Rio Grande Heritage Unit

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Trackside

I think it's great that UP's going through all the trouble, and expense to do these heritage units! I wish BNSF would follow with a GN, NP, ATSF, and BN units.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
CSX_road_slug said:
Silver trucks & fuel tank!? Are they painting it like their passenger F units?
It appears that way. It doesn't hurt my feelings in any way though. I just hope there's a large, black flying herald under that canvas... :cool: Yellow, silver and a black herald would = AWESOME!

mtrpls

Ignorance is Patriotic
It's a shame the borg had to swallow up these charming railroads in the first place in order to quench its endless corporate greed and quest for monopoly.
Same goes for Beansniff, CSXsux, and Nazi Southern.

That being said, I can't wait to see the Rio Grande heritage unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
TrainboyH16-44 said:
Luckily, it's actually an SD70ACe. Crisis averted, eh? :p

Whew! For a minute, I thought the planet was gonna be jarred off it's axis! :D

You're right, it's one of those "new fangled", GE lookin (radiators), greenie SDs.;) Kinda hard to tell under that tarp. :eek:

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
CSX_road_slug said:
Silver trucks & fuel tank!? Are they painting it like their passenger F units?
As I've seen posted elsewhere, and looking at the past 3 hertitage units, they were all in variations of the member RR's Passenger paint schemes, in a sort of way, so I can see there being a BIG yellow, silver, black & orange Unit under there with an older logo... Most likely.

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
I love it, AWSOME, Can't wait to get Grandeman's reply... I think I may order one from Tower 55, I want something from the heritage line, either that or the SP one (if it looks good).

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
jbaakko said:
I love it, AWSOME, Can't wait to get Grandeman's reply...

Wow, I'm stunned! What a fine tribute to the Grande. :cool: I love the Rockies on the front and the flying herald in black over yellow. Simply fantastic!

Trackside said:
I think it's great that UP's going through all the trouble, and expense to do these heritage units! I wish BNSF would follow with a GN, NP, ATSF, and BN units.
BNSF considers their current scheme "heritage". Of what I don't know....

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
GandyDancer said:
BNSF considers their current scheme "heritage". Of what I don't know....
Actually H1 & H2 WERE... H3 is a fan coined term, BNSF calls it "NEW IMAGE", as the, new image of the RR...

And if you look at H1 & H2 they had ATSF inspired locos, GN, colors... um... maybe the Black in the newimage is inspired by BN?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.