New Year Photo Fun

Well, I turned the power on again today - the layout had been dark since I had to go to school (army stuff) in Wisconsin right after Turkey Day.

I'm using a 12' length (3' height) of vinyl flooring as a backdrop material - just nail it into the walls at both ends of the garage door. It won't be perfect, but it will be a lot better than nothing:
IMG_0684.sized.jpg

The track going in directly in front of it will be "semi-hidden" below the level of the layout, but still visible when there is a train headed to staging. It's a compromise.
IMG_0686.sized.jpg

I'm hosting a passenger car from another forum on it's 'round the world tour - here BN train #663 (Vancouver-Albany) waits at the Labish Interchange to take the Willamette & Pacific main behind the passenger special:
IMG_0695.sized.jpg

Well, I turned the power on again today - the layout had been dark since I had to go to school (army stuff) in Wisconsin right after Turkey Day.

I'm hosting a passenger car from another forum on it's 'round the world tour - here BN train #663 (Vancouver-Albany) waits at the Labish Interchange to take the Willamette & Pacific main behind the passenger special:
IMG_0695.sized.jpg

Ft. McCoy? Camp Douglas? If you tell me do have to kill me? Get some quality snow skiing in while you were here?;)

That passenger car thing is a good idea. We should have one for our forum.

Johnny

Ill use this Photo fun to inform you of some updates on the layout ;)

These are some picks of walls i have on the front and back of layout to prevent derailments from landing on the floor. I added this just shortly after a locomotive fell and broke the shell and bent an axle i figured 12 dollars of wood will save me hundreds in locomotive damage ;)
IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

As another update i recently bought kadee couplers for the first time and converted all the horn hooked couplers too kadees and very happy i did.

IMG_0297.jpg

picture of my newer loco, I finally got a decoder for it, the hobby shop was sold out and took awhile to come in and luckily it came with an extra conversion harness and wire for converting BB athearn so with it i converted my amtrak engine.
IMG_0285.jpg

And lastly heres a picture of the train around the christmas tree
IMG_0126.jpg

And heres a pic of my dog after having to much christmas fun
IMG_0073.jpg

Im a bit trigger happy with my new camera, i got 2gb memory so 1000 pics later i can still keep going :p

GOD love a bassett:D
JIM

A Big thanks to everyone for sharing some great work past and present, i think i can say it's given inspiration to plenty of fellow modelers

Ft. McCoy? Camp Douglas? If you tell me do have to kill me? Get some quality snow skiing in while you were here?;)

That passenger car thing is a good idea. We should have one for our forum.

Johnny

Ft. McCoy - it snowed maybe a total of an inch while I was there. Temperature varied from 0 to the 40s...

Sounds like a plan Johnny! So who's going to build the car, scale(s) and yeah...

Jeff-Yeh, I'm gonna retire here now that we don't get snow anymore. WAIT!! I AM retired!!:D

Josh-You don't expect an Idea man to have all those answers, do you? I think guys that have superior rollingstock building skills should come up with that part............Sound familiar?;) LOL

Johnny

Josh-You don't expect an Idea man to have all those answers, do you? I think guys that have superior rollingstock building skills should come up with that part............Sound familiar?;) LOL

Johnny
Huh!? Lets see, You've got the Freedom train, and CP9302 has the Canadian Federation train, I think we've found out passenger car experts. ;) However I DO have a car that I could use...

*runs away now, before I get to drawn in!*

Back