Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rush of evening and morning posts seem to have slowed somewhat. Geeze! I spend an hour just trying to catch up - sometimes more!
34F to start the day -- expecting 60F and sunny later on.

JOE - Beautiful photo this day of the Pennsy!

Had several communications with the EX from 35+ years back. Seems my son is back in the hospital with his bout of COVID, and apparently NOT doing very well. EX said that she would let me know if he is put on a ventilator! Neither he nor his wife have bothered to contact me - because I have been yelling at him and his wife to get the vax shots as well as my daughter who called me last night - crying and upset. I pray that he will survive, but there is nothing I can do, I tried.

Last edited:
Good morning all! Rainy and 40 and probably going to stay that way today. Not much going on here. My wife and I did a little bit of Christmas shopping yesterday, but otherwise didn't do a whole lot. Gave the dog a bath yesterday morning since she apparently rolled in something that smelled horrifically bad. One bath didn't get it, so she got another one last night. I can still smell whatever it was a little bit even today, but at least it's a little more bearable.

@santafewillie I think I could easily challenge you for the title of worst solderer.

Guess I'm going to go get my Covid booster and Flu shots today. Yippee!
Hope you all have a great day!
I can take the biscuit for worst gluer, I keep nail varnish remover near the super glue do not ask me why but I have a bad record with glue,and in our house the other half solders he had tried to show me,I melted an expensive piece,you should have seen the look on his face, I ruined a coach from a coach and horses meant as part of my Harry Potter, so they ended up with the home made caravan instead.He suggested I could glue it instead…..the mean bugger LOL

Attachments

• 231BFFB7-5BD0-4309-ACC3-973C24819FB9.jpeg
    231BFFB7-5BD0-4309-ACC3-973C24819FB9.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 206
Good Morning all!
17F and snowing here in Libby this morn. Have about 6in total and it is supposed to snow for the next couple of days.
Skipping breakfast this am.

Seems that everyone is busy busy busy with Christmas and family stuff - good job!

Got my laser thingies and ifn I get the HoneyDo list down a bit I will get ready to use them. Want another 100ft tape to make stuff easier so off to Ace I go a little later.

1218211005[1].jpg

Does both horizontal and vertical lines although for my current project only need the vertical one. Thing is pretty neat; has 2 On settings - one the laser is locked and will be whatever angle the thing happens to be sitting at, the other is floating and will be straight up and down up to a 3 degree tilt. Complains if over 3 degrees. Fun stuff!

Gawd - pictures do not lie. I guess that I need to put the keyboard in the dishwasher.

Hmmmm! Two posts in the same morning. One would think I'm waiting for the wife to get outta the shower.
Seems my son is back in the hospital with his bout of COVID, and apparently NOT doing very well. EX said that she would let me know if he is put on a ventilator! Neither he nor his wife have bothered to contact me - because I have been yelling at him and his wife to get the vax shots as well as my daughter who called me last night - crying and upset. I pray that he will survive, but there is nothing I can do, I tried.
Sherrel - Can't tell ya how sad I am to hear this about you're son. - My son is also not vaccinated, and right now, I'm thinking he has the 2nd most punchable face on the planet; right next to that kid we hired to be king. I've warned him until blue in the face, but, he thinks he's smarter than the ol'man.
Maybe I will punch him; he's living with us for awhile, and I should get my money's worth.

Just because Sherrel pulled me outta lurking, here's a photo of what I'm doing. Tichy chimneys that I've painted with various mixtures of burn't sienna and burn't umber:
Chimneys_12-18-2021.jpg

Those will take awhile to dry (oils), but I intend a wash in the greyish spectrum.

Again, have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back