Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Finally finished the last of the bowling and am headed home. Great pictures as usual. Can't wait to see them on a full size screen.

Guess I'll be plowing snow when I get home. My grandson is house/dog sitting and he said we got about 8 inches of snow.

Some place that, the Ophir Loop....

IMG_20141214_130632_zpsofocmrjy.jpg

http://www.ghostdepot.com/rg/mainline/san%20juan%20branch/ophir%20loop.htm

The High Timber [original] trestle is part of the Ophir Loop on the San Juan Main line, the other trestles were along the Animas River Gorge.

I also really enjoyed seeing the actual construction used for the fire barrel supports.
Thanks to Jan Swede for his great photography in both shots as well as the others!

Love those Baldwin Sharks - they were gone by 1964 - first photo is of the RF16s, 1600 hp freights; second the Passenger Sharks (class BP20), passing under the Bordentown Ave overpass in South Amboy, NJ; Note: the Passenger Sharks have been repainted in the freight scheme, but are still pulling passengers. There were also a pair of ALCO PA1s also re-assigned and repainted for freight, that continued in passenger service most of the time. The 7701 was the only PRR passenger diesel to come equipped with a oscillating light, (EMD E8, class EP22); #5816, was a Baldwin BP60, Centipede, before being demoted and reconfigured for helper service; The other two EMD cabs are in Chicago. Nice posting, Milw rd 113. Wow, it's almost Monday where you are.

Joe

I don't know if any of you know who Jeffrey wimberly or dr frankendeszel is or has noticed that Jeff has not been on forum for a length of time. Jeff has been in the hospital sense November due to surgery. But after surgery he had a stroke in a very bad way. If anyone who knows of him you can contact by email fallowdeerhaven@gmail.com for information thanks

This is nice

Hi Newport,
Welcome to the forums here, glad you also found the Coffee Shop. You'll find this to be a very friendly place with lots of knowledgeable individuals, maybe even yourself, and we freely share info so enjoy.

Think it's gonna be a lazy day today....with my nose deep down in my Milwaukee Road books....and also try to come up with a name for my company, no easy, but.....still a lot of fun!

OphirLoopColo.jpg

RGShightrestleaboveOphirColo.jpg

FlorenceCrippleCreekRR.jpg

BroadmoorfromPoin.jpg

trestlebyEightmileCreek.jpg

RioGrandeSouthernontrestlenearFrank.jpg

Have a nice day everyone!

The High Timber Trestle [original] is part of the actual Ophir Loop on the San Juan Main line, the other trestles were along hill sides or the Animas River Gorge. This whole line was all Narrow Gauge.

I also really enjoyed seeing the fairly close shot of the actual construction used for the fire barrel supports on the trestle .
Thanks to Jan Swede for his great photography in both these shots as well as the others!

Hello Trussrod I am contacting people my brother has been in contact and have chatted with about trains or anything but more then likely trains. you properly might know him by dr frankendezesil or Jeffrey wimberly

Hello Trussrod I am contacting people my brother has been in contact and have chatted with about trains or anything but more then likely trains. you properly might know him by dr frankendezesil or Jeffrey wimberly
We haven't heard from him in quite a while.

newport- I've had the pleasure of Jeff's friendship for years. Been praying for him like so many others. Read what's going on in the other forum. Wish the news was better but I've seen this kind of problem keep going south. Out of the dr,s hands.
Flip

Yea he has been in the hospital sense November due to surgery. But after that around thanksgiving he had a stroke, so if anyone wants to send a card they can send it to 142 cableloop Leesville la 71446

Good afternoon everyone, Hii Flo & Francine, gosh is getting cold outside. This morning it was 36* and I had to go out and get a leaky faucet stopped from dripping quite badly and that kind of gave me a chill even though I just put a cap on where the hose was. It took three tries to find a good cap that wasn't already cracked. Any, Flo & Francine you have the place nice and warm which is great.

Like I said above it was 36* this morning at 7:30 so I guess it warmed up a bit but lets see what Wunderground Weather says: Mostly Cloudy 51.8 °F - Feels Like 51.8 °F, Winds out of te NW at 3.2 mph. The Humidity is 65%. The high is supposed to be 52 °F and the low tonight should be 36 °F.

= = = =
On the RR scene: I had to fire the assistant track gang foreman and a couple of the Stewbum workers as I found a portion of one the turnouts they put in was out of gauge which caused some of my cars and even a Climax Loco to derail. I couldn't have that and had to bet Bull in with his crew to fix it. You'd think I could find better help amongst the little folk, it's a shame.

Then there's the lousy repair guy how thought he had the main drive gear box on the Climax drive truck wired together correctly only to find out it's done incorrectly.

Anyway that's about it for now.

Love those Baldwin Sharks - they were gone by 1964 - first photo is of the RF16s, 1600 hp freights; second the Passenger Sharks (class BP20), passing under the Bordentown Ave overpass in South Amboy, NJ; Note: the Passenger Sharks have been repainted in the freight scheme, but are still pulling passengers. There were also a pair of ALCO PA1s also re-assigned and repainted for freight, that continued in passenger service most of the time. The 7701 was the only PRR passenger diesel to come equipped with a oscillating light, (EMD E8, class EP22); #5816, was a Baldwin BP60, Centipede, before being demoted and reconfigured for helper service; The other two EMD cabs are in Chicago. Nice posting, Milw rd 113. Wow, it's almost Monday where you are.

Joe

.....and you had to remind me of that, that it's almost Monday? ;):D
Cheers for the info on the diesels!

I don't know if any of you know who Jeffrey wimberly or dr frankendeszel is or has noticed that Jeff has not been on forum for a length of time. Jeff has been in the hospital sense November due to surgery. But after surgery he had a stroke in a very bad way. If anyone who knows of him you can contact by email fallowdeerhaven@gmail.com for information thanks

Sorry to hear that mate.... :(
He's in my thoughts....

Say Newport, I'm also a long time friend of your brother, we used to send email directly back and forth as well as on here. I'm very glad to hear from you as others on here are as well. I've been through a fair amount with my parents and most recently caring for my long time Insulin Dependent Diabetic & Large Stroke victum Mom for over about 6 yrs.

I'm very sorry to hear about Jeffrey, as I feared something like this might happen, not that I wanted too of course. I'd be glad to talk with you more on Jeffrey's situation as I can possibly help shed some positive light on his situation?

Don't hesitate to contact me at my: foothillstation@sti.net address if you care too.

Thanks for getting on the forum and letting us all know a bit about your Brother.

Evening All,

Just back from supper with my parents. Had a plumber at the house for six hours today unclogging the kitchen drain pipe to the main drain. He found some tree root issues that were corrected also. MOH is coughing up a storm so she is probably coming down with something.

That is really bad news about Jeff and it is a darn shame. I continue to say prayers for him.

Excellent pictures today. I hope everyone has a good night.

Finally got home and got about 10 inches of snow plowed out of the driveway. Time for suppe r and a rest. Way too much activity this weekend for an old fart like me.

Hiya Gang!

Stiff & sore tonight, sanding drywall a lot of the day. The new motion sensor spotlights we had put up the other week went brain dead, so we had to replace it. Because of my bum shoulder acting up, I was able to start the job, and SWMBO finished.. She was tickled that when we restored the circuit that the new fixture worked properly, I was relieved there were no sparks!:rolleyes:

Sad to hear of Jeffery's plight. I will keep him in our prayers. Having survived and recovered from a stroke myself, I know attitude and mental state have an enormous amount to do with the outcome. With a little help (prayers) from his friends, that stubborn Indian will make it!

Ken, try the ballast spreader yet??

Back