Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

2013-04-06 16.44.45.jpg

I love my Impala! 14 years young and just turned 85k on the clock! Plenty of room & comfort for a car load of fellow modelers to get to run sessions! I'd only trade it for a new one, but I'm not through with it yet!:rolleyes:

2015 Impala LS...

This is the bottom of the line Impala. At least, it has no touch screen. :rolleyes:

Vehicle Details
VIN: 1G11*************
MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $26,910.00
INSTALLED OPTIONS TOTAL $0.00
Silver Topaz Metallic $0.00
Jet Black/Dark Titanium, Premium Cloth Seat Trim $0.00
Destination Freight Charge $825.00
TOTAL MSRP $27,735.00
PRICE* $27,735*

LS
Exterior: Front Back Side Interior: Front Side
LS
Some selected configurations, options, accessories, and/or colors may not be shown.
Impala 1LS Standard Equipment
EXTERIOR
Door handles, body-color
Glass, acoustic, laminated front-side and windshield
Headlamps, halogen
Mirrors, outside power-adjustable body-color, manual-folding with Black mirror caps
Tire, compact spare, T125/70R17
Tires, P235/50R18 all-season, blackwall
Wheel, compact spare, 17" (43.2 cm) steel
Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) steel with fascia-spoke wheel covers
Wipers, front intermittent
INTERIOR
Audio system feature, 4.2" diagonal color infotainment display
Audio system feature, 6-speaker system 100-watt
Audio system feature, USB port, 1, located in center console
Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player and auxiliary input jack (STD)
Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
SiriusXM Satellite Radio is standard on nearly all 2015 GM models. Enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus you can listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio everywhere on your computer, smartphone or tablet. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM Satellite Radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue listening after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.)
Steering wheel controls, mounted audio and cruise controls
Air conditioning with humidity sensor
Armrest, rear center
Assist handles, driver, front passenger and rear outboard
Brake, park, electronic push button powered located on instrument panel left of steering wheel
Console, floor with storage compartment, without cover
Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
Defogger, rear-window
Driver Information Center, color display includes trip/fuel information, vehicle information and vehicle messages
Floor mats, carpeted front
Floor mats, carpeted rear
Head restraints, 2-way adjustable (up/down), front
Head restraints, rear, 2-way adjustable
Headlamp control, automatic on and off
Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature and fuel gauge with color Driver Information Center
Lighting, interior with theater dimming, delayed entry/exit, glovebox and trunk
Map pockets, driver and front passenger seatbacks
Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
Noise cancellation system
Power outlet, auxiliary, 12-volt located forward of console, below the HVAC controls
Power outlets, 2, auxiliary, 12-volt located on front of console and inside console
Remote Keyless Entry includes panic alarm button
Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power
Seat adjuster, driver power lumbar
Seat adjuster, front passenger, 4-way manual
Seat trim, premium cloth
Seat, rear 60/40 split-folding
Seats, front bucket (STD)
Steering column, manual tilt and telescopic
Theft-deterrent system
Trunk release, power located inside on instrument panel left of steering wheel
Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
Window, power with driver Express-Up and Down
Windows, power with Express-Down on all
MECHANICAL
Axle, 3.23 final drive ratio
Battery, 95AH, maintenance free with rundown protection, heavy-duty 900 cold-cranking amps
Brake lining, high-performance, noise and dust performance with FNC rotors
Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
Chassis equipment, front strut assembly
Engine, ECOTEC 2.5L DOHC 4-cylinder DI with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) and intake Variable Valve Lift (iVVL) and NEW auto stop/start (196 hp [146.2 kW] @ 6300 rpm, 186 lb-ft of torque [251.1 N-m] @ 4400 rpm) (STD)
Exhaust, single-outlet stainless-steel with hidden, turned-down tip
Front wheel drive
Steering, power, variable assist, electric
Suspension, rear 4-link
Transmission, 6-speed automatic (STD)
SAFETY
Air bags, 10 total, frontal and knee for driver and front passenger, side-impact seat-mounted and roof rail for front and rear outboard seating positions includes Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
Door and window locks, rear child security, power
LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren) for child safety seats
OnStar Basic plan for 5 years including RemoteLink Key Fob Services, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics and Dealer Maintenance Notification (Access is available for 5 years from the date of vehicle delivery, and is transferable. Does not include emergency services. To cancel RemoteLink Key Fob Services or if your vehicle is sold, contact an OnStar Advisor. See www.onstar.com/mobile for full details.)
OnStar Directions and Connections plan for 6 months including Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation (Visit www.onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services may vary by model and conditions.)
OnStar with 4G LTE provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds (Visit www.onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services and connectivity may vary by model and conditions. 4G LTE service available in select markets. 4G LTE performance based on industry averages and vehicle systems design. Some services require data plan.)
Safety belt pretensioners, driver and front passenger
Safety belts, 3-point, all positions
Tire Pressure Monitor
Tool kit, road emergency
Brake Assist, panic
Brake control, cornering
StabiliTrak, stability control system
Traction control
WARRANTY
Basic:
3 Years/36,000 Miles
Corrosion:
3 Years/36,000 Miles
Rust-Through
6 Years/100,000 Miles
Drivetrain:
5 Years/100,000 Miles
Maintenance:
2 Years/24,000 Miles
Roadside Assistance:
5 Years/100,000 Miles

There is no option of not getting "features I don't want". It's more of a "take it or leave it" deal.

Cool 2015 Impala LS...
This is the bottom of the line Impala. At least, it has no touch screen.

<snip>

There is no option of not getting "features I don't want". It's more of a "take it or leave it" deal.

