I have a small dilemma.

I have two sets of sectional soldered together one is 5 sections of 18 and one is 5 sets of 22. I don't try to make a perfect radius with the flex track but do check to make sure on the mainline it is 22 or above and on the industries at least 18 , this rule has worked out well for me.

Rather than a loop to loop with a single main between , I prefer a dogbone on a deeper bench (30" deep) with the back main close to the wall with 2 or 3 train length sidings. They would be hidden behind a low backdrop, just high enough to hide a train on the back track. All the yards and industries are on the front side of the loop. The sidings on the back are staging. You can put a train on each track and then run them out as the schedule requires. This is a simple plan that will allow prototypical operation, just running in a circle operation, switching, virtually any combination to suit your fancy. Because in the visible area there is just one main/route through it, its easy to scenic well.

Just a thought.

I have been playing around in Anyrail.

I tried to use some of the ideas from here.
I am thinking I will start with a flat track since the elevations are giving problems.

Below is what I have so far. Industries are still completely open to change.
I think I need to figure out what I want there and buy some buildings then lay the track around them as needed.

10x14 First Rotated.jpg

The inside of the layout is a walk through. I like that better than a duck under.

Dale,

That looks a heck of a lot more doable.

As you have completely begun again, can I ask why you didn't double track the outside of the layout then have your sidings and yards and industrial areas running off of them? Just looking at potential bottle necks.

Definitely a bit simpler. Are you going to be able to reach to the back of the yard at the bottom of the plan?

New plan looks great to me now. Good job man, you will like that layout.

You have two reversing sections now. Are you using DCC? I suggest getting the Tony's Trains PSX-AR auto reversing units. I have them and they work great. Don't get the Digitrax reversers, my opinion is they suck.

I've marked the reversing sections with a red mark where you will need to gap the rails. The tracks inside those sections will need to be connected to the autoreversing unit to power all those tracks.

10x14%2520First%2520Rotated.jpg

Hi guys, sorry I haven't answered sooner.
I have been sick.
Kind of a strange almost funny thing.
I have smoked for 50 years and been trying to quit for 50 year.
I woke up Tuesday morning Not wanting either coffee or cigarettes.
I have been sick since.
Maybe I should have a smoke and a cup of coffee.

After many, many attempts ... I finally did it after 52 years. Sleep better and wife no longer complains that my clothes smell. Have not smoked in the house or car for 24 years .. Always went outside. I cheat a little by sucking on a Camel Snuss pouch 4-5 times a day. Almost 2 years free now - still want one a couple times a week, but don't dare touch.

Getting back to the plan ... Have a couple ideas ... Will try and get them off my other puter later on.

I smoked a pack a day for 40 years…right up to the minute I had a widow-maker 5 years ago…haven't had one since …and now I am alive and $18K richer:cool:

I am off now to drive the school bus/mini-van to pick up my boys!

Now its going to be really loud in my house, I like it like that!

I did some designing in Anyrail today.
I tried to clean up the industries a little and my first attempt at figuring out my loops.
I think I have 2 loops. The red at the top and the blue at the bottom.
The squares are 12".

Let me know what you think and thank you all for the replies.

10x14 08.29.14.jpg

Looking really good nice job man. I was studying it more and I missed something I told you earlier for the reversing section loops.

The red track on the left that goes next to that industry. That is not a reverse loop so that should be part of the regular standard track. Neither red or blue. Make regular tracks black or something.

I marked red where you need to gap the rails. You will need two auto-reversing units. Get these here: http://www.tonystrains.com/products/dccspecialties.htm

10x14%252008.29.14.jpg

Back