Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Well that's a damned shame! I'll sure miss his posts. He was great at doing a lot with a little. Any time someone started the "this is a rich man's hobby" discussion I always pointed them to Jeffrey's work.

A round of Tabasco Lemonade for the house. RIP Jeffrey, the place won't be the same without you!! :(

This can't be real - Jeffrey was always so full of spirit. This place will never be the same without him! :(
May he rest in peace.

Truly sad to hear of Jeff's passing today. When I was a newbie, he always helped me out with all my questions.

I will miss his "rust buckets" He always did a great job with weathering those locomotives.

This is so sad. May he rest in peace.

From the man called "The Hoosier Poet"

He Is Not Dead

I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead. He is just away.
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,
He has wandered into an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
It needs must be, since he lingers there.
And you—oh you, who the wildest yearn
For an old-time step, and the glad return,
Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of There as the love of Here.
Think of him still as the same. I say,
He is not dead—he is just away.
~ James Whitcomb Riley

I am truly saddened by the loss of Jeff. I considered him a friend and he repeatedly helped me out when I first got back into the hobby. He was an inspiration on how he overcame his handicaps and put most of us to shame with his great modeling on next to nothing.

Jeff is with God now and no longer having to fight like he did all his life. God bless you Jeff. I will miss you. Rest in peace.

Good afternon all,
Yes, it was with great sadness I received a message from his sister Lael that Jeffrey passed away at 5:00 Am., today I believe if I understood her message correctly?

He certainly will be missed as he gave all of us a lot of inspiration and help. Poor guy sure endured a lot but was a fighter to the end.

As has been said above those we keep in our thoughts are never really gone, just away.

Rest in peace my friend!

Today is my 69th. birthday too, happy yet sad, we all need to carry on as he would have wanted us to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only drinking plain water but enough of what type?

l
He wants us to drink someting called vortexed water,

I guess only mountain spring water is ok for us. Here in Minnesota we have a lot of artesian wells, I wonder if this is good enough, or maybe just raw water out of Lake Superior.

I wonder if tap water has ever killed anyone?

Evening All,

Had slow cooked stew for supper. About the only thing I accomplished today was to plaster 2 small hills and do a load of towels. MOH is still not feeling very well with most likely a bad cold. I am thinking about going to see the Exodus movie, has anyone seen it yet?

David- Happy Birthday :)

Hope everybody has a good night.

Happy Birthday David!

Methinks it's time for Bill to move us into a new shop...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evenin'....

In several places I have seen candles lit for our friend Jeffrey, I wanted to do something similar but decided on something even more appropriate for him to light his passage to the Night World.

Lantern4Jeff2w_zpsb885dd7c.png

Walk in peace, friend...

Evening all. I too am saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Jeff. I am sitting here listening to some Celtic music,and thinking , it just doesn't seem possible. I too shall miss his postings. I wonder what will become of his railroad? Please count my thoughts and prayers for his family among all of yours. Farewell Jeff. Thanks for the memories. William.

I checked into what he was referring to as Vortexed water and it still a a ways beyond me other than the structure is something like ice on a lake starting to form yet separate from it's surrounds?!

In an article Dr. Mercola brings up the point of staying away from perfluorinated compounds like PFOA and to stay away from drinking from plastic bottles as mentioned under, Why I do not recommend drinking from plastic bottles in the article.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...gn=20141215Z1&et_cid=DM62434&et_rid=764280076

LASM: I would feel drinking from, Hard Rock Artesian wells would be a safe bet. If the water taste good and looks clear there shouldn't be a problem. I've been drinking the water from my hard rock well for the last 45 years as well as my folks which comes from snow melt running through the fishers in the underground granite rock and it seems to work for me.

Glad you found the info helpful.

Back