Gauge 1 Live Steam Track Construction

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

BradN

Dear Friends,
I've recently posted a video on YouTube showing construction of my outdoor gauge 1 track. The second-half shows quite a bit of live steam running action. Footage includes some scratch built Pullman sleeper cars as well. They are resin cast from plans I developed using the 1943 Car Builders Cyclopedia.
Here is a link to the video:
http://youtu.be/ZwUEsoEi7x8
Enjoy,
BradN

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Very nice setup, interesting. Are you going to add scenery? Keep us posted and welcome to the modelrailroadforums
Cheers
Willis

BradN

Very nice setup, interesting. Are you going to add scenery? Keep us posted and welcome to the modelrailroadforums
Cheers
Willis

Thanks for checking it out, and I appreciate the kind words. As for scenery...not so much. The rail has been weathered, I'm adding a second loop which should give the appearance of a double track main. I intend to super-elevate the curves, and add ballast, otherwise the layout serves primarily as a display stage for the trains.
If you go to my YouTube channel BL0CKD0C you can see my old O gauge layout with some scenery, there are a couple of fun cab ride videos there as well.
Keep 'em steaming,
BradN

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.