Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

TLOC

Well I was bidding on a set of woodchip hoppers and went as high 125 bucks.... this set included (2) 61 foot hoppers in the Bay Line scheme. I lost bummer. Next time I guess I should of went for broke as these are extremely hard to find. I have one hopper but wanted to get this set. Better luck next time. :(:confused:
James, I have not been purchasing any rolling stock since the Fall of 2019, until last week. I am shocked by the cost of the wood chip cars. $40 buy now plus $15 for shipping for E&C cars. I have been thinking of selling my wood chip cars, maybe I should.
4EB14A6C-1049-4167-B24C-A2648DA23DCA.jpeg

TomO

Alcomotive

Grandson of ALCO Bldr
James, I have not been purchasing any rolling stock since the Fall of 2019, until last week. I am shocked by the cost of the wood chip cars. $40 buy now plus $15 for shipping for E&C cars. I have been thinking of selling my wood chip cars, maybe I should.View attachment 120048

TomO
Tom,
For whatever reason the Greenville style hoppers are the most expensive and hard to get....

like this one ..

20200716_190319.jpg
ASAB 1771.jpg

I however I do have several of these that I purchased back in the late 80's early 90's but they are UP, SP and MOPAC. I just need or rather want the last 2 set issue from Walthers in the Bay Line ASAB.

2Tracks

Ol' School
If you don't make it over to the coffee shop, I'll show ya this car, I think came in on the next RPO after twforemans', my first piece of Tangent rolling stock. I really like the detail on the car, except the trip pin levers. They're going by by....

CM-Fan

I just discovered this thread and really enjoyed seeing what everyone's interests are.

These treasures just showed up yesterday. The Locomotive Co was based out of Manhatten Beach CA. back in the late 70s.
Back then this was one of the few options for Colorado Midland Locomotives other than the two brass imports years before.
These kits were a three piece ordeal - Chassis, Superstructure, and Tender kits.
I picked up the 4-6-0, 2-8-0 chassis and two superstrucure kits. I will have to kit bash a couple of the old MDC/ Roundhouse tenders for them.

Attachments

Alcomotive

Grandson of ALCO Bldr
I just discovered this thread and really enjoyed seeing what everyone's interests are.

These treasures just showed up yesterday. The Locomotive Co was based out of Manhatten Beach CA. back in the late 70s.
Back then this was one of the few options for Colorado Midland Locomotives other than the two brass imports years before.
These kits were a three piece ordeal - Chassis, Superstructure, and Tender kits.
I picked up the 4-6-0, 2-8-0 chassis and two superstrucure kits. I will have to kit bash a couple of the old MDC/ Roundhouse tenders for them.
I have never seen a kit like that before wow!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.