Hutch's Conway Scenic Railroad Layout

I think I got it now. I had to get on the laptop.
I wonder how many if any of you, watched til the end when I showed my MERG DCC equipment. This is something I think anyone on a budget with some soldering skills should get. It costs ~$35 to join and the kits cost a few dollars. I wouldn't go any other way. I did buy an NCE controller just to see if I was missing anything and it worked with my equipment flawlessly but I didn't see any advantage so I sold it. I prefer to use JMRI and my smart phone. I just need to get a cheap desktop for my trains now.

I wonder how many if any of you, watched til the end when I showed my MERG DCC equipment. This is something I think anyone on a budget with some soldering skills should get. It costs ~$35 to join and the kits cost a few dollars. I wouldn't go any other way. I did buy an NCE controller just to see if I was missing anything and it worked with my equipment flawlessly but I didn't see any advantage so I sold it. I prefer to use JMRI and my smart phone. I just need to get a cheap desktop for my trains now.
Yeah was interesting to see your hand built DCC controllers, when I decide to upgrade mine, that looks like a good way for me to go. Thanks for sharing. :)

This is a very long boring video showing me figuring out plaster cloth.

This one shows a very easy method I came up with using a paint brush to add water after laying the cloth. It was a lot easier at the end when I got to the straight track.

And here's the start of the surrounding mountains.

Thanks, I'm hoping to build this into a somewhat professional channel. I have a lot to learn. None of these have been edited, that's another level for me. It's a lot of fun though and I hope some of you hit the subscribe button. I think I have 1 subscriber🤣

Back