Let See Those Pets!

I completely understand, Leghorn. I had a 17 yr. old euthanized on Friday, I'ld had him since he was born in my barn. He was having kidney failure as well, but really, the kidney failure is just a symptom of the REAL trouble, which is old age. He's one of my younger cats to go, I've had them as long as 23 years.

It always hurts to lose them, they leave a hole in your heart.

sometimes a break from pets is a good thing, too.

besides, you can always enjoy ours here. :)

Buddy

Here's my little "Buddy" and that's his name also !!!!!
th_Buddy1.jpg

Boy Ray, Blackie and his brother sure look alike!

We've got some good lookin' pets here everyone!

Well.... They are litter mates. Quite different temperaments. Blackie is more like a shot of static electricity while Manét is very laid back and quiet. Both are very lovey and spend a lot of time sitting on my shoulder snuggling. Manét usually sleeps curled up in my arms at night while Blackie is a good foot warmer.

Mark, just a 62 year old overweight widower here........:eek:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We only have the one pet
Daisy The Dwarf Rabbit, yeah right, maybe a dwarf next to a horse but she ain't no dwarf.
10-08-07084-1.jpg

and a rather out of body type photo
10-08-07083v2-1.jpg

lets see: standing, we have Storm, with his back to us. Splash is on the far left, you can only see half of her.

On the far right, lying down, is Steve.
the row, starting with the one in front:

Clover, Gossip, Annie, Bakers Dozen, Pearls, and you can't see her behind everyone, but Bunny is back there as well.

it was a hot day, and everyone had a siesta after lunch. :)

Some good lookin' critters here!

I'd post pix, but I have four cats, four dogs, four birds, 50 chickens (well, we think of them as pets -- the eggs are just a side benefit!), 30 goats, 3 horses ... I'd swamp the server!

Love seeing everyone's very special friends. They are so much a part of us. Here are the "Bama Boys", Archie (red) and Ralph (blond), on their first Christmas and at 6 months old.

First:Ralph chewing on rawhide while Archie is figuring out how to steal it.
Second: They somehow knew not to bother the Christmas tree for weeks, but then the time came for PRESENTS.
Third: Enjoying a well earned rest from playing with toys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...Ray...we may have a "parallel universe" thing happening here.

Just tell me you aren't a receeding hairlined 40 year old married to an Irish firecracker.... :)

Mark

Well my hair is not receding, but I am over 40 and married to an Irish firecracker :D

awww, c'mon, Riverotter! show us your pets! well, maybe not the 50 chickens, are they all the same breed? in which case, one chicken can be representative of the whole group. :)

you know Im Dieing to see the horses.

Here are our 3 moggies.

The first is Emma who is a real suck and tries to sleep on my head at night. Iggy is the white one who is sadly no longer with us. boB is the strange eyed psycho cat in the third pic curled up with Iggy.

We got them from the Celia Hammond Animal trust. They are a group that rescues cats. As well as rescue they actively trap and sterilise feral cats through out South and East London.

Our three spent a year in the shelter following their previous owner's attempted suicide. She had set her apartment on fire. The Fire dept rescued the cats and turned them over to Celia Hammond. Needless to say they were quite insecure and very nervous. boB (we spell it backwards just to be different as he is the strangest cat we've ever had) still won't be picked up and any physical contact is if and when he wants it but only at arms length.

LOVE the name boB. totally reasonable to spell it backwards.

I once had a cat named Psmith. the P was silent. :)

also, when I got my solid black dog Baskerville, he was also known as Spot. Because although HE didn't have any spots, my other dog at the time, DID.

:)

When living in the country we adopted a stray red dog.....we named him Reddog. He was a good'un! Seems that all the dogs that found our door step were good dogs.

Thanks Ken. They are more than a hand full, but fun to love and play with. To think Golden Retrievers don't mature until there 4-5 years old. YIKES!

Rex...Archie and Ralph ARE beautiful..er..handsome! I love golden retrievers. My brother has one named Champ...I think my sign on photo is Champy. I cannot believe how much 'the boys' have grown!!

I will post photos of my buddies as soon as I have a chance to get on my computer at home and figure out how to post pics. :rolleyes:

Love to see your pals, Sandy! I wasn't sure if the sign-on photo was a Goldie or a blond Lab. Champs a good looking fellow.

Rex I can't tell you how long it take a Golden Retriever to mature but a male Beagle that is over a year old right now is still a Pain in my neck Lol !!

Well there's some nice looking critters folks! Always sad to hear when some are no longer with us. :(
You're saying Golden's take how long to mature?!?!?!?!?
Here's one of our crew:
From the left top row... Dixie, Gator, and Gizzard
Bottom row... Brandy, Traylor, Purrdee, and Moi.
Missing in photo for obvious reasons... Laurel (taking photo) and Hoover the backyard bear.

Alright, I've been "hounded" by the crew to put their mugs up.

First, George. We got him when we toured with the circus. Beautiful, smart and one heckuva good guard!

George_re_1.png

Here are the ones who can be trouble, that's why they hang out as a gang.

From top and clockwise; Mika, really sweet. Chessie(yes), thinks she's a dog. Mollie, named after Mollie Brown(Titanic), a classic hilarious dachshund.
And finally Montana, we call him "South Side" the holy terror of the bunch, he calls the shots.

Babies_re_1.png

And last but certainly not least is C.J. (Casey Jones) She is a Maine-Coon and wieghs almost 25 lbs. We rescued her from a McDonalds parking lot, go figure......

cj_johnsonstreet1.png

Love 'em all as if they were our own, spoiled rotten and we wouldn't have it any other way!

Great thread and some nice looking families!

Johnny

Back