Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out the day with chores and doing my laundry. In the train room I cut all the tower parts off the sprues, smoothed out those cut spots then rattle canned everything in light gray. Wednesday is a dental teeth cleaning then I only have a cavity filling to do before dental is done for awhile. I'll be getting a haircut this week also.

Thank you for the photo likes a couple of days ago. (nighttime shots)

Karl- Layla is a real cutie. Is she named after the song? Our first skunk was named after Stevie Nicks.

Mac- Interesting steamer.

TomO- I hope you enjoyed the family meal.

Terry- Good luck with the tires.

Guy- Nice modeling.

Bill- Cool photo.

Troy- Enjoy the convention and good luck with the sales.

Willie- Nice scenes and great family photo.

Swal- The real video is awesome.

David- Nice scenes.

I hope everyone has a good night.

To go anywhere abroad we had to have the injections. Now we do not, so do not have the jab.

One interesting fact ---

Deaths in the countries of the Western World are monitored. Since covid each country has registered a rise in deaths of 10-15%. No reason or explanation has been given for the rise.

Well it's my turn to have a bad day. First I discovered a crack in the ceramic liner for the slow cooker. Parts are no longer available for this 50 year old model. Wife can't decide whether to ditch it or just buy a box of plastic bag liners. I'll let her deal with that.
Second, the weight of the tractor/mower broke my incoming water main about 8" from the house, on the meter side of the cut-off valve. I had to race (walk fast) to the other cut-off valve next to the water meter, 240' away to shut it off. Thankfully the plumber said he'd be here this evening. Meanwhile I drug out the emergency jug in case he doesn't make it.

Well it's my turn to have a bad day. First I discovered a crack in the ceramic liner for the slow cooker. Parts are no longer available for this 50 year old model. Wife can't decide whether to ditch it or just buy a box of plastic bag liners. I'll let her deal with that.
Second, the weight of the tractor/mower broke my incoming water main about 8" from the house, on the meter side of the cut-off valve. I had to race (walk fast) to the other cut-off valve next to the water meter, 240' away to shut it off. Thankfully the plumber said he'd be here this evening. Meanwhile I drug out the emergency jug in case he doesn't make it.

By slow cooker, I presume you mean "Crockpot". The new oval shaped ones are nice, we like our. If you prefer the classic round style, they're available on ebay or pretty much any thrift shop.

My printers are all old and I don't know if this is true with lasers (for homes) but I've been reading about HP going to a subscription based service for their printers. I'd avoid HP as they seem to be wanting to make their printers subscription based and we don't want to encourage that.
Unless you print many copies per month, stay away from the HP Instant Ink program. I used one cartridge in 3 years and cancelled after they upped the price without any notice. I recently replaced the black cartridge with the recommended HP cartridge and get an error message to contact instant Ink.

Last edited:
Unless you print many copies per month, stay away from the HP Instant Ink program. I used on cartridge in 3 years and cancelled after they upped the price without any notice. I recently replaced the black cartridge with the recommended HP cartridge and get an error message to contact instant Ink.
Once you sign up for the insta-ink, you are committed forever to buy their ink in that manner. There's no going back, other than throwing away the printer.

Unless you print many copies per month, stay away from the HP Instant Ink program. I used on cartridge in 3 years and cancelled after they upped the price without any notice. I recently replaced the black cartridge with the recommended HP cartridge and get an error message to contact instant Ink.
Once you sign up for the insta-ink, you are committed forever to buy their ink in that manner. There's no going back, other than throwing away the printer.
No worries, I'd never sign up for such a damn fool program.

I did order a Canon Color imageCLASS LBP632 color laser printer from the big river company, should have it Thursday.

Well, that's pretty much how my day went. All night last night it loaded instantly. 6 AM (PDT), running like a Swiss watch. About 8:00 AM. Crashes to a halt. Or runs like greased lightning. There is no in between.

I've noticed this too.

Curt, No she wasn't named after the song, it was just the 1st thing she responded too

By slow cooker, I presume you mean "Crockpot". The new oval shaped ones are nice, we like our. If you prefer the classic round style, they're available on ebay or pretty much any thrift shop.
Yes I did mean crockpot. The names seem to be used interchangeably. The one that got the crack is an oval one and we have used it for many years...I think that we got it as a wedding present 51.5 years ago. Still use it 5-6 times a month. Used it more in years past when we both worked and she would put a hunk of meat in it before she left for work. That one is an easy fix, but it's up to her. If anything like the first one, a new one will outlast us.

Yes I did mean crockpot. The names seem to be used interchangeably. The one that got the crack is an oval one and we have used it for many years...I think that we got it as a wedding present 51.5 years ago. Still use it 5-6 times a month. Used it more in years past when we both worked and she would put a hunk of meat in it before she left for work. That one is an easy fix, but it's up to her. If anything like the first one, a new one will outlast us.
I doubt the new one will last anywhere close to that long. They seem to build them much cheaper!

That said, if I had a 50 year old electrical appliance that created lots of heat, I'd probably replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back