Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping to possibly go to the Mad City show in February.
Mike, Since I am having surgery no earlier then 1/10/2022 I will be there. Let me know we can have a real coffee together.

Anyone else thinking about being at the show in Madison, Wisconsin. Great easy off/on the Highways and easy access to I39/I90 and the I94 intersections within 5 miles from the Alliance Center where the show is held.

TomO

Good morning y'all.

Flo- Coffee please, and leave the pot. I'm up early today so I can get packed and knock out today's route. Then it's on the road to the house. Thankfully, this should be my last out of town trip for 2021. Travels may resume mid January, but that's not set in stone just yet.

Y'all have a blessed day. I'll check back in when I can.

Good morning Everybody!

I thought today was Monday... Monday, Friday what's the difference, I love them all. I work Everyday, I have not taken a day off since October 17th and that is how I like it!

Doctor isolated my infection yesterday and prescribed the proper antibiotic. After only 2 of these high dollar horse pills I already feel better!
God bless those medical people who worked so hard in college and afterwards. I quit college to make money. In my youth I worked hard making money and worked almost as hard at having fun! Lots of great memories though, would have more great memories, but I've forgotten lots of it. Too much fun I guess?
Have a great day Everybody!

Hello Happy and Unhappy RR modelers !
Today I added some cacti (made by Playmobil®) on my layout. I'm very pleased with the result so far.
I forgot to post the photo. Sorry...

120.jpg

Good morning all! Foggy and 46 heading for rainy and 65 today. Gotta work a long day today and then off tomorrow.

Had a busy evening yesterday after work. My youngest granddaughter had her first school band concert so we of course attended. Really happy she's into music and playing in the band. After that we went to her brother's first post-Covid basketball game. His team didn't play very well and they got beat pretty bad. He did score one 3-point shot and one 2-pointer, so it was good to see that anyway. Long day today and will be longer because I didn't get much sleep. We got home from those events later than my normal work night bed time.

Not much else going on. Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning. It's cloudy and 40.
The new company insisted we provide our banking info, so they could direct deposit our paychecks. Said deposit was supposed to happen this morning at midnight, so far, nothing...
In other news, the new car is working as expected. Things get kind of jittery on bumpy roads, but that is something I read about it before I got it.

Morning all,

Hit a record of 69° yesterday and will get near it today before a cold front comes through (70° for the high today). tomorrow mid-40's and by the middle of next week, back in the upper 60's. A very remote chance for wintery mix overnight, any snow limited to the northern tier of counties along the Nebraska border. Even then only on grassy surfaces as the ground temperature is too warm.

Hoping to get to some trains this weekend. Still trying to figure out what I want to do. Got to go help the SIL cut shelving for the new house. They are starting to move stuff. We're getting a "new" dishwasher once they get to the new house. They bought a new one when they moved to the rental house last year. So when they move we'll take that one as our 20+ year old one is leaking at the door seals. I put a narrow run of paper towels in the seam (new one each time) and it seems to stop the leak. Fortunately, unlike the commercials for dishwasher tablets, we only run it a couple times a week. I no longer run it while I'm not home. Seems like the simpler the appliance the longer it lasts.

Try to be back later.

Good Morning All. Mostly cloudy and 64°, expecting 80° later today, a repeat of yesterday's weather. Cold front after midnight and the high tomorrow will be 56°. Back into the 70's and 80's by Monday. Last night's sunset wasn't quite as spectacular as some of the previous ones.
IMG_0015.JPG

Yesterday's weekly grocery trek turned into a bummer when I was through the checkout line and discovered that I had failed to bring either the credit card, debit card or cash with me. Whooops! However, they sacked everything up and moved the cart back into the cooler while I spent an extra hour returning home and getting my wallet and went back to complete the transaction. I say my wallet, but I actually just carry the cards/cash along with my drivers license in my front pocket. A throw-back to when I was a kid in Brooklyn and watched pickpocketers at work on the subway platforms. Later in the trip, the visit to the post office was for a certified letter and not a package too big for the mailbox, wasn't a wasted visit as I had to purchase stamps anyway.

