Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

GCBQ, yip....always liked the earlier paint scheme better than Loewys(?) later one....

Hope that everyone's doing well...have a nice day!

IMG_20141126_094828_zpsfp22ceyb.jpg

Good morning, America, how are ya? It's 25° now and it's supposed to snow an inch or so this afternoon but be around 50 on Saturday. If things workout (and it looks like they will, hope, hope) we will leave for Arizona Saturday afternoon. We brought my wife's dad home from the hospital Monday, so he's at home. While waiting for him to be released, my wife got a phone call that her uncle had died. His services will be Saturday so we'll be staying until then instead of leaving on Friday morning as we had planned. Hope nothing else comes up!

Here's wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Morning everyone. 28 degrees with about 6 inches of snow. Geeze, winter hasn't even started yet.

Garry, great picture. Love the Northern Pacific power. Well done.

Here's my 2 cents. Have to get a few more trees in, and a farm in the open area in the left of the picture.

attachment.php

Good morning folks.

I woke up to a few inches of snow and it's still coming down. If it goes long enough, we'll be cleaning snow the day after Thanksgiving from the car lot. That's okay, I don't know how busy we'll be that day anyway. Thank God I have my new tires. So far they are excellent in the snow.

I ran a longer train the other day on the layout. There are a few problem areas that are starting to show up. Of course, when I finished laying the track I was concerned about those areas in the first place. I guess I have some fine tuning to do!

Have a good day everyone.

Morning All,

Sitting here trying to work up the motivation to finish cleaning the house. We have day 2 in progress of the never ending rain. Some places around this area by 10 PM yesterday had already received 7.5 inches. It has rained all night and continues as I speak. I think about 1 PM today it is supposed to finally stop and start cooling down slightly. I think the high tomorrow is supposed to be 60.

Other than taking Mom out for her birthday nothing else is planned.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Good Morning. Temperature is 39° and falling, with 20mph winds from the Northeast. It's currently pouring rain, although that's supposed to change over to Sleet then Snow sometime during the day.

Garry: Great picture of the NP trains passing each other. You really do nice work. I rode the "Capitol Limited" eastward from Pittsburgh to Washington back around 1968. I had a Slumbercoach single room. The early morning view of Harpers Ferry from the dome was really impressive. Even though I primarily model the PRR, I just had to have this train.
Bob: Condolences to your wife over the loss of her Uncle. Also good to hear your FIL is home from the hospital. Good luck and have a safe trip.
Karl: Hope the PT continues to work. Curious what your Neurologist will tell you.

The annual Greenberg Edison NJ train show is this coming weekend. This is always the biggest Edison show, the one where the most HO vendors show up. (It;s predominately a Hi-rail show, because Hi-rail is big here). We will probably go Saturday afternoon, assuming the wife is up to it.

Got to get moving, still a few items on the to do list to clear this afternoon.

Joe

Well its morning. Temp. staying about 57f may get to 60. At least the rain has stopped. Nearly 5 inches monday evening and all day tuesday. I expect there will be reports of more sinkholes and flooding.
Wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
Be careful on the roads. Leave early, drive slow, get there with no hits ,no dents, no tickets.

Prayers for all,
Flip

Afternoon all,

Well I think we are ready for tomorrow other than cooking of course which is not my responsibility.

Montanan- Great modeling and scene.

Corey- I am right with you. I really dislike track problems.

Garry- Another great scene.

Bob- Your family has my condolences.

Karl- I hope the Doc's figure out what is going on so you can get better. That is a nice looking brass loco.

Joe- Isn't it a good feeling when our equipment runs well?

MR113-Great photos.

Sherrie- I hope everything went well with the Doc.

I probably will not be back on until after the holiday so I want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Good afternoon everyone, Hello Flo & Francine, Glad to see you have such a great selection of stuff on the menu today, Francine, that Hot Beef Stew sure sounds good to me and maybe a slice of the Dutch Apple Pie afterwards and Coffee too of course. Thanks. Oh say, are you ladies going to be here tomorrow, Thanksgiving? You are, and your going to have Turkey Stuffing and the works! Wow, that's fantastic, you sure know how to treat us model railroaders! I was wondering what I was going to do?

