Dave's Layout v. 4.0

Hey Dave, do you know where I can get that tractor, if it's still available? Thanks
Hi Hawkes,

The tractor comes in a kit from Woodland Scenics, I purchased mine from Scale Model Supplies which is a hobby store in St. Paul. It is old stock and at some of those hobby shops that have been around for a while you may find one,

Otherwise, they come up on ebay from time to time. Not sure if they are still making them. WC makes lots of tractor and farm implement kits as you well know, this one I think is called B john deere.

Thanks for the comments and likes -- Louis, Troy, Smudge, Guilford, Christian!!!!!!!!!

Another update is in order, finished one side of the hill above the quarry, also the water feature (St. Croix river and Rush creek tributary):

The hillside has some brush and vegetation added, also a walking path to the crest:

IMG_2822.JPG

Here I planted these 4 trees, made from tree roots (shown in an earlier post). The man and his shack have been on a few other layouts, would like a trick to get the shingles to lay flat, other than ripping them off.

IMG_2827.JPG

Then we have the fake water spray, is cotton balls pulled apart. I really like the effect of these:

On the Rush creek tributary:

IMG_2824.JPG

Here is how it looks on the St, Croix River:

IMG_2838.JPG

This layout was made with screen window material covered with paper towels and hydrocal, has lots of relief. No foam on the layout.

Lastly, a parting shot of Groningen with my favorite tractor in the foreground also some depth:

IMG_2833.JPG

THANKS for looking, feel free to comment!! Dave LASM

Another update is in order, finished one side of the hill above the quarry, also the water feature (St. Croix river and Rush creek tributary):

The hillside has some brush and vegetation added, also a walking path to the crest:

View attachment 155527

Here I planted these 4 trees, made from tree roots (shown in an earlier post). The man and his shack have been on a few other layouts, would like a trick to get the shingles to lay flat, other than ripping them off.

View attachment 155528

Then we have the fake water spray, is cotton balls pulled apart. I really like the effect of these:

View attachment 155529

View attachment 155530

This layout was made with screen window material covered with paper towels and hydrocal, has lots of relief. No foam on the layout.

Lastly, a parting shot of Groningen with my favorite tractor in the foreground also some depth:

View attachment 155531

Love the last picture! Makes me want to start a layout running steam.

View attachment 155527

View attachment 155528

View attachment 155529

View attachment 155530

View attachment 155531

I'm going to perloin fotos 2 'n 4 as I need reference pics for my industrial site. :D

Time for a layout update, was able to finish the Crex warehouses by adding the decals and completing the ground cover and glueing them to the layout, as well as getting the fence in place also spent time playing with the trains:

First this scene at the Wyoming depot, Crex warehouses in background:

IMG_2871.JPG

this area is just about completed, however I have the habit of moving trucks around

Next is the new fence:

IMG_2899.JPG

I painted it kind of a gray and went over it with some india ink mixture which is not very noticable but I think achieves the weathered fence look:

IMG_2903.JPG

There will be a bunch of cows behind the fence when done,

Here is a new scene with the one of the Crex warehouses visible:

IMG_2902.JPG

Lastly, the newest video with an overview of the whole layout:

THANKS for looking

Feel free to comment!! Dave LASM

Dave,
As always, your layout pics are superb! Do you glue all your buildings down? what if you change layouts again, will you rebuild everything again?
THANKS Gary, I glue a lot of them down but they seem to come up with a little prying of a screwdriver.

Usually just tack down a couple places sometimes spread some dry sand around the perimeter then drop some glue water mixture into the sand and that holds them also makes something of a foundation.

The other preferred thing I do is place the building, mark the foundation and remove the building, then sprinkle the dry sand down and press the building into the sand, then eyedropper some glue into the sand until sufficiently wet but not totally soaked

Back