Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday JR, I have not forgotten to send the magnets, I just have not had the chance to get out to do MY running around! I'm sending E a boxcar kit also! His suggestions when I was starting were excellent and I got the under table rope light idea from him!

Good morning.

Johnny....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Chet .... Nice photo with scrap yard.

Justin...... Shots of coal mine and the engine house look great. Trees help make the first scene look real.

Good Morning All - 53 degrees headed towards 60 .... was 74 yesterday.
Woke up to a very nice, steady rainfall. WOW, if it keeps this up - folks around here are not going to have anything to complain about, NOT!
Oh Well, they will then complain that everything is too wet! We will need lots more of the "wet"stuff to bring things back to normal again.

ERIC - my thoughts and prayers are with you. My BIL has his first radiation treatment for prostate cancer this morning - so I will be thinking about him as well. Just for the record - I think that the Chemo is probably worse than the radiation. Those holes they keep poking into you can;t be any fun at all.
Like Ken in VA says: Walk a little closer to God and you will get through it.

Only 11 more days to O'gone - PTL

CHET - Looking forward to the poolside photos with that warm weather there.

I'm sitting in the Ford dealer waiting room while they service my truck. I get free service for a few more months.

crickets?

everyone frozen out or in the ditch?

I was almost in a ditch yesterday trying to get the truck up the driveway. Finally made it, low gear screaming all the way. Tried the wifes mustang, that was a no go. She stayed home today. Trucks paid for, the car ain't! I had to go into work today , I'm taking Thursday afternoon off to make a presentation for a telephone system a buddy and I created. I posted it in the product review section as it would work well for those looking for a telephone system for their layout.

Afternoon All,

Well so much for intentions. No dirt pick up today, so I planned on gluing on the stake pockets on the side and end pieces before attaching to the top so if I needed to I could spray them before attaching them (in case of glue over slop). Instead MOH decided that I needed to go with her to Dollar Tree, Save-a-Lot, Bravo (grocery store), ALDI, and finally Wally World. Needless to say by the time I got home and got everything put away all I wanted to do was get a cup of coffee and a bowl of strawberries (yummy) and sit down.

Some good news is that I talked to MOH earlier about my small empire expansion and she gave the go ahead:D. It will probably be around 3-4 weeks until I start it.

Tonight I'm going to watch the College Championship game. I'm almost positive AL will win but will be rooting for Clemson. This will be my last football game for this season since I refuse to watch or support the NFL.

Chet- Great layout pictures.

NG- You'll figure it out. When it is right for you it will click.

Willie- It sure is.

Johnny- Happy Birthday.

Eric- I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the Radiation Treatments. Take care of yourself and continue to hang tough.

Justin- Good job on the repair job. I really like the trees for separation of the main and mine.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I forgot to mention that it has been a nightmare here for law enforcement today. This morning a Orlando officer was murdered by a murder suspect that was on the run and a short time later while searching for the suspect a Orange County Deputy Motor Officer was killed after being hit by a car (not the suspect). It sounds like the suspect has been cornered but has hostages. This scum is believed to have killed his ex-girlfriend and wounding her brother. Please keep these officers families in your prayers.

Happy Birthday JR, I have not forgotten to send the magnets, I just have not had the chance to get out to do MY running around! I'm sending E a boxcar kit also! His suggestions when I was starting were excellent and I got the under table rope light idea from him!

No problem, Bruce. Will be glad to have them whenever they arrive.
Johnny

Curt - I'm with you on the non-support for pro football. Some in my family are insane fans, but I've grown more and more disillusioned and sickened by it all. I do watch some college football - purer and better in my eyes.

Also getting really sick about an evident increase in violence in this country, and particularly against police. Violence is up everywhere in the world, it seems, mostly because of terrorists - but in this country, it just seems out of control. Will pray for those families you mentioned in Florida.

Johnny

Good afternoon.

Johnny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Eric - hang in there, we'll keep the prayers going for you!

Curt - your story reminds me of the day I was able to make a deal with MOH for the entire West wall of my garage [trainroom], always great to acquire extra real estate! Sorry to hear about the slain officers, I sure hope they capture the <expletive> without any hostages being harmed!

Daughter #3, the "baby" of the family, left today on her journey back to college in FL. She was supposed to leave at noon, but for some reason she didn't get away until 2:30pm. Too bad, now she's probably still crawling thru that I-95 NoVA rush hour gridlock!:rolleyes: Luckily she'll be overnighting at a motel in southern NC and not making the entire 13-hour trek in one day.

Truck service went fine. Getting the house in order now to have a few guys over for the Alabama game tonight. Chips, cookies, sodas, crackers, extra chairs in front of the big screen. Yeah, I'm all set.

Curt - I hope they do not "capture" that (expletive) ... I hope they find him with 67 holes? maybe more!
Arrested 20 times in 15 years? Did I hear that correctly?

Congratulations on the land grab!

Curt -Hope something serious happens to that piece of trash. Back in the 70's when I was a trooper I had a run in with one of he Miami organized crime people. I did keep on alert for a number of months until one evening he was found along side US-1 with 87 bullet holes in him. Worst case of suicide I ever heard of.

Truck service went fine. Getting the house in order now to have a few guys over for the Alabama game tonight. Chips, cookies, sodas, crackers, extra chairs in front of the big screen. Yeah, I'm all set.

Wish I were closer and could join you. My SIL (the Marine south of you) went to Clemson, so I have to support him.
Packers looked great yesterday!

Good evening. It's a balmy 26, and becoming cloudy.
17 trailers back at the dealership, only one incident. And we're not entirely sure if it came that way from the factory, or was sabotaged while parked unattended. The LP tank assembly on one of them suddenly hopped off the trailer, and was dragged along under the trailer for about quarter mile. Inspection showed there were no mounting bolts in the mounts, though there were holes where the bolts should have been. No injuries, and only minor damage.
Tomorrow it's supposed to rain late in the day. It should be fun with all the ice under the snow on the ground.
Oh, and I haven't seen a mail truck since Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back