Bill
Its funny,, Grand Dad remembered when lighting was optional,, my Dad remembered when a heater was an option, I can recall new cars when heat was standard and A/C was an option, now rear window defoggers and heated mirrors are pretty much standard, along with Bluetooth on the stereo, and soon Navigation will be standard. Why? Because soon every new car & light truck with have Government mandated back up cameras onboard. The same screen for the camera will be your nav touch screen when your are driving forward.

Is it too much? Does it make cars cost more? :mad: Yes to both. Then why? Because we cannot allow natural selection to proceed, we must protect the idiots from themselves.:rolleyes: I'll get off my soap box now, before Bob knocks me off of it.

Did forty wheelchair push-ups today. Got a good workout. My father brought me my mail, two bottles of Tabasco pepper sauce, one bottle of Tabasco Chipotle sauce and a full pepper shaker.

Terry- Speak for yourself. I was O.K. till 77 . lol

Milwaukee 113- That was a '58 Chev. Sold many parts for them. RW508ccr,rear wheel bearing.

Worked at daughter's house 9 AM-6PM. Tomorrow will be a repeat. To say I am sore and feeling stiff is a understatement. Going to bed early tonight. At least we get a extra hour sleep tonight with the time change. Talk to you tomorrow.

Karl- Small world. Same problem but year was 78. But then met Deb. Now 33 1/2 years together. Good times and bad. Health and sickness. Wouldn't change it.['cept for better health].

Phil

Miss state got by Arkansas 17-10. Arkansas very nearly had a TD pass in the final seconds of the fourth quarter but Miss State picked it off with an interception.that ended the game.

Karl ... Your Impala looks great.

Impala? ... I had one long ago. It was a 1962 convertible. .... My model railroad fiend here has a new one. Actually his wife does. It is imopressive.

Happy Model Railroading, everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIPTON_DEPOT.png

Good Morning! Today is Sun 11/2/14.

Partly cloudy with a high of 48. I saw a great concert by Boz Scaggs at Hoosier Park in Anderson IN last night. :cool:

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

What the heck is all that noise?? Sounds like morse code. Oh its just folks teeth chattering from the cold.
Good morning all. It's 42 here in mid Fla. Might get to low 60's late p.m.
Thanks for the coffee Mr.T . Sure do 'preciate you gettin here early.
Wish y'all a pleasent day. Healing prayers for all of us.
Phil

Damn it you guys up north need to shut that door up there its 48*
Down here in fla , i had to break out my old army jacket Brrrrrr

Good morning. It's clear and 36. Freeze warning for tonight. The first freeze of the season, and I'm sure the first of many freezes.

I seem to be cursed as far as new BLI steam, specifically getting a good operating GS4. Most of you remember I have an MTH "junker" sitting here, and I got a "deal" on this BLI engine from my LHS at their going out of business sale. I had sworn off BLI steam after several of them suffered major electrical/electronic and mechanical failures. Seems like I should have stuck to my guns on the boycott.
The light board failed minutes after placing it in service, so no headlight, only the Mars light worked. It also suffered from the "BLI Lurch". That is from some models' faulty programming of the BEMF feature, causing it to run smoothly for nearly an entire driver revolution, then pause, then run smoothly again. I called BLI, and got a replacement light board and decoder under warranty, and installed the decoder. It ran smoothly with it, so I then installed the light board. That is no job for the timid, involving disassembling the engine and soldering in all the stuff, then reassembling. I placed it on the track, and off it went, and life was good. I placed a few freight cars behind it for something to pull. After about 15 minutes, I noticed the engine was slowing down periodically, then speeding back up. As I brought it to a stop, I got that dreaded high-pitched squeal of a short, and smoke erupted from the tender (where the decoder is located).
Crap.
Sure enough, the new, improved, decoder is toast. It must have been something I did in the boiler, either solder joint shorted or a wire tangled in something. Nope. Nothing. Well, I still have the original decoder, I'll put that back in, and see what happens.
I installed the old decoder, and away it went again. Must have been a defective decoder... I ran it for about 15 minutes light, then placed some boxcars behind it again. About 10 minutes later, I noticed it was slowing down periodically again. I immediately stopped the engine, and removed it from the track. If I had to guess, I'd say I had a dud motor, that overheats and shorts under load, taking the decoder out when it does. I'll be calling BLI tomorrow, and see it they want to send me a motor to try, or if they want to give me an RA to send it back to them for repair.

Good morning. Central MD weather is mostly cloudy, 40*F with a whole lotta wind - sustained speeds of 22mph with gusts up to 45-50mph, yuck! Had been hoping I could stay indoors all day, 'cept my daughter is supposed to be a guide at her school's Open House from 11-4 and she doesn't have her license yet... so she needs Dads Taxi Service! Hope I can find the old ski jacket, I'm sure gonna need it! On a positive note, no more lawn mowing for the next 4 months.

I've got my 91% and Q-Tips, I'll be heading out to the trainroom as soon as I drop off my daughter so I can begin scrubbing the Elmers off the rails.

Jan, that's an awesome pic of the RSD with a "signature" horizontal-ribbed caboose, really captures the essence of the Milwaukee Rd!

It kinda reminds me of this one that I shot of an S4 with an I-5 caboose during my "past life" as a model railroader:

9103_S4_800x600_a.jpg

Stay warm y'all!

Damn terry dcc just seems to have more
Issues then DC, must be more sensitive , but hey look at the bright
Side you have a .....perfect j coming in the mail
Sometime this year ( eyeroll) ;)

I noticed the CMStP&P RSD5 doesn't have MU hoses or cables. A good excuse to model the Milwaukee, there are less details to install...

Back