CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

After the crazy amount of rain we've had this summer, it feels funny to have to water the lawn. A week long stretch of 90 and sun will make things crunchy pretty quickly. I'll have to remember that the water bill is going to jump this month.

Down here we frequently water the lawn using a 300GPM pump and a fire hose. The pump pulls water directly from the lake.

Happy birthday, Jeffrey!

Another rainy day in Prattville. Right now there's a faint mist but the skies are gray and more, heavier rain is forecast. Need to cut the grass but it's too wet today. It will have to wait for a clear day next week.

Happy Birthday Jeff!

I've mowed the front half of my lawn, now I'm taking a lunch break before I tackle the back yard. Still no sign of Charley (my neighbor whose grass I'm caring for while he's on vacation) - hope he's ok. Corey, I can certainly relate to the no-time-for-trains theme. Not just yard work, but a lot of other family commitments during the summer!

Happy Birthday, Jeffery!

Another rainy day in Mobile. Emptied the rain gauge about 9am. Looked a little while ago and already had a 1/2" in the gauge.

Glenn

Good morning. It's raining (again) and 72. Our 14th day of rain in a row.
I am sitting in the ER of our local hospital, my wife had an allergic reaction to some mdications she is taking, and her tongue is so swollen she can't talk. I had to translate for her when we got here.
They are giving her some antihistamines to reduce the swelling, and are keeping her for a while for observation.
I hope she gets better soon Terry.

Happy Birthday Jeffrey!

Roanoke Rapids and back today,,,should have been, 4 - 4.5 hours each way.

Left at 7:33 this a.m. got home at 6:50 p.m. Traffic backups of a ridiculous nature And my teenage son was asking me if I would take him to the mall to get his paycheck. Banks are not open til Monday, I'm bushed, sorry kiddo!
I'm not doing nothing else today except ordering a Pizza!

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

I had a very good meal tonight. I ordered a large fajita plate full of chicken, beef and shrimp. It's big enough that I had trouble getting through a third of it, but that was the idea. I brought the rest home and I can snack on it for a couple of days. I got quite a collection of cards and $93 which I already have plans for. Here are a few of the cards:

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, July 7, 2013

anim_coffee.png

TIPTONDEPOT-1.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Mornin gang!

Sunday (at least this Sunday) is going to be a day of rest. Yesterdays road trip (MD to NC and back) was a killer and I ain't doin anything I don't wanna!:p

Jeffrey, Those cards were a hoot!;)

Garson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,More COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning. It's 76° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond50.jpg

Looks like it could be a wet one. I don't think I'll be getting much done today. I may draw up some plans for the new park. It has to be bigger to have room for the track running across the lower part of it.

P1011585.jpg

Good Morning

A/C on full today...supposed to get to 85F feeling like 100F later on in those ol' t'underinboomers as well....

Get to go to the mall this afternoon and see the gang there...maybe pick up a few things as well...

Good morning. It's again raining, and 77. We got home by noon yesterday, and I spent most of the day watching for any further complications. Turns out my wife had a reaction to the blood pressure medicine she has been on for several years. She'll be following up with her doctor tomorrow.

Good afternoon! We had a small get together last night, sans kids. Great weather, great food and a great time! My brother-in-law that had the stroke about two weeks ago was there and he's doing really well! Still has a little tingly sensation in his right arm but that is the only symptom left. He's been going to therapy several times a week to work on his short term memory and seems to have no problems. He is so very, very fortunate and he realizes it.

We went to Peoria to watch the big fireworks show on the river on the 4th with my son and daughter-in-law and we were suitably impressed with watching $3500.00 worth of fireworks go up in smoke every minute for a half hour. It was a big let down to watch our small town fireworks last night but it was still good!

It's 89 degrees right now and it's time for me to get back to work. I'm adding a two foot extension to our fence in the area around the pool deck. I'm about ready to call what I've got done good and jump in! The water looks so inviting! Oh well,better get it done first!

Good morning!......it's morning somewhere at least. Usn's haven't had any big ol' tunderin' boomers lately......a poundin' the daylights out of our sensibilities.....so to speak. But my new nextdoor neighbor lady and her move-in crew made a bunch of noise hauling furniture up the back stairway......so that kind of made up for it.......hee hee! :cool:

My brother-in-law that had the stroke about two weeks ago was there and he's doing really well! Still has a little tingly sensation in his right arm but that is the only symptom left. He's been going to therapy several times a week to work on his short term memory and seems to have no problems. He is so very, very fortunate and he realizes it.

Glad to hear he is doing so well. Having suffered a stroke myself at age 50, I can relate. Took me 3 weeks before I could go down to the basement under my own power....that just about killed me! ;) Mine was a bit different, as my entire right side went out, but my memory and mental acuity were never an issue. I too healed fast, and was back to work 89 days after it struck. Hope he continues on his rehabilitation to a full recovery!

Another gray day in Prattville. It was drizzling when I went to church this morning, then the sun appeared for about five minutes before giving up and disappearing behind the clouds. Now we're getting another downpour. I'm grateful for the rain (considering how dry the last few summers have been) but I'm ready for a few dry days.

Good Evening..

Well, we had rain rain and more rain here, it would dry a bit, get more muggy and down it would come again...it still is doing it though not as much now..sigh...

I did get to the mall this afternoon..even if a little on the wet side...thought I could have used a wetsuit though...

Then, got home a ran some trains around...and watched a few videos as well...a good evening to be had...

Have a good'un!!

I was out of the house for a short time today enjoying some watermelon with the family. When I came back I found a mysterious box waiting for me. Mysterious in that there was no mailing label, no information of any kind on it and I had never seen it before. No trip wires, springs or switches of any kind were evident. Inside I found two Apple II compatible 5.25" Quentin disk drives and an Apple II drive controller with a note. It said simply 'I hope you can use these'. No idea whatsoever who left them. The drives required only minimal servicing and work perfectly. It took me about two minutes to install the controller in my mothers old IIe. Most of that time was spent getting it out of the closet and putting it back. So that's three more items scratched off the list of things to get. Now I just need a CP/M card for it. Nothing done on the layout today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011576.jpg

Back