Introducing Myself

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'm looking forward to getting to know those of you I haven't met elsewhere and stealing all your good ideas for my layout. :) I don't know about the "Alabama Rail Gang" though. Our mayor says we don't have gangs here, just "groups". So maybe it will have to be the "Alabama Rail Group" :)

... And I better not forget Csx road Slug, who by family is an honorary Alabamian. He lives in Baltimore MD, but has family in Pell City! (I hope you ain't offended Kenl, I know you can't control your emotions with such an Honor!):p

Of course I'm honored Carey, except you guys might revoke it once I confess that my brother-in-law graduated from Auburn... :eek:

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Jim!
As you can see by my low number of posts, I listen a lot more than I talk.:D
But as has been stated, this is a civilized place where we actually talk about trains! Imagine that!:eek: I think you'll like the place.

Hey, Jim, good for you for coming here to clear your head....it gets stuffy over there, don't it?:D

-Crandell

Where is there?? What is the other website that I hear of every now and then?

NickB;

Its the Model Railroader forums at Trains.com. They have been having real problems with trolls, petty bickering, personal attacks, somewhat poor moderation, and even a threat of physical violence.:eek: I still post over there on occasion but its getting less and less....

This is where I spend the majority of my time, as does many who used to be over there.:)

Jim;

Nah man, its the Alabama Rail Gang! :D We have our own Gang colors, (whatever prototypes are our favorites), Gang signs, (crossbucks, RR emblems and logos) and just wait for the initiation! (How well can you cook BBQ?):p

Of course I'm honored Carey, except you guys might revoke it once I confess that my brother-in-law graduated from Auburn... :eek:

Ken, we all have to put up with the worse. I have a neighbor that flies his Auburn flag, daily. No, his house hasn't been vandalized yet:rolleyes: .:D :D

Carey,
OK, "Gang" it will be then. We'll just have to stay undercover if we're in Prattville. :) Hi to Scoot, Steve, and Gary too. Yes, Crandell, it is nice to clear my head of all that other junk. I got an e-mail from the "moderator" over there explaining why he didn't and couldn't keep things under control but he's "working on it". Pretty sad for an organization that size.

Of course we've met already, I too have been here a while just don't post much. And for all you Alabaman " Roll Tide " Even though I grew up in Texas I alway rooted for them. "Bear" was my hero, and yes I've visited his grave.
So welcome UP2CSX , it's alway been quieter here.

Carey,
OK, "Gang" it will be then. We'll just have to stay undercover if we're in Prattville. :) Hi to Scoot, Steve, and Gary too. Yes, Crandell, it is nice to clear my head of all that other junk. I got an e-mail from the "moderator" over there explaining why he didn't and couldn't keep things under control but he's "working on it". Pretty sad for an organization that size.

He's been working on it for a loooong time. ;)

Hey Jim! Welcome to the sunny and peaceful side of the street. We have a bouncer at the coffee shop here and never seem to have any of those problems they have over at the dive across the street. Heck, Flo won't even serve "Mayo" on sandwiches......

Always glad to see a new familiar face, so to speak. :p :D I'm howmus over there. Over here you can just call me Ray. Stop in at the coffee shop and I'll buy. (Or at least get it put on Fergies bill.)

He's been working on it for a loooong time. ;)

Eric;

After all these years of forums, chatrooms, etc.. you'd think they would realize that they can't have a well run forum with only one moderator with supervisory rights. (That is having the ability to not just delete postings but user accounts as well.) As big as it is, and as active as it is, the work involved is more than one man can handle part time.

All in all, I think you're being generous!:D

Hey Jim! Welcome to the sunny and peaceful side of the street. We have a bouncer at the coffee shop here and never seem to have any of those problems they have over at the dive across the street. Heck, Flo won't even serve "Mayo" on sandwiches......

Always glad to see a new familiar face, so to speak. :p :D I'm howmus over there. Over here you can just call me Ray. Stop in at the coffee shop and I'll buy. (Or at least get it put on Fergies bill.)

Nah, she just subs Miracle Whip!:D

Ray, let Jim order himself a juicy T-bone instead, and put it on Rex's bill!;):D

Carey,

We are doing our best with somewhat limited tools:D
You might say it's like parking the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff:rolleyes:

Ken.

Back