Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, That could have been quite exciting if it was full of propane and sparks were present. I am assuming that the tank was dragged, or am I mistaken?

Well, That could have been quite exciting if it was full of propane and sparks were present. I am assuming that the tank was dragged, or am I mistaken?
It was a new, MT tank, and was dragged on the pavement for about a quarter mile.

Happy Birthday Johnny!

No much to report here. New HVAC system showed a system error on the controle panel. HVAC Co was called at 5:30, tech was here by 7, fixed by 8:30. No charge of course! :cool:

It was a new, MT tank, and was dragged on the pavement for about a quarter mile.

I would say a thief got disturbed before they could disconnect it fully. If you're going back there, have a look on the ground for the missing bolts.

Evening fellas,
Well I made it through radiation just fine.Everything was fine and they sent me back to chemo after that.
Twasn't nothing to it to be honest.
If today is to be any measure of how things will proceed in the near future, then I' welcome it.
Needless to say I feel much better.
Now only 34 more radtion an 3 more chemo treatments to go!!
I should be able to handle that.
I'm a much more happier camper now.
Night night for now!
E.

PS: It occurred to me today that times goes really slow when I'm dealing with chemo but much much after with radiation. I attribute that to chemo being only weekly and radiation is daily.
Did anyone else with my experience (albtiet limite) share in this observation?

Good evening fellow Rail Setters & Spike Drivers,

Hi Flo & Francine, How is everything down here at Jeffreys' Dinner? It seems fairly busy, has anyone reported seeing the running bear's yet? I didn't think so.

The weather here in Central Calif., has been very wet and rainy, yesterday evening's and last nights storm added another 1.4" to the rain fall for a total so far of 9.84 inches. Lets see what WW has to say?
I'm writing this at 7:59 Pm. Monday evening.
Rain > Not as I'm writing this evening.
The temp is 50.1 °F - Feels Like 50.1 °F;
Wind is from South at 2.0 Mph;

Precip. -- in
Pressure 30.12 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Dew Point 43 °F
Humidity 78%
Rainfall 0.00 in
Snow Depth Not available.

On the C&S West Short Line front.

Yesterday evening/night I had a two issues to try and resolve. First one of my Old Time Climax Loco's, that really isn't all that old from the standpoint of how long I've had it or that well used and was running ok the day before even running to somewhat the near the end of the newest siding as it's shown heading down in the picture decided not to keep running which I thought was odd.

Here's the new siding on the right with the Old Time Climax [OTC] headed down it. A couple of days ago I could run the OTC down to near where the new darker rails extend beyond the first 3' lengths toward the end of the dark brown roadbed [the Sound board].

IMG_20170109_191551_zpsyu89ixui.jpg

Last night I did some more work spiking down some of the rail going toward the second set of rails and slightly at their beginning on the new tie strips. I may be hard to see but that's a small block of wood I placed between the rails at the far end of the road bed.

So I couldn't get the OTC to even attempt to run and found that very troubling and when I removed it's shell I noticed that the tube connecting the flywheel to the Armature shaft would spin around and not turn the Armature with it and of course
the exact opposite was true so there was no flywheel effect.

IMG_20170108_181206_zpsg2nsccpo.jpg

I used a pair of rail nippers to attempt to squeeze a couple of depressions on ether side of the Armature shaft and then applied some Super Glue to form a couple of bumps on either side of the shaft the sleeve from the flywheel [FW] would have to slip over hopefully making it less likely to spin around. I let it dry over night and then pushed the sleeve on the shaft with some difficulty which told me it was a nice tight fit. Sure enough, when I set the mechanism on the WS Roto Wheel Cleaner and applied some power the FW spun around just like it should. I cleaned the wheels good and then put the body back on it and again tried it after using my abrasive rail cleaning block to go over rails of the siding good. Once I did all of that the loco ran down the siding just fine.

CM170108-18020708_zpsri4dwdd1.jpg

So does anyone have any idea where the problem was. I should mention that the Crest Radio Hand Throttle's sending unit does have a built in circuit breaker so if there is a short it kills the power from being sent to the rails. I will admit that something I did wasn't there before.

Sorry for the dark pictures, that don't look that way on the cell phone. Maybe PB does something to them that causes them to darken like that?

On my personal issues, my darn auto insurance company, whom I pay monthly since money has gotten tight, decided to cancel my policy for non-payment when I've sent them a premium payment every month and indeed even sent me a notice prior of only owing a small amount of the December premium which I paid along a late fee as they didn't get my payment approximately 12 days prior to the due date! So I called my agent and she confirmed that they had indeed sent out a letter of cancellation but in looking over my payment record said they had something wrong as I made all my payments and not to make another payment tell she contacted them.
I make payment through my bank on-line and there should be a record of all payments the bank sent to them! It's also interesting that the agent knows what payments I made or didn't when the payments go to a different address from my bank so my payment information must be transmitted from the ins. co. to the agent! So how is it they don't have the same records she has to know there is a mistake on their part?? They pulled this same stunt on me in the past and left me totally uninsured for a whole month when I had made payment but it didn't have the new policy number on the check so they didn't know where to apply the payment too so they claim. That Bull Shit as they are the ones that created the new policy for some reason and must know the number of the old one so what should be so hard about connecting the two as my address has always been the same!

Seems to me I should file a bad faith suit against them as this is the second willful act of this type they have pulled.

Johnny: A belated, Happy Birthday from me!