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
have an enjoyable and safe one!

It's a very nice Sunny day out and the air temp is just slightly on the cool side but nothing like many of you. Lets see what WW says; For my area it's 68.5 °F - Feels Like 68.5 °F, that was about 20 minutes ago now it says 70.3 °F -feels like 77°F,
Winds are out of the SSW at 2.2/ 3.7 from the West and Humidity is 35%. The high today should be about 69 °F/ again that was a bit ago as it now 70.3 °F with a low of 45 °F.

Always a pleasure gentlemen!
Only up for a wee bit, catch some daylight, before going back to sleep...

0Coast%20Limited%20and%20Alaskan%20Ltd_zpsfetvyktj.jpg

Say Milwaukee: That is an interesting shot.

Evening All,
I know it has been a couple of days since posting. We have been busy doing deep cleaning in preparation for having 10 people over for Thanksgiving dinner. Tomorrow we just have some basic cleaning to do and it will be done. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner for my Mom's 79th birthday.

The only MRR progress I have made was putting Heike (sp) static grass on my coal mountain. It is the kind that does not need an applicator, you stretch it and lay it down on existing ground cover and sticks without glue.

Oh yeah, lets not forget my computer has crapped out constantly freezing and loosing internet connection. I have a little used tablet so I am in the learning curve with Windows 8 and the tablet itself.

Hope everybody has a good night.

Say Curt: Enjoy your Mom and Dad while you have them with you, all too soon time goes by. I sure miss my folks.

It's interesting to hear what you say about the, 'Heike (sp) static grass', when I get farther along I'll have to look into that.

Hi Gang!
Had my 1st therapy session tonight, lots of stretching & stuff, followed by little electrodes attached to my shoulder that buzzed & vibrated and felt pretty good. However I feel like a car that the mechanics are arguing over. My Gp says its and "impingement", my Orthopedist thinks is somebigword syndrome (something he hasn't seen in 20 years) and the therapist thinks its "frozen shoulder". I go to the neurologist on 12/11 for yet another diagnosis. til then,therapy twice a week. All I know is the PT guy made my shoulder move better for a little while. So early on, he has become the favorite in this race.

Say Karl: I purchased a fairly inexpensive unit form a Dr. Wen Ho that uses stick on patches, a positive & negative to deliver adjustable stimulation between the elcetrodes and it works quite well and just uses two AA batteries!

Yes Garry, the WM weathered their steam engines

CMBLND1210WM.jpg

I'll bet they also used one heck of a large AIR BRUSH, T@@! LoL

Santa though, better have deep pockets !

$_57.JPG

but but, I've been a gooood boy this year!!:rolleyes:

At least your honest, I'll have to say that. I was going to say, 'You a good boy'? LoL

Allright, whose been hiding Jeffrey???:confused:

Yes, that is a very good question. From talking with him in the past he mentioned that he also has a sister and BL not too far from his area and of course his Dad and step Mom but I don't know his dad's first name or his sisters' married name. In doing a web search for his last name I did see several attorneys listed and wondering if any of them might be related?

Good evening.

We're very busy getting ready for out of town guests coming for "Bird Day" .

Regarding Jeff ... It was posted in the Diner of MR forum he is still in the rehab hospital where has neither a room phone or internet access.

NPMeet.jpg

Say Garry: Thanks for posting what you found out about Jeffrey, lets hope he is doing well!

I really like this shot of your layout, very interesting!

GCBQ, yip....always liked the earlier paint scheme better than Loewys(?) later one....

Hope that everyone's doing well...have a nice day!

IMG_20141126_094828_zpsfp22ceyb.jpg

Say Milwaukee: The earlier paint scheme does look very interesting, but the current one look fairly nice too.

Good morning. It's snowing where I am, and 35.

That's getting quite cold alright and the snow adds too it!

