Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a ConRail/NS patched switcher I made last year. Funny little story about it. I sold it on ebay to a gentleman in Kentucky. Then I saw it on ebay this week. Well I bought it back for less than I sold it for the first time.

100_2561.jpg

Just goes to show, what goes around, comes around!! LOL

Carl, your right. It got leased to Kentucky, and ended up in Florida. Now it's on it's way back home where I will finish detailing it, then probably sell it off again. ;)

LOL, you can't get back my leased engine for less than you sold it for. :) Did he actually know he was selling it back to the same guy who sold it to him?

Yeah Jerome I dont think my units I got from you will make back to ya ...well maybe for a minor repair if that happens or is needed but these babies (switchers) I got from you are in it for the looooong haul!

Finished shots of the latest batch.

100_4560.jpg

Just wondering what happened to this guy? You might have mentioned it before Jerome, but what do you charge for a custom paint job? The switchers that you use are obviously Athearn, but are they the newer ones with the updated drives in them?

Just wondering what happened to this guy? You might have mentioned it before Jerome, but what do you charge for a custom paint job? The switchers that you use are obviously Athearn, but are they the newer ones with the updated drives in them?

Brad, that little fella is sitting in a display case down at my LHS. I put one down there every month or so. I use Athearn BB kits for my builds. I only have 2 of the newer RTR versions in my collection so far. Here's the answer I posted on your other question earlier.

Mike, it all depends on if I start with one of my units, what parts are installed, if it's stock paint, custom paint & decals, weathering, powered or dummy, DCC or DC, lights or no lights, etc.

Anywhere from $40 to $150 depending on what is wanted.

Well Jerome, this is what I have been thinking about for a long time now. Its an ex Illinois Terminal 1510 repainted by NW when they bought them back in 1980. It is the only repaint of the 1980 SW1500 take over that I am aware of. Sorry the only picture I have of it is a copyrighted black and white photo that I scanned out of a book that I own "Norfolk and Western Second Generation Diesels". I would love to see this paint scheme on an Atlas MP15DC even though it would not be prototypical, I could live with myself. If you only prefer to work with Athearn would it be possible to do on a unpainted RTR drive train and chassis, I just find they tend to run smoother and quieter unless there is something you do to your BB. I just don’t have that much experience with Athearn and I could be wrong (I probably am).

View attachment 17298
Hi Brad, I had to remove the photo attachment because it appears to be a copyright photo and you did not state you had permission to use it on the forum.If you do not have permission to use someone elses photo please refrain fro posting such photos on the forums.
Thanks
Willis

As far as I can tell the railings are yellow on the horizontals and black on the verticals. All the grab irons are yellow. The lettering is white. Name your price or PM if you like. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 7 switchers in the works. The BNSF units will all be remote controlled units with lots of antennas sticking out from the roof. The SP Koda Chrome units will all be sent to Mark to get full DCC and LEDs. They will be quite a sight with 5 working lights both forward and backwards. The UP unit will just be another UPY unit.

101_0401.jpg

It was a quick and simple job and can make one again in a few nights work. I was a used engine and decoder with bad lighting outputs. I got $60 for it. so not too bad.

UP unit #1102 (built same as prototype) is finished. The unit has DCC, LED headlights and LED ditch lights.

101_0407.jpg

101_0412.jpg

101_0413.jpg

Reminds me of one I've seen before. :) Nice job on the lights and decoder. I assume Mark did the electronics? You two make a heck of a team. Hard to believe that started out as a standard BB engine.

Reminds me of one I've seen before. :) Nice job on the lights and decoder. I assume Mark did the electronics? You two make a heck of a team. Hard to believe that started out as a standard BB engine.

Jim, yes Mark did all of the DCC and LED work for me. After looking at all of the wires involved, I'd be lost!!!! Here's a picture of the insides.

101_0414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back