Santa arrived early yesterday while I was gone and left my new Canon Power Shot camera. I had to charge the battery before I could use it, kind of an inconvenience. A little different than the older model but works pretty much the same. However it did not come with a cable to connect it with the computer and the one from the old camera does not fit in either port? You are supposed to download pictures through your home wifi which I haven't had time to set up on the camera yet. Five pages in the instruction manual! In the meantime, I will just have to remove the SD memory card and plug it in to do the download. I may even have another cord somewhere that fits one of the two ports in the camera. Won't really matter once I get the wifi process set up.

Thanks for all of the wonderful responses regarding the newest member of the clan. In case that I didn't mention before, his name is Liam, shorter version of both of his grandfathers' name of William.
Thanks also for the many likes and comments for yesterday's simple post; Sherrel, Patrick, James, Christian, Guy, Rick, Gary, Joe, Tom ), Hughie, Curt, Louis, Jaz, Karl, George, OB Ken.

I'd like some sausage links with poached eggs this morning Francine. So Flo is running late you say - hot date last night huh?

Late trip to the train shed yesterday due to the unfortunate act of forgetfulness earlier in the day. I mainly cleaned up around the new project area and looked at how I want to proceed, The Walther's Magic Pan Bakery kit was a good start with the flour storage tanks and the pneumatic lines to transport flour. However it did not come with the final few feet of hoses that eventually attach to the outlets on the airslide covered hoppers. These I will fashion myself out of some correctly gauged wire and just lay on the nearby ground. I did glue back the errant part and some of the piping that either didn't have enough glue, or I didn't do all of the connecting points to begin with. At the time, I was in a hurry to get the layout built and parts of it operational, so I have unfinished projects like this one.
IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

I will also be fashioning some kind of return piping to go under the track from the piping on the other side.
The platform and concrete pad with retaining dikes was added by me to provide a place to unload corn oil. The oil storage tank is from Rix Products and the small pump house is from Pikestuff. The piping between the two came from Walther's.
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

The safety cage also came from Walther's but I haven't trimmed it to fit yet. I intend to add a pipe from the pump house to the unloading pit for the oil.
Here's a shot of the boxcars waiting for loads by the side of the bakery.
IMG_0010.JPG

The toothpick on the left is a temporary aid to assist me in spotting the cars correctly so the doors line up. I will replace it eventually with something else.
IMG_0012.JPG

Steve J - Congratulations to your daughter, and you and your wife for her fine upbringing.
Ken (D&J) - That front railing was knocked loose by the maintenance crew while repairing the hanger. Engine has not gone through post-repair inspection yet before returning to service.
I am still putting up some remaining fascia after nine years. Ironically everything that I built in the last six years is done.
Baby leaks - not my problem any more! ;)
Guy -
I'm still horsing around with a simple little DPM building. Due to that, this day will be the last set of progress photos on said building until it's finished; it's starting to get boring!
Boring hasn't stopped me from posting photos! Your trials and tribulations can help other newbies with their projects. At least that's how I look at it.
Joe - Good news about the test result.
Jesse - Nice haul.
Curt - Good luck with the diagnosis of the loco problem. Cleaning wheels usually works well for me.
Tom O - Waco is about 150 miles away, but in Texas, that's considered backyard. I don't think that Baylor had a chance to begin with.
Terry - I ended up liking direct deposit once they got it working right after the first pay period. Our company had an option if the employee was unbanked. A vendor that I dealt with switched with no option and lost 40% of their employees overnight, obviously to their detriment. Their corporate owners gave them no choice even when warned ahead of time what would happen. They never recovered and eventually shut down completely from loss of business (ours included) about six months later. Mexicans, whether legal or not do not use banks.

Everybody have a great Friday. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back