Layout Scene Rework (Town/Steel Mill)

This is a fantastic Thread! I highly admire your skill, and your speedy progress! This in EXCELLENT. Where can I find more photos of your layout?

This IS HO, right?

Hi Josh! I hope to have some soon. I got sidelined by reworking the track at the coalmine. My original design there just never worked out. I needed to make the changes to allow more places besides the mine to switch in. Truth: So that there would be more playground for me.:eek: :D

The next thing in line with the steel mill project is get a mountain built over part of the old steel mill area so I can complete the track there for the town of Newton. Nothing big with the track; just a modified "time saver" design. Then I hope to start getting to specifics at the steel mill. Should be able to get back on "track" by the end of the week.

FunValley/MilesWestern: Thank you for your kind comments. I had all my photos stored at Railimages old site and just did get them copied off before it got nuked. Guess I need to get rolling with re-posting them on their new site. Soon I hope!:)
EDIT: All most forgot: Yes, it is HO and it is a garage size layout that seems to change with the wind. Actually, the more I learn, the more and better ideas come up. I have recently went to Operations with the layout and it quickly pointed out a lot of weakness'. Thus, changing the steel mill to include a town area required the new peninsula and relocation of the mill and the coalmine needed to have switching for the town of Providence. This is why layouts are never finished.:eek: :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Back