Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

A bit of an update on our dear friend Jeffrey. His Sister Lael Alston, called and we had a nice talk about Jeffrey. From what she said, which came from her other sister who is closer to Jeffrey geographically, he suffered a Large Stroke on the Left side of his Brain which usually affects the persons ability to speak as is the case with Jeffrey as well as other abilities I would assume. He is alert though as she said when his folks were there his eyes followed them around the room which is a good sign.

But shortly thereafter if I understood her as my cell phone wasn't receiving very clearly he fell asleep again. That too is not a bad thing as when the brain is injured/damaged it tires out easily. I've been all through that many years back as that's what happened to me. The brain needs time to repair itself, hopefully he didn't suffer any complete loss of any of the various areas within the brain. Also in case your not aware, our brains renew themselves of dead brain cells ever three to four months.

So if your inclined to say a prayer/s for our fellow model railroader Jeffrey now is the time he can sure use them!

Think positive, it doesn't cost anymore! Ask for a miricle, you just never know??

David Smith
Ps: If you want to send a card here is the address of where he is at.

Jeffrey Wimberley
142 cableloop
Leesville, La.

Newport, welcome to the forums, thought it might be some comfort to you and a measure of the respect and regard that Jeff is held in on this forum, this very coffee shop was renamed in his honour some time ago. We have all been missing his posts and concerned for his welfare. We are all thinking of him at this time.

COFFEE_CREME1.png

Good Morning! Today is Mon 12/15/14.

Some rain with a high of 50. I'll be stopping by the club later today.
BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

A bit of an update on our dear friend Jeffrey. His Sister Lael Alston, called and we had a nice talk about Jeffrey. From what she said, which came from her other sister who is closer to Jeffrey geographically, he suffered a Large Stroke on the Left side of his Brain which usually affects the persons ability to speak as is the case with Jeffrey as well as other abilities I would assume. He is alert though as she said when his folks were there his eyes followed them around the room which is a good sign.
But shortly thereafter if I understood her as my cell phone wasn't receiving very clearly he fell asleep again. That too is not a bad thing as when the brain is injured/damaged it tires out easily. I've been all through that many years back as that's what happened to me. The brain needs time to repair itself, hopefully he didn't suffer any complete loss of any of the various areas within the brain. Also in case your not aware, our brains renew themselves of dead brain cells ever three to four months.
So if your inclined to say a prayer/s for our fellow model railroader Jeffrey now is the time he can sure use them!
Think positive, it doesn't cost anymore! Ask for a miricle, you just never know??

David Smith
Ps: If you want to send a card here is the address of where he is at.

Jeffrey Wimberley
142 cableloop
Leesville, La. 71446

So sad to hear this. I thought something like this might be going on with his lengthening absence. He will be in my thoughts until he returns to the forum.

Good morning. I just read the news about Jeffrey, and I'm totally stunned - he seemed to be doing so well in the rehab, and now this had to happen. I'll keep him in my prayers as well.

Karl - I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I get a chance to use that ballasting tool. With all the stuff that's currently going on, it's gonna be awhile before I can do anything on the layout.

This has been a crazy weekend. The modular club I'm in has a holiday display setup in a vacant storefront in a shopping mall. Excellent for exposure, but very demanding in terms of coverage. Since it is in a mall we have to follow the mall rules - open the display on time, have a minimum number of members present at all times, and vacate quickly at the end of each day. Consequently there's been this enormous pressure for each member to volunteer as many days as possible, so I committed to being there twice the number of days that I normally do. I'm only running my old [CSX] motive power and rolling stock to avoid putting excess wear on my regular B&O-era trains. Oh yeah I almost forgot, there's Christmas shopping to do as well...

Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Newport- I don't have to say a word. Everyone on all the forums that know Jeff hold him in high esteem. My prayers ,of course, are included.
The address David provided is Jeff's HOME address, not the facility he is at.
Flip

Good morning to all. Don't think I'll want another weekend like the last one. Way too much bowling. 9 games on Saturday and 9 on Sunday, after our normal league bowling on Friday night. The topper was having to plow a foot of snow when we got back in town. I think I will have to admit that I could be getting too old for this much activity in such a short period of time.

Sorry to hear about Jeffery. My grandfather has a very similar incident when he was living with us. He had a stroke and lost his right side and speech. He was 88 at the time. With some Physical therapy the was able to walk again and could use his right hand, but not nearly as good as before the stroke. One big problem was his speech. He got it back, but he could only speak his native Hungarian, not English. Believe me, my Hungarian was quite rusty. I was able to speak it years ago when I was a kid listening to my grandparents, but after not using the language for so long, I was a bit rusty. He was living with us at the time of the stroke and continued living with us after a stint in a care facility and lived to the age of 99. Lets hope Jeffery can make a recovery.

It was good to go through the posted pictures from the weekend on a full size screen instead of a smart phone. Great pictures !

Here's my 2 cents for today.

attachment.php

I don't know if you got my email this morning about passing away this morning at 5:am December 15, 2014. You can send cards, flowers to the address below

142 cableloop, Leesville, la 71446

Thank you everyone who knew Jeffrey please light a candle for a safe journey. little sister

Jeffrey past away this morning on December 15, 2014. please light a candle for Jeffrey so he can have a light for his safe journey. If you want to send card or flowers you can send it ti this address 142 cableloop, Leesville, la 71446

Thank you little sister

Good morning; 30° and sunny. Most of the week is supposed to be nice, with high temperatures in the fortys and low fiftys.

It's sad and distressing to learn of Jeffrey's death. May he rest in peace! His pain and suffering is over. We have all lost a friend here.

Busy week, although the gift shopping is complete, there is the preparation, and food shopping etc. Trying to get everything done, and keep the wife from stressing out is the challenge. We will have a house full this year, including our not quite two year old grand daughter. Wife wants to make this the best, most perfect Christmas ever.

Have a good week.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey past away this morning on December 15, 2014. please light a candle for Jeffrey so he can have a light for his safe journey. If you want to send card or flowers you can send it ti this address 142 cableloop, Leesville, la 71446

Thank you little sister

:( Not been here for very long, still....it feels like I've lost a lifelong friend...

Oh my gosh that's terrible! Jeffrey's good attitude and can do spirit was inspirational. The problems he seemed to overcome always put my own problems in perspective. Rest in peace Jeffrey.

Very sorry to hear the news of Jeffrey's passing. If I was to use one word to describe Jeffrey, it would be perseverance. He exemplified it in everything he did. He always plugged away to overcome whatever came his way and he seemed to have more than his share of difficulties. Now, he'll be busy fixing the locos and installing new decoders in them for the angels.

Back