Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVII

Good Morning .. It's 64 on the way to 102 today.
Spousal Unit says that we have to watch the Rams home opener today - just because! (I have never figured out what "just because" means?)

ERIC - Are U using a phone - or a computer? I think WE are all curious about your treatment - I know that I am?

TERRY, TOOT - You two just might be the next Abbott and Costello.

LOUIS - Why the cargo van? To haul your trains around? Good work with your kids!

Speaking of memories, who recalls the Turbo trains of the 1970's ?

Sure do. The trains that made their surroundings smell like JT4. Rode one Buffalo to GCT, another Montreal to GCT. Not impressed with the ride. vs Amfleet. Did get to run them a couple of times though.

Sure do. The trains that made their surroundings smell like JT4. Rode one Buffalo to GCT, another Montreal to GCT. Not impressed with the ride. vs Amfleet. Did get to run them a couple of times though.

I recall Amtrak used them for some of its Chicago trains including trains over PC and GTW in Michigan. The only time I was on one was as a passenger from Chicago to Milwaukee. .... I remember the Amfleet cars had seats that were too hard.

Bling? I have never even worn a watch or a wedding band. Wife never even bought one because I told her I didn't do jewelry. Learned to tell the time from the sun when I was in the Boy Scouts.
Disney...not for me. Daughter, SIL and two grandsons went last year and paid nearly $400 to get in and rode five rides in ten hours. At least Walt liked model trains.
Everyone have a great day.

Willie

Bling? Timepieces are my downfall. I blame my grandfather, the railroad engineer/conductor/brakeman. I have his pocket watch, an Elgin 21-jewel Bunn Special railroad watch, made in 1927. Then I found an affinity for wristwatches, and currently wear a $900 Shinola. Didn't used to wear a ring, 'cause the wife appropriated mine when her fingers swelled too much to wear her own; then, on a road trip out west, a Navaho jeweler at the Grand Canyon had a ring that "spoke" to me, and I wear it whenever I leave the house.

There's a trick to enjoying yourself at Disney: Go there between December 15 and March 15. The wife and I were detailed for work to Orlando, from January 1 to March 31, and we spent our entire per diem and overtime pay doing every tourist activity available in Florida, from the Space Coast to Naples and Key West. January through mid March is definitely the time to avoid the crowds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Terry, did you just send me a text?
it came from 336 area code.
E
Yes, I did. I've been at our local train club since then, running test trains, and taking videos to put on the club's Facebook page and website.

Toot .. LOL

Here's an Illinois Central passenger train. I am reminded of the song "The Train They Call The City of New Orleans".

ICCMChicagoE9_zpsf961a685.jpg

Speaking of memories, who recalls the Turbo trains of the 1970's ?

Garry is this the song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPlQVM6g_Zc

That is a great picture of an even better train!

I have heard of the Turbo Trains but I don't know any details if you are someone would elaborate I would enjoy reading about them.

Good Morning .. It's 64 on the way to 102 today.
Spousal Unit says that we have to watch the Rams home opener today - just because! (I have never figured out what "just because" means?)

LOUIS - Why the cargo van? To haul your trains around? Good work with your kids!

Sherrel I am watching the game, it's a great defensive game so far.

I can't take any credit for the soccer game, I am a baseball coach only. At soccer games I am just a loud mouthed spectator, but I keep it positive and even cheer when the other team makes a good play. I bet more than a few other spectators got tired of hearing "LETS GO GREEN", my boy's team wears green, but no team names... soccer.

Bling? Timepieces are my downfall. I blame my grandfather, the railroad engineer/conductor/brakeman. I have his pocket watch, an Elgin 21-jewel Bunn Special railroad watch, made in 1927. Then I found an affinity for wristwatches, and currently wear a $900 Shinola. Didn't used to wear a ring, 'cause the wife appropriated mine when her fingers swelled too much to wear her own; then, on a road trip out west, a Navaho jeweler at the Grand Canyon had a ring that "spoke" to me, and I wear it whenever I leave the house.

There's a trick to enjoying yourself at Disney: Go there between December 15 and March 15. The wife and I were detailed for work to Orlando, from January 1 to March 31, and we spent our entire per diem and overtime pay doing every tourist activity available in Florida, from the Space Coast to Naples and Key West. January through mid March is definitely the time to avoid the crowds.

Beady I have to admit I admire pocket watches especially railroad pocket watches. I almost bought one on eBay, a B&O pocket watch, but I keep my extravagances to my toy trains. I have never spent so much money in my life to amuse myself as I have on my trains. I love my trains.

I am surprised to hear Disney's off time is from January to Mid-March. I would think the winter weather up north would fill Florida's attractions, interesting. I should take my boys, they would love it!