Good morning, America, how are ya? It's 25° now and it's supposed to snow an inch or so this afternoon but be around 50 on Saturday. If things workout (and it looks like they will, hope, hope) we will leave for Arizona Saturday afternoon. We brought my wife's dad home from the hospital Monday, so he's at home. While waiting for him to be released, my wife got a phone call that her uncle had died. His services will be Saturday so we'll be staying until then instead of leaving on Friday morning as we had planned. Hope nothing else comes up!

Here's wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Say Bob: That's even getting colder Yet!

Morning everyone. 28 degrees with about 6 inches of snow. Geeze, winter hasn't even started yet.

Say Chet: That's really getting down there too temp wise but I know from past posts that's considerably warmer, if you can refer to it as such, than it has been for you!

Garry, great picture. Love the Northern Pacific power. Well done.

Here's my 2 cents. Have to get a few more trees in, and a farm in the open area in the left of the picture.

attachment.php

That's a great shot too, I really need to get to work on my layout, and will shortly after posting.

Good morning folks.

I woke up to a few inches of snow and it's still coming down. If it goes long enough, we'll be cleaning snow the day after Thanksgiving from the car lot. That's okay, I don't know how busy we'll be that day anyway. Thank God I have my new tires. So far they are excellent in the snow.

I ran a longer train the other day on the layout. There are a few problem areas that are starting to show up. Of course, when I finished laying the track I was concerned about those areas in the first place. I guess I have some fine tuning to do!

Have a good day everyone.

Hey Corey: Glad the new tires are working out good for you. What brand and kind did you get?

Morning All,

We have day 2 in progress of the never ending rain. Some places around this area by 10 PM yesterday had already received 7.5 inches. It has rained all night and continues as I speak. I think about 1 PM today it is supposed to finally stop and start cooling down slightly. I think the high tomorrow is supposed to be 60.

Other than taking Mom out for her birthday nothing else is planned.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Say Curt: That's a considerable amount of rain alright and creates a lot of run off.
I hope your Mom has a very enjoyable Birthday.

Good Morning. Temperature is 39° and falling, with 20mph winds from the Northeast. It's currently pouring rain, although that's supposed to change over to Sleet then Snow sometime during the day.

The annual Greenberg Edison NJ train show is this coming weekend. This is always the biggest Edison show, the one where the most HO vendors show up. (It;s predominately a Hi-rail show, because Hi-rail is big here). We will probably go Saturday afternoon, assuming the wife is up to it.

Got to get moving, still a few items on the to do list to clear this afternoon.
Joe

Say Joe, Hope the Greenberg show is good.

Well its morning. Temp. staying about 57f may get to 60. At least the rain has stopped. Nearly 5 inches monday evening and all day tuesday. I expect there will be reports of more sinkholes and flooding.
Wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
Be careful on the roads. Leave early, drive slow, get there with no hits ,no dents, no tickets.

Prayers for all,
Flip

Say Phil: That a lot of rain you have been getting too. Thanks for the well wishes for Turkey Day, hope all goes well for you too.

As for me I thought I might be having a lady friend stop by and to show off my culinary talents so I picked up two Micro-waveable Turkey dinners with a chicken pot pie as extra if needed. LAMO !

I sincerely hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening gang! Cloudy, wet and cold in central MD, the wannabe 'blizzard' is on its way out. I did half a day's work by tele-commuting.

Hey Karl, do you suppose Santa Claus will be getting that Challenger from your buddy Howard before he puts it under your tree?:p Hope the docs figure out how to fix your shoulder; but it seems like you are still getting quite a bit stuff done in spite of that problem.

Jeff must be going stir-crazy being in a place without internet service. I thought that was pretty much standard everywhere nowadays? Or am I spoiled because I live along the I-95 corridor?

David - looks like your double-post gremlins are back in your 'puter!

Garry and Monty - I'm hoping that sometime in the next year or two, I'll be able to start posting the kind of layout pictures that you guys do.

