New Year Photo Fun

Steve B

Firefighter
Lets End 2006 with your very best pictures of the year, they don't have to be show stoppers, if you like it then post it, the more the merrier
Happy New year to everyone

This week's little jobs
I have got the benchwork done and the bridge is installed

PC290041.jpg

A touch of light weathering

PC290051.jpg

And a bit of fun with Photoshop ;)

I got me and the family shrunk to 1/87 scale so we could tour the layout

PC150042_edited-1.jpg

another quick one from my cheapo camera looking along the peninsular in the middle of the garage
PC300058.jpg

A "brand new" switcher emerged from the Fundy Northern shops this fall!

On30 Bachmann gas mechanical it is.

Project

Nice work Steve & Bob, I spent part of the day putting together these two Athearn Kits. Notice the difference between the Model Power & Athearn Hopper Cars. pardon the clarity my camera is not the best !

Hey Steve, Thats a neat Shot of your peninsular.. I like it.

Here's my contribution for the weekend so far.. progress pics. I took some time and ballasted the turnouts. Functions perfectly. Took some time to get all the ballast outta the important places thou.

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been ballasting & working the past few weeks, not much more other then this shot. I'll dig more this weekend for my "best shots".

As I wrote in the "Coffeeshop" I"ll start to revitalise my old N scale layout. It is not a big one: 130cm X 90 cm( 4 x 3 feet?)
I gave it a start by rebuilt the green stuff arround the old castle it is not ready but the pictures can be showed I think.

Jos

Steve, I wouldn't dare shrink myself to 1/87 and walk around in some parts of my layout. This guy keeps showing up in different places:

GoAway09a.png

Favorite shot of the year for me:

MalletUpGrade03aw.png

Close second:

BusyDayCooleys2b.png

This was a year that went from this:

NewRoom1a.png

to this (in the new room):

FasciaLights01a.png

I think I spent way to much time down cellar at my house house.......:rolleyes: :D

Have a happy New Year everybody!

Steve B I didn't take pictures of the backside of the castle:eek: ...but I am working on it!!:)( Howly!..I spotted some trees on your layout, at last:) lol)
Also I am "building it on a vaste rock so it looks a little bit like "Colditz" castle;) Building the stones with a needle...
Take some time but the results will be....:) :)
Also "found" a picture of my old layout. Didn't take many pictures of it...:mad: (Now I know better!!;)

Jos

BTW great progress and pictures to everybody!!!

Jos yoor old layout looked fantastic, Ray I remember some of those shots they still look good. and I agrree about the basement but for me it's up in my attic !! Radar fine looking bridge , and oh yeah Bob love that switcher , josh and scott that's what I have to do next ballasting my track really looking forward to that !!!

RJR indoors weeks activities

Bought a bachman on30 kitchen car this week

1981459450a480765.jpg

Also did some more backscenes,

19814596bb049f414.jpg

The attachments are the rebuild of my 02 loco, the original motor was not the best so I replaced it with the heart of a bachmaan Ho plymouth. Half way in discovered the new motor casing is wider than planned, so out cane the dremel. As the last picture shows alls well that ends well. Great runner now !!!

Lots more pictures of the weeks activities on my flickr photostream

Found some other pictures. They are made in Lippstadt - Germany this year. ....
First picture shows a signaltower just after wo II because many buildings were distoyed so they "invented "this!( Made from a trainwagon)scale HO

The second picture shows a small part of a railwaystation by night. You can see a T 3 steamenging waiting for departure...scale HO built by M. Tolkemit, Lippstadt.

Jos

Hi John,

Great "trick" those backgrounds!!:eek:
The kitchen car looks( and is ) great!
Hope I am not unpolite by writing this, but just like some other in this forum the areas "around"the tracks are so clean: no weeds/grass/bushes/small trees or anyting else that could make it more interesting..Or is it bacause I am a "green"freak:D
BTW The person on the balcony...did he abbused his boss this afternoon?lol

Jos

Hi John,

Great "trick" those backgrounds!!:eek:
The kitchen car looks( and is ) great!
Hope I am not unpolite by writing this, but just like some other in this forum the areas "around"the tracks are so clean: no weeds/grass/bushes/small trees or anyting else that could make it more interesting..Or is it bacause I am a "green"freak:D
BTW The person on the balcony...did he abbused his boss this afternoon?lol

Jos

No problem I didint take it as impolite, Ive added some "green" to the rocks and am now sat thinking how to do O scale litter !!

Suggestions welcome !

Great pictures every one.

Ive spent the evening painting my new backscenes, adding some greenery and thinking about litter (best idea so far is to cut up crisp packets into tiny squares to scatter.

3%20backs%20painted%20(3).JPG

3%20backs%20painted%20(1).JPG

Im guessing I will be kept busy tomorrow preparing for the party we are holding so if I dont post again

HAPPY NEW YEAR

John

Back