Has anyone heard from Rex in AL, Tony in NY, Ray in NY or Zoe in BC? I'm probably forgetting a few others too?

Hope all have a good Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I am sad to hear the news out of Florida. I don't know what to say. I grew up and made my way surrounded by some really bad guys, most are dead or in prison now. Even the worst of them had at least 2 rules;

1 Never rob an armored car.

2 NEVER, NEVER kill a lawman.

Politics is a reflection of life, there are no rules anymore.

Hey Everybody!

Sorry I have been AWOL.

Lack of sleep caused me to pick up a virus, slept for the best part of 2 days and now I am WAY behind!

The good news is I can still do stuff, thank God! AS I told my good friend Sherrel, "I am happy as a pig in shit to do it!"

Speaking of pigs. if this offends you, forgive me, but if it does God help you over the next 4 years.

https://www.facebook.com/classicsaturdaycartoons/videos/1338854946184949/?pnref=story

Eric - glad to hear the rad treatment wasn't as bad as you anticipated. Looks like your on the home stretch!

Karl - Guess yo'll have an opportunity to test your new A/C unit this Thursday, ya think?

Louis - glad you recovered, there seems to be more of that s**t going around this winter than in the past couple years. Great little video, Mel Blanc is my all-time favorite cartoon voice!

30 degrees, nice, compared to how it has been lately.
Large Marge should be at your house today. Once you plug the wires in, try not to unplug them. It's a very tight connection, and probably won't respond well to continual removal and reinstallation.

Good Morning All. 59° and partly cloudy today, going up to 75° this afternoon. Made it up to 65° yesterday with very stiff 20mph+ winds all day that will continue for a few more days. Went to the dentist yesterday for teeth cleaning. Last freebie before my COBRA insurance runs out this month!
Only spent a little time in the train shed yesterday, as other life activities got in the way. Ran some trains just because I hadn't run any in a few days. Glued some more DPM walls together for additional low-relief backdrop structures. New heater seems to be working well, although I needed to turn it off for a few days.

Eric - Hey, I'm glad that the radiation treatment went fine. Keep thinking positively.
Justin - Those trees really make the scene stand out. That's one of the most outstanding features of Eastern coal mining country.
Curt - Man, they're just going crazy in FL the last few days. Hope that everything settles down quickly... Sounds like you got the grand tour of Winter Garden yesterday.
Louis - Glad that you are feeling better from the virus. How's the arm/shoulder doing?

Everybody have a fantastic day.

Willie

Beady- It's exciting to start fresh.
I tried that one on the wife, once; she let me live (the line, not the act).

They moved up the abatement to today; they're due here sometime in the next hour. Of course, I haven't broken the trains down yet; allergies have been killing me, and today is supposed to be packing - up and sealing off, anyway.

One reason for the allergies may be that I've been delaying changing the HVAC filter until after the abatement. God, three more days!

Anyway, it's 32 here, with a rain/snow mix overnight and all day, today. I just looked out into the carport and noticed the car's roof vent is open. At least the entire window wasn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Good morning, all. 59 and cloudy here in SW MO. Still predicting a freezing rain event for Thursday night and all day Friday. Got firewood ready!

Not much to report - last night my wife and I ate at a restaurant that gives me a free dinner on my birthday. Son and his family joined us - got a train calendar, couple of rolling stock, and some candy as presents. Funny how most of my gifts have to do with trains ever since I got into the hobby last July :)

David - nice job of troubleshooting and repair. Not that I know exactly what you're doing - too new to the hobby - but I am learning :confused:
Eric - Hooray for you! Glad things are going well. We're with you, friend!!
Terry - Hope your part of the country is recovering from "snowmageddon"!

See ya later.
Johnny

Haven't seen a mail truck since Thursday (? Friday?), and the fuel oil delivery has been delayed until maybe tomorrow, if weather permits. I know I have letters and parcels coming, and we have maybe 10 gallons of oil sloshing around the bottom of the tank. I've closed off the office, mud room,and train room, as well as setting the thermostat to 50, and running space heaters. My electric bill next month will probably be horrible...
I had to use the 4wd inmy truck to get out of my driveway yesterday morning, and it wouldn't disengage. I moved most of the trailers with my truck in 4wd. I also used a tank of gas doing this. I finally got it to disengage, when I pulled the very last one back to the shop. Something else to look at... At least none of us are sick, 4 people didn't bother showing up for work yesterday, including the service manager.

Good morning, all. 59 and cloudy here in SW MO. Still predicting a freezing rain event for Thursday night and all day Friday. Got firewood ready!

Not much to report - last night my wife and I ate at a restaurant that gives me a free dinner on my birthday. Son and his family joined us - got a train calendar, couple of rolling stock, and some candy as presents. Funny how most of my gifts have to do with trains ever since I got into the hobby last July :)

David - nice job of troubleshooting and repair. Not that I know exactly what you're doing - too new to the hobby - but I am learning :confused:
Eric - Hooray for you! Glad things are going well. We're with you, friend!!
Terry - Hope your part of the country is recovering from "snowmageddon"!

See ya later.
Johnny

Thank you Johnny.
You wouldn't happend to be from Roacjdale, IN would you?
I have a package with only the last name on the return address.

E

Thank you Johnny.
You wouldn't happend to be from Roacjdale, IN would you?
I have a package with only the last name on the return address.

E

Eric - nope, I'm in Springfield, MO. Were you expecting the package?
Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back