Kitbashed Passenger Diesel: GP40PH-2B

Prob close enough from what I can tell. The ends are a little different and you would stoll need DW parts to add the details for the ends and pipes.

I figured i'de have to do that anyway, plus the custom bracketry and piping. i'll buy one off ya if its possible?

Also hoping to get to the hobby shop. Need sheet styrene, some thin brass strips to make those brackets and new brass wire for airlines and railings.

Well I did a lil work on this project. I sanded down the putty that was on the anticlimber after I grafted it together from multiple pieces cut from a Cannon and co. dash 2 one. I then found some spare anti-skid treadplate and made it work. Its not the greatest. I had to reglue the walkway as it broke at the original point. I grafted in a piece of styrene after sanding off the old glue. I hope to try and get the sub base attached and from there the nose and cab. I'll try and build the cab interior also.

Added some styrene to the front of the walkway to fill in some gaps and add support to the cannon sub base and nose when they are mounted. I am hoping to break out the dremel tomorrow and take down the moulded on metal where the sub base is supposed to go. The cannon parts will not sit flat and ride slightly higher. The other pic shows the spliced frame sections. Im hoping they don't separate again.
0227132118.png

0227132118a.png

I hope to start adding the underframe details to the walkway tomorrow after working on other projects. Then eventually i'll strip the athearn frame of this thick black paint factory paint so I can start the piping for the secondary air tank.

You can shoot me the frame and let me know what you want milled off or reduced and I can take care of that for you.

I'll shoot you an email tonight. Now I wish I had the 4 axle trucks already. I could've sent them along with the frame to get truck placement aswell. :/

just some minor work done. The frame keeps coming apart at the seem. I can't figure out a way to keep it from un-doing.

I cut off the athearn sd40t-2 rear anti-climber and glued on the cannon & company tunnel motor rear anti-climber. The detail is much better. I might start on the rear M.U. connections and pilot details. The front will get some work eventually, the weed cutter plow will come up a tad more then where it is in the pic. And that is a athearn rtr 2600 gallon tank kit. It looks much better then my version of a 2600 gallon tank that I made from cutting up a sd45 tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold another loco i wasn't going to use. didn't get much for it, but just enough to get the last few reamaining parts i hope to need. The cannon grills are going to shortened and spliced together for length. Still gotta check the width, may have to do this also. Flag holder brackets and cannon dash 2 cab detail kit.
0616131757a.png

Back