Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many road locomotives do you have to go with all those? What is a group of switchers called anyway - gaggle, herd, pride, pack, flock, murder, coven, ...?. In the old days when they were mostly sw7 cows and calves I would have said a herd.

As far as the doubters, I would not care. As another respondent said there is no way one wants to spend the time to drag out all thousands of x, just to photograph them an prove it to someone. Besides the doubting person could just be phishing for a good place to steal from. That is why I try never to let anyone know exactly what I really have and let everyone know my collection is not in one place. It is spread out all over - storage units, different properties in different states, safe deposit boxes, vaults, etc.

I'd say another 80 or so road units to go along with my critters. I'm slowly letting a lot of my excess road units go so I can concentrate on the switchers. As for what I'd call 100+ switchers??? Well, insane comes to mind!! LOL

I'm not too worried about someone looking to steal my collection. If they can haul it all out of here without breaking their back, they must need it more than I do. ;)

Finished up 2 more orange crushes this weekend.

100_4631.jpg

100_4632.jpg

I love the "we got style" graffiti! :p

That's a pretty nice weathering job. Though I feel they'd look much better, more "at home" on a layout than on a display track.

Jerome, of course you're out of shells, you own every one on the planet. :) That CSX paint job really makes those radiator grilles stand out.

Jim, Jerome has already called the CEO of athearn and has 100 more shells on the way and 10000 more in production. I wonder if the Factory workers got a cute little nick name for Jerome:D? You know Athearn would be wise to contract Jerome to super detail the sw shells (The Black Box Models) Project!

Jim, Jerome has already called the CEO of athearn and has 100 more shells on the way and 10000 more in production. I wonder if the Factory workers got a cute little nick name for Jerome:D? You know Athearn would be wise to contract Jerome to super detail the sw shells (The Black Box Models) Project!

Chris, Don't I wish!!!! LOL The old BB SW's are getting harder to find at reasonable prices now days.

Jerome, more nice work. I meant to ask you, how do you install the sunshades? Both are still in fine shape on your engine after I beat it up installing the decoder. Mine fall off if you look a them twice. :(

Jim, I use the A-Line brass ones with the tabs now. I used to use the Detail Associates ones, but got tired of them falling off all of the time. With the A-Line ones, you drill 2 #74 holes in the cab above the window, then glue the tabs down from the inside. You can move them up and down all you want then.

Ah, brass shades. Never thought of that. Like you, I'm really tired of trying to get the plastic shades from Detail Associates to stay on. I've got to get me some of those A-Line shades.

Silly Question, but how many of these do you end up keeping and how many are comissioned projects?

Well, I'd say I still have 95% of the ones you see in this thread. Some I do for others, some I sell on ebay, kinda testing the waters to see what the market will bare.

Chris, Don't I wish!!!! LOL The old BB SW's are getting harder to find at reasonable prices now days.

Couldnt agree with ya more on that. Id like to get some other bb switchers other then the sw7 and the baldwin s12. If i wasnt brain dead id of kept the 2 proto 2k sw9's i had or at least one.

Well, I'd say I still have 95% of the ones you see in this thread. Some I do for others, some I sell on ebay, kinda testing the waters to see what the market will bare.

for as nice as some of them look jerome, i thought the prices came no where near the craftmanship that was in em.

One question I have for ya is what do ya do as far as drivetrain and motor go. Does that stay all original or do ya add dcc? Or even just get rid of the stupid power strip and just hardwire everything for dc.

Speaking of them stupid power strips ive seen those sell pretty decently in lots by them selves on the bay. Its amazing what some people will pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back