Imagine That First Release...

Telus6429

Lets go to Art style
Well I just thought I would share with you guys a few pictures from 1 of Windsor, Ontario's newest Model Railroad Company. This Gentleman is making a Laser Etched Wood kits, and the detail is amazing. His first show was the Copetown Show last weekend in Copetown, Ontario, and it was a major success. He is in the starting phase, but is doing lots of great work, and more work coming in the future. Most of his stuff his producing is like the Chicago L system stuff, High-rise Buildings, Walkerville Works, and a few others Railroad related items, and City related items. The kits are very well priced, and kits are easy to put together.

Imagine That, owner, Mark Williams, is a very nice guy, and is new into Model Railroad, but has been loving every moment so far with all of his kits that are coming out. You can email him at imaginethat@xplornet.com. He will be doing more projects soon, and different ideas.

Here is a Bunch of pictures to some of his kits. (also the rest of the pictures can be seen here at this web site. http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/viaTelus6429/Imagine That/ )

Photo #1, 2, 3, Walkerville Works Factory.
imaginethat1.jpg

imaginethat3.jpg

imaginethat9.jpg

Photo #4, 5,6 C&O Pelton tower. This tower guarded the CASO & the C&O crossing on the outskirts of Windsor, around Walker Road, & Essex County Road 46.
imaginethat8.jpg

imaginethat45.jpg

imaginethat44.jpg

Photo # 7, 8, 9, these are of the Chicago L system
imaginethat5.jpg

imaginethat49.jpg

imaginethat12.jpg

Photo 10, 11, 12... The last but not least, the High-rise buildings.
imaginethat16.jpg

imaginethat27.jpg

imaginethat34.jpg

(more pictures coming later...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, those are all beauties but those skyskcrapers are outstanding! Just the fire escapes alone would take me a year. I'm almost afraid to ask how much the kits cost. :eek:

What is the scale? They don't look like HO, more like S or larger.
Those buildings are Fantastic, Beautiful & Gorgeous. Lot of detail for those skyscrapers.
LOV'em.

Pricing I can not help you with, as I did not really ask, but some of the kits are reasonable, like the tower was $35.

As for the Scale, the kits are all right now HO Scale, but he will be doing some of them in other scales as well.

I emailed them about prices & I think the tall skyscraper is $285.00 Canadian. You have to buy the fire escapes seperate(I think). To do my layout in Ells would cost me about 5 grand.

Laser graphics is easy once you get the knack of it. The design work is "mucho tedious". But there are programs that digitize a photo and reproduce the building from the photo. Some buildings are surely done in this method. While others can be done with a blueprint showing the elevations.

Great work though.

Bob

I emailed them about prices & I think the tall skyscraper is $285.00 Canadian. You have to buy the fire escapes seperate(I think). To do my layout in Ells would cost me about 5 grand.

I am under the impression there are enough for two runs of escapes top to bottom.

They are new yet, so I expect the prices to come down in some hobby shops. Give them time to build an inventory they'll come down.

Back