Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on that one. I like the older switchers but im thinking I need to look a little past 1950s somtimes LOL!!! thats a clean decider install!!! I need to learn a little about those tiny leds. I like that plug idea as well. makes removing the shell very easy.

Jerome, that's a really neat wiring job Mark did. Mine looks like a disaster by comparison. :) If the sale doesn't go through, I'd be interested in place a bid too, say $1 more than Alco. :D

While on the topic of selling, what is your ebay username Jerome, I have been trying to find it without success for some time now?

I went to my LHS Monday. I found something I had never seen before in a critter. So of course I had to have one. :)

101_0416.jpg

Once I take it all apart, it'll get a good heavy weathering job so it looks it's age.

And I got a care package in the mail from Mark with 5 of these little beauties in it. :)

101_0418.jpg

I did one of these units awhile back in a CarGil scheme.

100_2942.jpg

Not sure what I have in store for these yet.

Three more ready for the paint shop. One will be a BNSF "Swoosh" unit, the other two will be painted in CSX's New Image paint scheme.

101_0421.jpg

Hey Jerome I have a question about what I presume is a a BB Athearn sw1500 that I bought off of ebay. It's a used unit that has been detailed but the grills on top of the hood are see through like on the new RTR units that Athearn is selling. Did some of the BB kits come with see through grills or is this a add on detail part than I can add to my other bb sw1500? Does anyone make cab interiors for them yet? Thanks bud!

Hey Jerome I have a question about what I presume is a a BB Athearn sw1500 that I bought off of ebay. It's a used unit that has been detailed but the grills on top of the hood are see through like on the new RTR units that Athearn is selling. Did some of the BB kits come with see through grills or is this a add on detail part than I can add to my other bb sw1500? Does anyone make cab interiors for them yet? Thanks bud!

you got a picture of it to show?

I've never seen a BB SW1500 with see-through grills on the top. Jerome does a pretty good job of painting them so they resemble see through grills, but they are still the molded on grills. Either the grills were added by the modeler or it's really an RTR body.
Does it have metal or plastic handrails? All the BB's have the metail handrail. I've never seen a kit to replace the grills but you could scratchbuild one fairly easily using some etched brass screening of the right size.

Cory, without a picture, I can't tell you much. The BB never had see-through grills unless someone customized it. Like Jim said, if it has plastic handrails, it would be a RTR unit and make more sense. As for interiors, the one Athearn makes for the RTR will fit in a BB cab. I'm working on an undec RTR right now for Carl and I tried his interior in one of my cabs, fits like a glove.

Hmm I will definitely getting some pictures tomorrow when I can get my girlfriends camera. It has metal handrails, no interior and a BB drive, but is detailed pretty well with mu cables, antennae, proper bell and the see through top grill. I will say if this is a custom job it is spot on and could fool me for being factory. I guess I lucked out and got an even better deal than I thought, I didn't realize the grill was see through until I received it in the mail. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back