Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my newer Athearn and Atlas ones with plastic handrails (if and when they break) I'll replace them with Smokey Valley brass ones.
Will those Smokey Valley ones fit on the Proto engines?
Got a reference source for them?

Well it's time I added some more switchers to this thread. So here are some projects that are in the works.

First up is NASA SW1500 #2, here's the prototype.

30191226555442.jpg

And here is the start of the model.

100_4371.jpg

Next up is TRRA's SW1500 #1503.

45291119033720.jpg

100_4374.jpg

And MRS SW1500 #257

23241223467635.jpg

100_4373.jpg

hmmm MOPAC? uuuh you got a contract or lease on that one? :D:D;):rolleyes: I know a certain MRR that may be interested...:eek::p:D

hmmm MOPAC? uuuh you got a contract or lease on that one? :D:D;):rolleyes: I know a certain MRR that may be interested...:eek::p:D

James, no home for that one yet. It's another Athearn fantasy unit. As far as I can tell, the MP never had any SW1500's. I can't find any pictures yet anyway. As far as I can find, they had MP15DC's and SW1200's.

James, I stand corrected, I found 3 pictures of MP SW1500's. Here's one of them.

pictures_22076_1e1-76MP1519.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome, that MRS unit is a beauty. At least you never have to worry about putting dullcote on or weathering it. MRS is the only railroad I know that regularly washes and waxes their locomotives. I fear that will all change now that InBev has bought out Anheuser-Busch though. :(

Jim, it'll stay clean in my fleet. I'm waiting on the white decals to do the big stripe with. Shouldn't take but a couple of days after that.

Dang jerome nice collection.

those Up units would be very welcomed in my house hold if they ever need a home LOL.

Im in need of a calf unit for the up switcher i got, ya wouldnt happen to have even just a shell would ya?

tell ya what ill trade ya all the moneys in my wallet for every switcher ya got lol. that is an awsome collections. im heading there with SD45-2's and GP7/9's would like to get a nice colelction of dash 9' and AC4400's also.

Wow, I haven't seen one of those calf units in a while. Have you ever built a TR-5 with the correct window arrangements, bug eye number boards, front ladders, and MU stands? I've only seen them in brass.

James, no home for that one yet. It's another Athearn fantasy unit. As far as I can tell, the MP never had any SW1500's. I can't find any pictures yet anyway. As far as I can find, they had MP15DC's and SW1200's.

James, I stand corrected, I found 3 pictures of MP SW1500's. Here's one of them.

pictures_22076_1e1-76MP1519.jpg

Sweet!
I am interested in that! I would like the MP switcher in the blue scheme with a calf and a MP canary in UP paint scheme....you can see them below at a few sites I found here....(with pics)

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/MoPac/MPswitchers

http://screamingeagles.rrarchives.com/loco_switcher.html

goto the bottom of this website for UP canaries..

http://screamingeagles.rrarchives.com/loco_canary.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I haven't seen one of those calf units in a while. Have you ever built a TR-5 with the correct window arrangements, bug eye number boards, front ladders, and MU stands? I've only seen them in brass.
I had two sets of those cow and calf sets in B&O livery I sold at last fall Timoniun/Balt Show...wish I'd have saved one set

Jim, I'd have to look up the TR-5's. I'm not familiar with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back