Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Evening All,

Spent a couple hours today working on the pool. After I was done I was as wet as if I had jumped in the pool (well almost). After that I decided to vacuum the upstairs and especially the train room, which it really needed. Later in the day Deb (Phil's wife) called to test his new phone. The improvement in the sound quality is significant. I think tomorrow afternoon is going to be all about running trains.:D

Ken- That would be nice for derailments! Drive safe and have a nice vacation.

Chet- Nice pic. Don't work too hard slinging mud.

Beady- I think the hatch is fake! I don't have that on my HO Russell snow plow. LOL.

Terry- It's the civic duty that keeps on giving. Feel better soon buddy.

Sherrel- Drive safe and have a great time.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening . Been a busy day for me. Not used to it.
Yeah, a new 'phone. Has more bells and whistles than I need. Hell, still can't change the time on our V C R . And I hate typing. Fat fingers keep hitting two keys at same time. Constantly correcting.
Yes, I'm a grouch. Keeps undesirables away but them that know me except that trait.
Ken and Sherrell, enjoy your trip. Be careful. Too many fools on the roads.
Eric and others- Prayers. If we hit the jackpot I will share. If not with y'all, with family.
Goodnight.

Phil

It's 82 and clear here.
Looks like the computer I got to play train simulator is having a bad day along with me. I'll deal with it when I feel better.

It's 82 and clear here.
Looks like the computer I got to play train simulator is having a bad day along with me. I'll deal with it when I feel better.

I was hoping that you were over your ailment. You da Man - can't have you under the weather! More chicken soup!

Good evening . Been a busy day for me. Not used to it.
Yeah, a new 'phone. Has more bells and whistles than I need. Hell, still can't change the time on our V C R . And I hate typing. Fat fingers keep hitting two keys at same time. Constantly correcting.
Yes, I'm a grouch. Keeps undesirables away but them that know me except that trait.
Ken and Sherrell, enjoy your trip. Be careful. Too many fools on the roads.
Eric and others- Prayers. If we hit the jackpot I will share. If not with y'all, with family.
Goodnight.

Phil

Thanks, Flip. Just for the record, I stopped by the Verizon store to ask them why my phone was running down after only a day. Long story short - fast talking young whipper snapper tricked me into an upgrade phone. I should have known better! It's nice, double the memory and like you say has all the bells and whistles. Wish I had not done it - don't need MORE stuff to have to learn all over again.

Thanks, Flip. Just for the record, I stopped by the Verizon store to ask them why my phone was running down after only a day. Long story short - fast talking young whipper snapper tricked me into an upgrade phone. I should have known better! It's nice, double the memory and like you say has all the bells and whistles. Wish I had not done it - don't need MORE stuff to have to learn all over again.

Well.... I done got's me one of them new fangled cell phone thingies.... Had it for about 8 years. Think I have turned it on at least a dozen times. Half of those times the battery was dead.... Guess I need to charge it at every six months or sumpin' Mines a dumb phone. Guess you can talk on it and even take some really bad out of focus photos too. Don't know as I have never used it. Only reason I have it for emergencies like calling 911 if I need to. Lucky I haven't had to so that explains the lack of using it. I do know how to turn it on though. I put it up to my ear and whisper, "I love you, I love you....!" Oh, no that's not it. I guess it is a PC kinda of phone because to start it you push the button marked "END". I do have and sometime use one they now call "Res". Oh, don't need no thingies called "Apps". Whatever the heck them things is. Anyhow I think the best way to explain is that it's like trying to tell the sex of a skunk. Easy to do actually. What's hard is trying to explain to anyone why you want to know!!!

Frankly the only thing I would want one for would to be able to talk to someone if I needed to. Everything else they do can be done much better with something else. Like a camera, a computer, the steering wheel on the car.... You know, stuff like that.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

Good morning Everybody!

It's 75 with 90% humidity under cloudy skies in south east Baltimore.

I woke up at 12:30am, one of those nights, but it's ok. I turned on music choice sounds of the seasons to listen to Christmas music. They are having a Christmas in July. I got a lot done between bathroom trips. I feel fine now and my desk is nearly cleared from "to do" paper work!!!

Merry Christmas in July Everybody!

WHAT!!! Christmas in July in Baltimore. That's a bit off. We have it down here so we can pretend 'cause it's winter and even go where there is some snow in the southern states. What's your excuse.

Good morning. ?? Why the heck do I hear sleigh bells ??? OH, its wind chimes. Thought I was cracking up.
This new 'phone is a FREE update. Gee, it has a camera,flashlight and all sorts of memory. Problem is fat fingers and poor memory on my part. Can't remember which of those teeny buttons to push when I need to. That's why I keep a list of 'phone numbers in my wallet for those NOT on speed dial. Maybe we need to get an operator to speak with on a party line. RAY-remember those ????

Weather today will be the same as all last week. Hot-Humid-Scattered T/S's late [or whenever they appear]
Wish everyone a pleasant day.
Phil

p.s. Did not hit the lotto.

WHAT!!! Christmas in July in Baltimore. That's a bit off. We have it down here so we can pretend 'cause it's winter and even go where there is some snow in the southern states. What's your excuse.

Don't blame me, you guys from down under started it. The retailers here will use any excuse to sell. I'm just always ready for Christmas!

Phil don't be alarmed, it was just me doing a fly-by in Santa's sleigh. I have the maintenance contract. No pay buy it keeps me off the naughty list.

Time for me to fly, I have to get to the store!

Have a great day Everybody!

Good Morning All. 76° and partly cloudy this morning. Forecast is on autopilot for about a month, hot & dry. Finished mowing yesterday morning, maybe not again until September. My two grandsons are coming up from Dallas today for a two or three day visit. Should be fun. They love to come to the country because they can "pee outside"! Grandpa's trains have lost some of their allure as they both have tablets now.
Louis - I have coyotes, bobcats, snakes and hawks that keep the neighborhood rats down. My own cats keep them away from the house.
Sherrel -
Supposedly against the law to fire a gun in the county except at a range
You darn sure aren't in Texas. Quiet now, but come September 1, dove and squirrel hunting season opens. There is no closed season for rabbits or "varmints". Have a safe trip. Sounds like you'll have plenty of company.
Terry - Again, get well soon. Always a drag to be sick in the summer, or anytime for that matter.
Eric - Best of luck going forward next week. You are in my thoughts quite frequently.

Funny how an 86° pool temperature feels warm in the dark and cool in the light?@!%&#
Everyone have a great Sunday, I'm going to water the garden before getting ready for Mass.

Willie

Good morning. Still sick.
So is the computer.
It "updated" overnight, to a new version of Windows 10. Now, it won't recognize the license that came with it, and Microsoft wants me to buy another activation license for $119.99. I see now how this Windows 10 is going to go...

Good morning. Still sick.
So is the computer.
It "updated" overnight, to a new version of Windows 10. Now, it won't recognize the license that came with it, and Microsoft wants me to buy another activation license for $119.99. I see now how this Windows 10 is going to go...

Nice scam.

Back