Running Bear's August 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy - While I don't have a clue about what you posted about yesterday morning, that looks like one hell of a mess with the 3D printer.
Very minor mess, actually. Vat had a pinhole leak. The resin that leaked stayed on the screen protector and hardened up.

I need to replace the clear film on the bottom of the resin vat. and I need a new screen protector.

Could have been much worse. I've seen photos of blowouts, and liquid resin running down the sides of the printer.

Good Morning All!
58F and partly

Found out that my hot water tank needs to be strapped to the wall to prevent it from tipping over. What? Apparently FHA is worried about quakes and other happenings. What? So if my water tank does indeed tip over, there would be a whole new can of worms to deal with and the water heater would be the least of my problems ... right? Geesh.

Thought the following is cute!
0812221507_HDR[1].jpg

Sherrel - Your Thursday itinerary seemed busy! Surprised that you could remember it all.
That's my alter-ego you are referring too!
Finished the outter flap on the dog door and even painted the trim this morning! All it had on it was a primer coat from 12 years ago.
It's not a store bought dog door as the walls are 2x6 plus sheetrock (inside) and stucco (outside) - basically two seperate single flap door frames attached to a "box" built between the 2x6 studs.

Spousal Unit is calling - think she wants help in the yard - have to make hay beore the temp rises!

Joe, I remember the Phillies from the 50's - they were always in the basement with, I think, the Indians!

BBL

Good Morning All!
58F and partly

Found out that my hot water tank needs to be strapped to the wall to prevent it from tipping over. What? Apparently FHA is worried about quakes and other happenings. What? So if my water tank does indeed tip over, there would be a whole new can of worms to deal with and the water heater would be the least of my problems ... right? Geesh.

Thought the following is cute!
View attachment 150073
I would think the existing plumbing would hold the tank in place.

A Fletcher class destroyer is about 375 feet long, and a Liberty ship is a touch over 440 feet long. A WWII cruiser is around 600 feet long.
I might get a destroyer on then... but a brig or a fourth rate sounds more fun. The guns aren't as big, but they still boom. And, we can talk like pirates! 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Painted up my Viking Shield Maidens here's a pic or two:

SM-3.jpg

SM-1.jpg

balloon.jpg

Sorry if you spit your beverage at your computer for that last one 😜

Gary, this is already an awesome layout, can't wait to see how this progresses.
Thanks Smudge, greatly appreciate that comment. As we know we are our own worse critics….lol and I can’t keep myself happy I am stuck on an incline and have had lots of support and assistance with track planning from many people for sure. I was playing with any rail again today and might still change it…..lol…limited to 50 pieces at a time And fitting my switches in properly. Also most importantly, mainly my winter and future retirement activity…..just getting a little head start.

DAE61192-5A83-4530-999F-1F415482DFF4.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning Everybody!

Pitching and defense have always been the keys to winning in baseball. They always will be.
Most hitters can't drive a well-pitched ball. There are very few exceptions. Most hitters capitalize on the pitchers' mistakes.

Teams like Houston and Tampa Bay have shown the way to compete with big budget, big market teams. The Orioles are following their lead.

Time to make the doughnuts ;)

Have a great day Everybody!
Louis- in what world is Houston a small market team? Rays,maybe, but certainly not Houston(they are the #5 metro area & #8 media market). Better examples might be Milwaukee or San Diego.

The loading crane will go roughly where the small wooden structure is. I will be doing a set of rails down this section as well. This area will be compressed for sure. I was always attempting to get to Byron Henderson water wings layout with the right hand upper leg going down to my train station, and of course wanted a 24” outer radius double main vice the single.

View attachment 150059
Maybe for you next ship "project" you could do either a tea clipper or a Galleon, I'm for the latter, Tricorn hat, eye patch and a parrot, good to go 🤣 🤣🤣 Oh!a Spanish Galleon was 150feet, so you might get two in.

Afternoon All,

Had a miserable night and am dragging butt now. I did get some prep painting by putting Hunterline medium brown on the platform parts. After that I painted the trim pieces Americana Asphaltum (craft paint) thinned with blue windshield washer fluid. Tomorrow I'll paint the walls Tamiya Buff flat thinned like today. I also drilled holes in the long walls for lights and a larger hole on the floot of the platform deck.

All the wood and fiberboard parts are very thin so the method I use after painting is get 2 large (heavy) books then put a folded piece of aluminum foil between them where I put the parts and let them dry that way. The weight helps keep the carriers straight. I leave them that way overnight.

Chet- More great photos of your fallen railroad.

Karl- Glad you were able to get your trailer working.

Joe- Awesome picture. I'm glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel with the wiring.

Gary- I hope you can figure out what will be the best for you in the harbor area.

Guy- Nice progress. I really like how you call it a spray bomb. :D

TomO- I feel the same way about the NFL.

Willie- Nice job on the landscaped area.

Todd- Nice sign. We need to quickly warn Chet!😂

Troy- Nice job on the vikings.

Sherrel- Great photo. It's a keeper.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Louis- in what world is Houston a small market team? Rays,maybe, but certainly not Houston(they are the #5 metro area & #8 media market). Better examples might be Milwaukee or San Diego.
I never said Houston was a small market.
They won the series without a big budget.
As far as markets go, TV is the money maker. When it comes to money, #8 will never compete with #1 or #2 or even #3.
The Astros, the Rays and the Orioles have built through the draft.

Good afternoon. Going to be hot again. Know what you're putting up with Sherrel. Couldn't have been more than 15 minutes after Todd left yesterday when my daughter called to let me know that they'll be up for a few days. They rented a house in town for their stay like they did last time. Guess there will not be a train watching trip Monday.

My coffee came yesterday. I like to get whole bean coffee and the prices for any coffee has cone nuts. $10 or more (a lot more) per pound in the grocery store. I used to get my beans at Costco and ordered on line and got 2 three pound bags for $39. I was getting the Kirkland but this San Francisco Bay was as good as the Kirkland and a little over a buck cheaper.

thumbnail_20220813_134018.jpg

I had mentioned putting in a backsplash in the kitchen. The cabinets absolutely would not have been my first choice. Would have preferred white. Guess that's what they make paint for. Don't care for the electric stove but there isn't any natural gas here and being a condo, putting a propane tank would not have been popular. I did like the under mount sink and that the counter tops are quartz, bit again, not my first choice. Here's the backsplash as it doesn't show much in the coffee photo.

thumbnail_20220812_163724.jpg

thumbnail_20220312_133541 (1).jpg

Not a big kitchen, but then, it's only me.

Terry - That's my kind of exercise but the dogs would prefer a longer walk. There's nothing more effecting than a heat wrench. Used it many times.

Troy - I liked a fan in the window but don't have any breathing problems. Bummer.

Gary - Love the layout photos and track plan. Looking forward for layout updates.

Willie
- As usual, I enjoy your photos.

Todd - I really don't see anything funny about the sign you posted. That's the way it is.

Ken - I have to agree about the hot water tank. My place is a new build and the tank is not strapped to the wall. In my pld place though, the tankless water heater was mounted to the wall. Guess they're worried about earthquakes.

Sherrel - Charlie has the same instincts that my girls have.

Back to the archives for some more old photos. Unfortunately the stock pens couldn't be saved.

20180708_153837.jpg

20180725_104052.jpg

20180725_104654.jpg

20180708_151442.jpg

20180725_105232.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back