Other forums??

jtudor

I don't know if this sort of question is taboo here, so please forgive me if this is out of line and mod's please delete if I am violating forum rules.

Does anyone know what happened to another popular MR forum? I won't mention by name to avoid maybe breaking a rule.

When I went to visit today I got an account suspended page with a redirect to the hosting service.

I don't visit there as often as this forum because it is much slower, and lately had not seemed to me to be as active.

I knwo many members here also frequent and post over there.

I get this:
To participate in the forum you must first create a new screen name or unlock your old screen name from the previous forum

** Our Website Has Changed **
If you have previously unlocked your screen name and are seeing this message again, you may need to log out and log back in.

I'm gonna follow through and see what happens... stand by one...

I did waht it said... unlocked my old SCN, logged out and back in and it still works...

Now I am getting a DNS error. I wonder if they changed hosts and the change is still propogating around the net?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am getting a DNS error. I wonder if they changed hosts and the change is still propogating around the net?

I have been getting that all night. They said they were going to have about an 8 hour down time.

Does anyone know what happened to another popular MR forum? I won't mention by name to avoid maybe breaking a rule.
Well if there's a rule, I haven't heard about it. :D
Let's face it, we all know there are other forums out there, and most members here belong to two or three of them. There are moderators on this forum who moderate on other forums too :eek: so it's just not a big deal. :)

Cheers
Willis

Well if there's a rule, I haven't heard about it. :D
Let's face it, we all know there are other forums out there, and most members here belong to two or three of them. There are moderators on this forum who moderate on other forums too :eek: so it's just not a big deal. :)

Cheers
Willis

I made that comment because some other forums have a VERY high rivalry with others. Over at xmfan.com you do not dare mention xm411.com. even developers of the online listening alternative software cant post unedited screen shots of thier software if if has any reference showing to the other site.

Overall I am certain that everyone here has a much more adult attitude than a lot of the members of those forums.

On the original topic, can someone who gets to the new site ping it and post the IP address here? I suspect that if they changed hosts the new routing has not propogated all across the net yet.

Jeeze man, what forum are you talking about, trains.com? If so, no problem for me getting signed in.

I've tried to register there with both Firefox and IE and in neither one can I get the registration code to show up on the screen (the random stuff that you type into the box). I even tried adding the site to my IE Trusted Zone and it still doesn't show up.

Trainboard.com
Well the only problem I had there was I forgot my user name :rolleyes:, I believe it's the only site that allows a "&" in the user name. Due to other demands on my time I only visit two sites for now and spend most of my time here.

Willis

Trainboard is back up now for me, I didn't have to jump thorugh any hoops, just went to my bookmark and I was still logged in.

Best thing is that it is much faster now, which was my biggest complaint over there. Pages now load very fast. Excellent work done over there.

I guess I missed announcements that this was planned maintenence since I don't visit there every day. With the faster response I will certainly visit more often.

I usually make a round here and there each day while my daughter is in quiet time with my wife. This board and Trainboard are the most interesting of all the boards I found when I caught the bug. I also notice some cross posting of questions by users of both sites. Trainboard usually gets more responses because of its size, but the quality of responses from both sites is about the same.

Back