Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jerome, I am getting ready to put the finishing touches on these SW1500's and I am wondering what you use to hold the window glazing in the shell on the RTR versions you have done (adhesive wise)?

Brad, I use "Formula 560" canopy glue. Applied with a tooth pick to the edges of the openings, then just lay the glass in. It dries clear.

100_1679-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jerome, I think I may have asked this question before but I just wanted to make sure. Don't want to mess this up!:D

I've got some 560 here so I should be good to go. Jerome I have a question about your SW1500 slug units for you A&P. Are those slugs powered or are they dummy units? The one I am thinking of was blue with white lettering if I'm not mistaken it had a headlight on one end too. This thread is long and it is going to take me some time to find it. :eek:

I've got some 560 here so I should be good to go. Jerome I have a question about your SW1500 slug units for you A&P. Are those slugs powered or are they dummy units? The one I am thinking of was blue with white lettering if I'm not mistaken it had a headlight on one end too. This thread is long and it is going to take me some time to find it. :eek:

Brad, that one S-01 is a dummy. The hood is too small to fit a motor in it. The Bug #1603 is powered.

Jerome, do you know if Athearn sells those sideframes as spare parts, or if theres anywhere where I can buy them?

Eric, I do not know if they sell them separately. I kinda doubt it, I haven't seen many parts for any of the RTR engines other than handrails available. I could be wrong though, you'd have to call Athearn to be sure.

Eric, I do not know if they sell them separately. I kinda doubt it, I haven't seen many parts for any of the RTR engines other than handrails available. I could be wrong though, you'd have to call Athearn to be sure.

Eric if ya got a parts explosion of the RTR engine ya should be able to order the stuff seperate.

Or just call them and let them know what your looking for if its not listed, I had to do that with some SD70 parts as they were not listed on the site.

I don't have a RTR SW1500 (yet) so I don't know the part number.

Can someone who has it scan it for me please?

If you are ordering the RTR version then don't worry about getting them separately. The RTR versions come with a bag of parts and include a complete set of Blomberg style and Flexicoil style side frames. The Athearn site only has a link for the Flexicoil style side frames. The exploded view of the instructions also only lists the Flexicoil style so like Jerome said you may have to call them because they are not listed on the site.

I already gave mine away… sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Undecorated only. Sorry I was assuming that was what you were looking for?

Here is an Athearn parts list:

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Parts/Default.aspx

As far as I know on the exploded view list this part number includes the Flexicoil side frames and cylinders and I think you want Blomberg side frames right?

39020 HO Sideframe Set, SW1500 1 $ 5.98

Brad, that part # is the old BB sideframes. I've ordered those before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back