you've got plans to build a bigger-n-better version of what you had. I never would have been able host the type of op sessions I have these days if I hadn't gone through the Pain-for-the-Gain!

Good morning everyone. 58 and raining. Only goes downhill from here. Tonight heavy rain, tomorrow snow and ice, then Sunday brings a warmup to melt the snow and ice - - - can someone say "roller coaster"?

IBKen, Chessie, Tom, Sherrel, Roofintrash, Greg, Patrick, Flip, Chad, Chet, Wheeler, Willie, BurlingtonBob, Jim, Boris, and anyone I may have missed - thank you for the birthday wishes, likes, comments, etc.

Ran a dozen or so errands on my "day off" then picked up MOH when she got off work and we went out to a restaurant to celebrate my birthday (of course, a restaurant that gave me a free entree for my birthday - the money I saved on that meal was spent at our LHS earlier that afternoon - - shhhh- don't tell my wife.

Got home too late to run trains. No photos to post today.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning All,

currently cloudy and starting again win some very light rain. Supposed to rain all day with it starting to freeze and turn to snow about rush hour this afternoon. Depending on exactly where the line forms anywhere from 2-6 inches in our forecast through tomorrow afternoon. Supposed to get to near 40 on Sunday.

Dr. has me running some stretches for my neck where I have the nerve pinched. Also having surgery at the end of the month to relieve the carpal tunnel on my right hand. Always something.

Good Morning All. Cloudy and 66°; yes 66° confirmed by Weather Underground just down the road. Incredible for January 10. The predicted heavy thunderstorms with flash floods have not materialized, 36 hours late already. Might still happen but looking at the radar, it seems unlikely. But one can never tell with Mother Nature. Visit with the optometrist went OK yesterday. I do have some cataracts in the right eye that need to be addressed and she is recommending a pair of bifocals. Oh well. At 68 I guess that was inevitable. Maybe it will make me a better modeler.

Bacon, scrambled eggs and toast for me this morning Flo. Double the bacon as usual.

Thanks to all for the likes and comments regarding the various pictures of the "other side of the tracks", the law office and upstairs businesses; Bob, Chet, Dave, Sherrel, Jim, Jerome, Chad, Justin, Phil, Rick, Bill, Tom, Mikey, Curt, Patrick, Garry, Johnny, Greg, Joe, Ken.

Out in the train shed yesterday, it appears that I was able to salvage that base for the Majestic. Added the first round of details, more over on the workbench since the paint isn't dry yet.
Progress.
01-10-20 001.JPG

01-10-20 002.JPG

01-10-20 007.JPG

01-10-20 004.JPG

More to come including fixing the roof where the adhesive didn't do it's job.

Bob - For box car grain loading, here's a short film made in 1981.
Grain Elevator
Dave -
Willie, The detail in this scene is remarkable. The strewn trash, the weeds growing in the cracks, missing bricks, and if the 2 cops were beating the "alleged" criminal with their nightsticks I would think it real!!
Some credit must go to Randy of Downtown Deco for the hydrocal structure kit. I do like to insert small "mini-scenes" into the layout. The police and suspect is one of my favorites.
Patrick - Get well soon.

Today is National Save the Eagles Day. I think that Seattle settled that one. Oh! Maybe different Eagles!:cool:
Everybody have a great day.

Howdy . ..... Coffee and a donut, please.

Willie ... I can't see any problems now with the base for Majestic hardware. I like the details you added. I enjoyed seeing your series of photos in recent days as you worked on this project.

Alan .... The RS11 looks great in the video.

Boris... I don't know why Part D plans are so complex, but evidently Congress has a lot to do with it. :confused:

Here is a photo in my town of Blackhawk.

36719457316_41f2eed160_b.jpg

Everybody: ..... Have a great Friday.

Good morning. 11 degrees with clear skies and we may make it into the upper 20's. Have the vet stopping by this morning to give our little doxie her shots and giving here the annual check up. This afternoon I have a doctors appointment to follow up on my leg. It is feeling a lot better and I want to know what to do and what not to do with it. Would like to get down to the hot springs and get some swimming in.

Johnny - 548.gif Wouldn't want to think of all the candles on my cake. Might look like the wild fires in Australia.

Jim - Nice photos. Really like that steamer. The leg is doing a lot better.

Curt - It looks like you have been able to salvage quite a few turnouts and track.

Joe -
Nice photos. Enjoy watching the progress on the layout. Really like the photos of the RDC's.

Greg
- Sorry to hear about the air brush problems. Hope you can figure out the problem. I gave up on watching the local weather forecasts here. So far I would say that they have been 95% wrong.

Terry - That does sound like Medicare fraud. You gonna turn them in???

Beady - Really like the post about getting older. How true.

Justin
- Nice selection of photos.

Alan - That is a sweet running Alco. Enjoy it.

Willie - Excellent photos as usual. I really like all of the detail work you did.

Garry - Talk about excellent photos. You done good !!!

Bob - Like the BNSF photos. Here is what I usually can see going to my club in Livingston, MT.

thumbnail_20190829_160259.jpg

thumbnail_20190829_160313.jpg

That's was a westbound train preparing to head up the Bozeman Pass.

Later

Happy friday fellers. Supposed to continue warming up for us here. Ran some trains this morning for a little bit. I still have some work to do on my track. I cant figure out how it gets dirty so quickly. Well maybe not dirty so much as I suppose I'm having connectivity issues somehow. I watched a video on applying graphite to the rails. Not enough to leave a mess just enough to coat the rails so that it won't get into the gears. Anyone done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back