New Year Photo Fun

Johnny, the loco "was" a GP50 from Bachmaan in NW black, new cab and side frames made wider. It is a smooth runner it will crawl along all day and with the 8 wheel drive / pickup it pulls well. I'm hoping my January Birthday will bring me a second to add to the team.

Well now, Let me wish you a Happy New Year and a Happy Birthday(soon) to boot. I may not have my geeps down, but I know a good looking model when I see it! Nicely done sir.

Johnny

GrandeMan-Thanks Eric, While you had me with the CB & Q F3 unit(soft spot), the chinese red, U boat is flippin' cool. I think because of where it is posed. There's just something about a train on a diamond that I dig.

Johnny

Here you go Johnny, LOL. :D
339958123_f7e64a095f.jpg

Here you go Johnny, LOL. :D
339958123_f7e64a095f.jpg

Ah, Shucks Eric, you shouldn't have........But I'm glad ya did!:)

The different ballast types, the signals, the sign on the fence in the backround, a great backdrop...(did I get everything?):D ;) .

Now that's the Ticket!!

Happy New Year

Lookin good Radar, I'm guessing that you mean it's all REXS' fault(;) )!! Im sure like the rest of us you spent hours drooling over his fan-flippin-tastic bridge scenes!!
And if you haven't seen 'em, check out the thread for some more ideas!!

Happy New Year!!

Johnny

I'll second Johnny's comments and add Ray's and Johnny's bridges are inspirations too!!

Well done Radar looking good.

Ah, Shucks Eric, you shouldn't have........But I'm glad ya did!:)

The different ballast types, the signals, the sign on the fence in the backround, a great backdrop...(did I get everything?):D ;) .

Now that's the Ticket!!

Happy New Year

Think you forgot the engine:D :D :p :p

The Pictures are looking excellent guys, keep up the good work!
Happy New Year
-Chris

Fellows, looking at all your fine work posted here is certainly an inspiration for us all. In the past, the WPF has always picked me up from the mental slumps that I would fall into and rekindle my excitement in this hobby. I thank you for your contributions and for accepting me as a part of your modeling world.

I don't know if Johnny made a mistake about me and bridges, but I thought I would repost these shots anyway from Blue Creek Gorge and Sawmill Ridge.

How about a cool drink?
Dcp_1330.jpg

Busy day at the Blue Creek Gorge.
Dcp_1325.jpg

Early morning supply run to Sawmill Ridge.
Dcp_1429.jpg

Sawmill Ridge. Lots of fine lumber for the furniture industry.
Dcp_1409.jpg

Log Pond. Here you best keep your mind on the work.
Dcp_1417.jpg

Rex,
Don't apologize for the size of the pics... Nancy got me a new 19" widescreen LCD monitor for Xmas so they look fine to me!!:D

Although I have seen these pics before, I am still amazed when I see them again. Nice work on the creek. Reminds me of the mountains in North Carolina. Dave

As usual, loads of excellent pix!:cool:

Steve, your layout seems to be taking shape - almost like the good ol'days! My favorite of yours is the yard/engine terminal on the peninsula.

Ray, you've probably come along farther than any of us with your pike - sure wish I had your talent for switch machines!

Johnny, I thought you sold your Dachsunburg module - I know it was on e-bay. Or did you make another? Either way, it still looks good as ever!

Rex, that's some mighty fine water under the bridge:D

Here is my humble offering for the week - same location, different locos:

meet_at_chandler.jpg

Litter

Excellent photos all round !! The standard seems to have been set high for the new year !!!

Hi John,

Great "trick" those backgrounds!!:eek:
The kitchen car looks( and is ) great!
Hope I am not unpolite by writing this, but just like some other in this forum the areas "around"the tracks are so clean: no weeds/grass/bushes/small trees or anyting else that could make it more interesting..Or is it bacause I am a "green"freak:D
BTW The person on the balcony...did he abbused his boss this afternoon?lol

Jos

Can't beat a bit of constructive critisism / direction, Ive just spent 2 hours making and placing O gauge litter !!!!! and some grrens !!!

litter%202.JPG

litter%204.JPG

litter%205.JPG

as for the guy that was on the balcony, he is the boss !!! He likes to keep an eye on everything, He's not happy about the litter !!
John

I don't know if Johnny made a mistake about me and bridges, but I thought I would repost these shots anyway from Blue Creek Gorge and Sawmill Ridge.

Um, NO! After seeing the work again, I rest my case.......Amazing Rex!!

And the pix size is just fine.

Happy New Year,

Johnny

Johnny, I thought you sold your Dachsunburg module - I know it was on e-bay. Or did you make another? Either way, it still looks good as ever!

Here is my humble offering for the week - same location, different locos:

meet_at_chandler.jpg

Actually I did sell it. Here is why I still have it. The winning bidder was rather shocked at the cost of shipping this beast(so was I), as it would have been almost as much as he paid for it(and I was happy:) ) So he didn't want to drive cross-country and I wouldn't want to, I got to keep it. I'm the happy camper and it's worked into the layout just fine.:cool:

Love the pic, I've always dug the B&O/C&O dark blue units. The last one to still have the original paint(long hood anyway) was just up here on the WSOR. Cool. And there aint nothin' humble 'bout that!!

Johnny

Hey John,

You just get in the house where it's nice and clean, and now we want you to 'dirty' it up........Just like us huh?:D

Lookin good!!

Johnny

Love the pic, I've always dug the B&O/C&O dark blue units. The last one to still have the original paint(long hood anyway) was just up here on the WSOR. Cool. And there aint nothin' humble 'bout that!!

Johnny
Well dang, thats awesome!

Thanx Johnny, I still have a sizeable collection of B&O 'blues' in my InLaws' crawl space. I lamented the appearance of the newly-painted Cheesie locos, they looked too toylike IMHO...

And I'm glad that your D-burg module got to stay with its rightful owner!:D

Back