Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some progress on decals this week. Just about have these 3 done for now.

100_4430.jpg

100_4431.jpg

100_4428.jpg

100_4429.jpg

100_4427.jpg

100_4426.jpg

Jerome! That MRS & UP/SP unit, did you print the decals yourself? I'd love those decals for the UP unit (or just buy the unit from you...)

Jerome! That MRS & UP/SP unit, did you print the decals yourself? I'd love those decals for the UP unit (or just buy the unit from you...)

Josh, those decals came off of a Micro-Scale Limited Edition Graffiti set #87-1296. They still have them available for $9.

Aggh! Jerome, you have fallen victim to the grafitti plaque too! :eek: Nice looking work but those UP special agents need to increase their yard patrols.

Aggh! Jerome, you have fallen victim to the grafitti plaque too! :eek: Nice looking work but those UP special agents need to increase their yard patrols.

Jim, Just following the prototypes!! :D Those UP special agents must have been out for coffee and donuts that day!! :eek:

800px-UPY_1144.jpg

Jerome, are you planning to model the while trio photographed? There's another SW on the other end and a B23/B30 slug in the middle...

I noticed yesterday that there are about 5 Shells for Calfs on EBay & I think the starting bids were 99 cents.

Jim, Just following the prototypes!! :D Those UP special agents must have been out for coffee and donuts that day!! :eek:

Ya know, seriously, the SP Police did a much better job of patroling the tracks and the yards. I've worked with both the SP Police and the UP special agents. The UP cut about half the SP Police force when they took over and the UP special agents act (and look) more like poorly paid security gaurds than police officers. There used to be about 25 SP Police on swings when I worked in LA and we each backed each other up on occasion. I wouldn't want most of the UP special agents I've seen backing me up. :(

Jerome, are you planning to model the while trio photographed? There's another SW on the other end and a B23/B30 slug in the middle...

That U-boat looks more like an R/C "sled" than a slug. UP has been turning old U-boats into R/C control units. They remove the fuel tanks, engines, etc. and put radio control receivers in them. They then MU them to non-RC units and presto! R/C capable switchers!

That U-boat looks more like an R/C "sled" than a slug. UP has been turning old U-boats into R/C control units. They remove the fuel tanks, engines, etc. and put radio control receivers in them. They then MU them to non-RC units and presto! R/C capable switchers!
Interesting, I had assumed it still had working traction motors.

Jerome, have you ever posted a step by step from unpainted shell to finished locomotive. You have some awesome looking switchers. I ask because I would like to paint an SW1500 for my road which never existed to my knowledge. I am confident in the paint dept (One colour, Black) but as far a decaling, I am curious to the technique for decal setting solutions etc. Even seeing someone drill some grab iron holes and tools necessary would be a big help.

NWCanuck, that would have to be a totally new thread. And there are many great builders on here. I would have to have there input also. I concentrate mainly on switchers, but the techniques I use could be used on just about any model. Each of us has different ways to do different things. But I'll start one up this weekend and hopefully the rest of the guys will chime in with different ideas and ways to do things.

Jerome, a painting article has been in the back of my mind for Model Railroad Tips for some time. It'd be great to see how you do it compared to how I do it, ect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back