Speaking of which...I spent the other half of my would-be work day in the trainroom. As I've mentioned before, my current task is to assemble and install a Walthers roundhouse in my engine terminal. But I needed to finish ballasting the turntable tracks before I can put it on. That project has wound up taking a helluvalot longer than I anticipated, because my ballast material is also being used as ground cover between the various tracks. Making those areas smooth [to the point where 1:87 vehicles could drive on them] is a major challenge, because I have to gently apply the alcohol one drop at a time to avoid making splash craters, then go over the same area with the Elmers solution. That's a lotta drops! I just finished the last spot ~6pm, now I just need to wait for the Elmers to dry. I'd like to get this roundhouse project finished before Sunday. That marks the beginning of the Christmas Rush from now thru early January, a period when I generally have very little time of 'my own.'

Have a great Thanksgiving, all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Say Ken Thanks for letting me know that this darn site double posted again and that was a long post. I can't for the life of me figure out what in the world goes on when I post? Quite often, when I click on the post button, and I only click once, an error message comes up like in the case of the prior post and tells me I need to wait 30 seconds LoL between posts and try again, when that was the first attempt to post what I had written!
It's absolutely ridiculous! So it said to wait an additional 15 seconds and try again. OK, si I waited about 25 seconds and clicked on the post button and WaLa a double post which you alerted me to!!

That message has to be coming from the server! > Lets see if it happens here? <
It's taken me about 15 minutes to compose.

Say Ken Thanks for letting me know that this darn site double posted again and that was a long post. I can't for the life of me figure out what in the world goes on when I post? Quite often, when I click on the post button, and I only click once, an error message comes up like in the case of the prior post and tells me I need to wait 30 seconds LoL between posts and try again, when that was the first attempt to post what I had written!
It's absolutely ridiculous! So it said to wait an additional 15 seconds and try again. OK, so I waited about 25 seconds and clicked on the post button and WaLa a double post which you alerted me to!!

That message has to be coming from the server! > Lets see if it happens here? <
It's taken me about 15 minutes to compose.

PILGRI321.png

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Thu 11/27/14.

Chance of snow with a high of 33. It's Thanksgiving Day!

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Happy Thanksgiving. It's snowing and 30 where I am. We have what looks like a foot of the stuff, though it's hard to tel from the 35mph wind blowing it around.

Hi Gang!
Had my 1st therapy session tonight, lots of stretching & stuff, followed by little electrodes attached to my shoulder that buzzed & vibrated and felt pretty good. However I feel like a car that the mechanics are arguing over. My Gp says its and "impingement", my Orthopedist thinks is somebigword syndrome (something he hasn't seen in 20 years) and the therapist thinks its "frozen shoulder". I go to the neurologist on 12/11 for yet another diagnosis. til then,therapy twice a week. All I know is the PT guy made my shoulder move better for a little while. So early on, he has become the favorite in this race.

Yes Garry, the WM weathered their steam engines

CMBLND1210WM.jpg

Santa though, better have deep pockets !

$_57.JPG

but but, I've been a gooood boy this year!!:rolleyes:

Allright, whose been hiding Jeffrey???:confused:
Man i love that loco!!!! Who made it & how much

Happy turkey day everyone!!

Cold with 2 inches of snow on the ground. Streets are clear. Going to the inlaws/outlaws for dinner today. Other than that, nothing but relaxing today.

Man i love that loco!!!! Who made it & how much

Its made by Daiyoung, this one sold on fleabay for $650.00. I'm going to check with my local connection Howard Zane, and see what he has. Speaking of fleabay, how many times do you see this??

$_57.JPG

I dont know if I would purchase anything from somebody who couldn't even take a properly staged photo.:rolleyes: Some expert!;)

Good day all from ye olde London towne. Its been a long time since I said anything. Usually I'm just sat quietly in the corner sipping my coffee. A chilly 10c (that's about 50f) cloudy and blah here today. At least it stopped raining. I was beginning to develop gills.

I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I still enjoy Bill's daily good mornings and miss the big guy and his diesel monsters. Lets all hope Jeffrey is back soon in the land of the connected.

That's about it. Back to lurking quietly.

Back