Disney is much more than the mouse these days, Star Wars and God only knows what else.

In case you missed my mistaken reply and correction, thank you for answering about the Gibbous moon. I knew waxing and waning, but Gibbous lost me.

Now back to football, enjoy the games Everybody!

Just so all y'all know, the computer sold an hour ago. I deleted that Craigslist ad so fast it made its electrons smoke.

Evening All,

Did a couple of chores this morning then finished up the construction on the flats. I made the 4 side signs and glued the truck stand and ramps on, and finally the brake wheels. The picture shows the trailers on but they are removable and although the rear of the trailer looks like it is pushed against the ramp, the same amount of room exists front and back for the ramps. Total time 14.5 hours. The only thing left is painting and decaling. For now the side signs are removable (painting and decaling).

As soon as I finished we were on the road to pick up a lounge settee about 40 minutes from us for daughter. After that was a trip to Aldi for odds and ends.

Garry- Great museum photos and of the IC train.

Chet- Nice man cave and freight station. Are you looking for RR themed tractor-trailers or something like P.I.E?

Toot- Great video.

Louis- Congrats on the van. It looks very close to the Ford Transit.

Willie- I just quit watching the NFL. Their values seem to be different from mine so I see no reason to support them.

ERIC- Glad you made it up to IL OK.

20160918_183328_zpsjmgmph2g.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Willie: Basically since I am moving here and have needed family, get to start all over ..... well sort of. I have yet to see an oncologist and still need MRI.
i guess the point is except for the trach and stomach feed tube installed, I haven't gotten any actual treatments per se.
Later.
E

I don't know about that Gibbous, but I know I can't wax my truck when it's waning!!:rolleyes:

Oh good, football is on, I can finally get a nap!

That's our Karl! :)

Wax on, wax off... :)

I thought exactly that when I read Karl's post.

Congratulations on selling the PC.

Evening All,

Did a couple of chores this morning then finished up the construction on the flats. I made the 4 side signs and glued the truck stand and ramps on, and finally the brake wheels. The picture shows the trailers on but they are removable and although the rear of the trailer looks like it is pushed against the ramp, the same amount of room exists front and back for the ramps. Total time 14.5 hours. The only thing left is painting and decaling. For now the side signs are removable (painting and decaling).

As soon as I finished we were on the road to pick up a lounge settee about 40 minutes from us for daughter. After that was a trip to Aldi for odds and ends.

Louis- Congrats on the van. It looks very close to the Ford Transit.

20160918_183328_zpsjmgmph2g.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt your time was well spent, that car and it's trailer look fantastic, I would love to have one!

Aldi is one of my favorite stores! Their prices are great, last week I got a gallon of Milk for $1.69, this week was $1.99, but still far better than $2.99 at most places. My wife loves all the European foods and I especially like the German style sauerkraut.

Thank you, I am really happy to find this little versatile Chevy. I can fit a standard size pallet load in the back and has a 1500lb payload.

Terry
I have not yet watched the video's but I know I will enjoy them. I always enjoy your videos, Thank you for posting them.

Could you send me a link to the club's YouTube and Facebook pages?

That's our Karl! :)

I thought exactly that when I read Karl's post.

Congratulations on selling the PC.

Curt your time was well spent, that car and it's trailer look fantastic, I would love to have one!

Aldi is one of my favorite stores! Their prices are great, last week I got a gallon of Milk for $1.69, this week was $1.99, but still far better than $2.99 at most places. My wife loves all the European foods and I especially like the German style sauerkraut.

Thank you, I am really happy to find this little versatile Chevy. I can fit a standard size pallet load in the back and has a 1500lb payload.

Terry
I have not yet watched the video's but I know I will enjoy them. I always enjoy your videos, Thank you for posting them.

Could you send me a link to the club's YouTube and Facebook pages?
https://www.facebook.com/Southbound-Model-Railroaders-Inc-153145434710159/?ref=bookmarks

The club doesn't have a YouTube page. Our members simply post videos on their own accounts, and we either link to them or copy and host them on our website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning it's 77 with 95% humidity under cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

I am up late this morning because I fell asleep watching football (See Karl) thank God for my little Angel Face, she pressed the record button. After football was over I had paper work to do for my Daughter-in-Law and then watched the rest of the Ravens game.

I still have to watch the Orioles, GO O'S!!! Wade Miley finally had a strong outing, just when we needed it the most.

I had to get things done yesterday because I am picking up my new Van this morning.

My schedule is looking pretty busy, thank God I feel good.

E keep on keeping on, you can and will rebound too, we are all pulling for you. When the going gets tough the tough get going, go get'em E! I know the going is slow now, but you are moving in the right direction, you will get there. I am so happy to see your posts!

Have a Great day Everybody!!!

Back