ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Model Railroad Photo Gallery About

• That was more of a snapshot rather than a photo. I was running a train at the time. On this layout if an operator blows a signal they can easily loose their operating privileges. So I just snapped the picture and got back to running the train. There is a block signal just off the end of the trestle to the right. Then since it is a photography contest I refuse to modify the photo I post. To me if someone modifies a photo it is no longer a photo but dark room magic, or in today's world a digital piece of art.

But I would love to see what you were able to do with it. Were you able to lighten the background without lightening the trestle any more? I sort of liked the darkness in the valley.
    Hi Gandy,

Happy Thanks Giving !

I saw your picture of the high trussel you posted and was intrigued by it. I too am modeling the Colorado terrain but don't have the room you have but your high bridge sure is enticing to try and add in someplace, I'm still in the construction stage for about 3/4's of what I have planned.

The only thing I was wondering abpit your photo is if you meant for the picture to be as dark as it is?

I'm a former pro photographer working with digital and took the liberty of lightening the picture and what a difference it makes in the scene. Possibly more like you meant it to be?

I'd be glad to send it to you if you want?

Take care and enjoy Thanks Giving and the Christmas Holidays!

Talk with you later,

David
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.