Running Bear's December 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

shoes, work shoes were 5 pairs of Italian leather and each were resoled many times. Had to wear soxes.

casual shoes we’re and still are Docker brands, no soxes.

Canvas type had been since retirement (2014) New Balance and no soxes. Basically used 85% of the time I am wearing shoes. Have just before T-giving in November switched to Sketchers and no soxes.

However, going out today I wore my first pair of diabetic compression ankle soxes and they suck. But, I promised my doctor I would try them. Tomorrow, I will try the full sized diabetic compression soxes.

it’s fun getting older!
Tom- getting older is something, alright. Fun isn’t exactly the first word that comes to mind. It’s a word, but not the first one that comes to mind. 😂
Good news, I start a new job tomorrow. I’ll be working at a c-store in town. It’s within walking distance, come spring.
Unfortunately, I found out that a trip to the South Side of Cape Cod is in my future at the end of May.

Good evening fellow Gandy Dancers
Hi there Francine - Flo, how's it going Mel?
Oh Francine, I'd like a good size slice of Pumpkin pie, yes with whip cream too.

It's 49°F with 96% Humidity here in Central Calif.

The weather app called for a fair amount of rain but fortunately it hasn't materialized ! I spoke to soon
as a light rain has started so I'll check the leak pails, Damn ! I was hoping the whole thing would blow over.

I haven't even tried out my new space heater yet in my train area.

Oh yes I do have something of interest. My neighbor Matt has a 5 yr old son, Morgan, who spends a lot of time with his Grandfather Jerry, Matt's father as the two properties are adjoining.
When I was visiting Jerry the other day Morgan came over with a couple of toys he had built from a little construction set. One was a truck frame with four wheels and tires that Morgan showed us could be removed and replaced on the wheel and then snapped back in place. He also made a little motorcycle.
Then when Jerry mentioned I had trains did Morgan's eyes light up. He was surprisingly gentle with his creations to the extent I'm very sure he would really enjoy HO trains. I'll have Jerry bring him over one of these days !

So I'm trying to recall what I might be able to put for him to have a little train to operate.

Take care.

7845120.jpg

Good morning, Everybody!

LASM, sorry, no note.
I had written a longer post. I thought of my friend Terry, and I decided sometimes what I don't say is best.
Instead, I chose to play with my Polar Express train under the Christmas tree. "I'm the King of the North Pole"

All I will say about what I was thinking; I trust our Judges, regardless of which party appoints them.
I realize there are a few extreme judges. Seems to me the vast majority takes their responsibilities seriously and they do the right thing.
Thank God for the Constitution!

Tom- getting older is something, alright. Fun isn’t exactly the first word that comes to mind. It’s a word, but not the first one that comes to mind. 😂
Good news, I start a new job tomorrow. I’ll be working at a c-store in town. It’s within walking distance, come spring.
Unfortunately, I found out that a trip to the South Side of Cape Cod is in my future at the end of May.
Good luck in your new job.

Morning all,

Not a lot going on yet. Going to near Kansas City to visit mom. I know it will be hard as today would have been dad's 83rd birthday.
We're going to give her the presents for Christmas we would have done last Friday, but we were asked to wait by my sister who's local to wait as she would be out of town through this next Monday and wanted mom to have a visitor this week. It works as the roads are better and it's not anywhere near as cold as it was.

You guys behave...and Flo put their coffee on my tab. Thanks!!

Good morning all including recently naughty people,

+15F and we had some freezing rain last night, topped off with an inch of snow (east central Minnesota). roads not too bad, though. Looking forward to another long weekend, I started working on my cornerstone bar/hotel will do pics tomorrow...

Mike - congrats on the job, walking distance sure is a perk!

Patrick - thanks for the coffee

Christian - doesn't take you long to put in a layout!

Terry - hope it works out well in the end

Socks - usually

Shoes - Red Wing brand work boots, Danner second choice for steel toed. Usually in my life have worked around machinery so the steel toes pretty much required. Now days I am at a desk a lot wear the Red Wing ankle height. Dress shoes usually only worn on Sunday a pair will last 10 years or more.

later - Dave LASM

Congrats on the new job.

Is it a Baltus, QuikTrip or Weiler?

Cape Cod in May is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back