Rio Grande Heritage Unit

I think it's great that UP's going through all the trouble, and expense to do these heritage units! I wish BNSF would follow with a GN, NP, ATSF, and BN units.

CSX_road_slug said:
Silver trucks & fuel tank!? Are they painting it like their passenger F units?

It appears that way. It doesn't hurt my feelings in any way though. I just hope there's a large, black flying herald under that canvas... :cool: Yellow, silver and a black herald would = AWESOME!

It's a shame the borg had to swallow up these charming railroads in the first place in order to quench its endless corporate greed and quest for monopoly.
Same goes for Beansniff, CSXsux, and Nazi Southern.

That being said, I can't wait to see the Rio Grande heritage unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
TrainboyH16-44 said:
Luckily, it's actually an SD70ACe. Crisis averted, eh? :p

Whew! For a minute, I thought the planet was gonna be jarred off it's axis! :D

You're right, it's one of those "new fangled", GE lookin (radiators), greenie SDs.;) Kinda hard to tell under that tarp. :eek:

CSX_road_slug said:
Silver trucks & fuel tank!? Are they painting it like their passenger F units?
As I've seen posted elsewhere, and looking at the past 3 hertitage units, they were all in variations of the member RR's Passenger paint schemes, in a sort of way, so I can see there being a BIG yellow, silver, black & orange Unit under there with an older logo... Most likely.

I love it, AWSOME, Can't wait to get Grandeman's reply... I think I may order one from Tower 55, I want something from the heritage line, either that or the SP one (if it looks good).

jbaakko said:
I love it, AWSOME, Can't wait to get Grandeman's reply...

Wow, I'm stunned! What a fine tribute to the Grande. :cool: I love the Rockies on the front and the flying herald in black over yellow. Simply fantastic!

Here's Kevin Morgan's pic from the link... Wow!

100824.jpg

Trackside said:
I think it's great that UP's going through all the trouble, and expense to do these heritage units! I wish BNSF would follow with a GN, NP, ATSF, and BN units.
BNSF considers their current scheme "heritage". Of what I don't know....

GandyDancer said:
BNSF considers their current scheme "heritage". Of what I don't know....
Actually H1 & H2 WERE... H3 is a fan coined term, BNSF calls it "NEW IMAGE", as the, new image of the RR...

And if you look at H1 & H2 they had ATSF inspired locos, GN, colors... um... maybe the Black in the newimage is inspired by BN?

Back