CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Wow! What wet weekend in Alabama.

Several places in East Central Alabama got over 10 inches of rain Friday and Saturday.
We went up to Logan Martin Lake yesterday to get ready for Memorial Day weekend. Our dock was not visible. About 3 hours later, the flood crested and the dock "appeared" to rise up out of the water as it receded. The water should be back to normal height sometime this afternoon.
Today is "farmer day" for me. I get to "plant" a few dozen more people on the the club layout tonight. We have about 500 - 600 to add to the layout.
Hope this is a good week for all!

Watching the coverage on TV right now. They said the tornado that went through Moore, OK was up to 2-1/4 miles wide! I like a good lightning show but that is insane!!! They just said they're looking for kids that may be trapped in debris at a school that was hit. This is terrible.

That's sure bad news from the mid-west. I wish those folks all the best.

Well I spent much of the day doing a whole lot of nothing. I took the time to clean up a couple of structures but watched movies most of the day.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3987.jpg

Just heard on the news, 20 of the 51 dead in Moore, OK are children that were trapped in the collapsed school. They're still tearing thru the rubble to try to find any others.

They said the NWS had been warning them of the coming severe weather for days, and still people died. Same thing here in 2011, we knew the weather was going to be extremely bad on April, 27th. Many warnings went out in time for folks to seek shelter, but still 251 died here. Its like what one of our meteorologist said after that day. Sometimes when everything is done right, it still goes horribly wrong. The storms were just too strong and there weren't enough underground shelters to shield everyone.

Well, yesterday wasn't so bad, though it was still Monday. It was really bad for others, so I guess, relatively speaking, it was a good day.
Now, I'm off to do battle with Tuesday.

Good morning. It's 75° with 92% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a small chance of this afternoon. The high will be 90°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond20.jpg

The activity for today will be mowing grass. I had originally had it scheduled on my calendar for Thursday but it looks like there will be rain tomorrow and possibly Thursday so I moved it up to today. Nothing else is planned.

The word for today is tolatsukua. It means 'grasshopper'.

DSCN4003.jpg

Got the grass mowed. Now I feel like I've been hit between the shoulder blades with a couple of cement blocks! Sinuses are going crazy too. Now I'll just take it easy the rest of the day.

Temporary deafness in both ears is making life un-managable. Wax build-up clogging the systems. Must get one of those squirt bulbs today to rinse out after treating with mineral oil. Should be back to somewhat normal soon.

I once went to a lady ear doctor for this ailment. She tortured the insides of my ears with her rough treatment.....then laughed when I complained. How not cool was that?........I ask of thee? :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Mike

Besides mowing the grass and watching some movies I really didn't do much today. Some of the movies I watched were 'The Silencers', a James Bond spoof with dean Martin, 'Dr Goldfoot and the bikini machine' starring Vincent Price and 'Carry On Spying', a British spy spoof. Tonight I'm watching 'Murderers Row', another Dean Martin James Bond spoof. Tomorrow I'll probably watch 'Dr Goldfoot and the girl bombs', another Vincent Price comedy.

There's a nasty line of storms coming across east Texas and it looks to be painting a bulls-eye on us. I hope it's not as nasty as it looks on the radar.

Well, time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3989.jpg

Good Morning!

It's 70°, overcast and foggy again this morning. it is supposed to burn off and turn sunny later, going up to 82° or so.......Yesterday, the air was a hazy tint of yellow green, as the air was filled with Oak Pollen.

I cut the lawn yesterday, and feel it today:(. I have a few more things to do outside, before I can consider any layout work. I did get six more decoders yesterday, so I have plenty to do when the mood strikes.

Everyone, have a great day.

Joe

Good morning (at least it was when I started typing this). It's 71° with 93% humidity. The high will be 85°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond20.jpg

Things got a little last night when the storms started coming through then it calmed down. That is until around 2am when things took a turn for the worse. We had high winds, lots of thunder and nearly continuous lightning. Cable out here was out most of the morning. Power never did go out here. The cable came back on around 10am. The yard is a wreck but I expected nothing less.

Looks like today will be a lazy day. I'm still aching from the banging around I took on the tractor yesterday. You'd think Murray could have put some better springs on the seat.

DSCN3998.jpg

so jeffery is that your powerboard/ shelf :)
That's my display rack where I keep the locos that aren't on the layout. There are thirteen on the layout at this time, nineteen in the rack, three on display on other shelves and about a dozen that I use for parts in the closet.

My second day of 99% deafness in both ears. I treated them with wax softener and rinsed last night and today. They just seem to get worse. When I go out for my neighborhood walks I have to really be careful.....because I can't hear the train whistles......er...uh......horns I mean. You never know when you'll step right in the path of a thundering freight train around here.....when you're deaf anyway (don't I wish). :D

I mean because I like trains.....not because....oh nevermind. :rolleyes:

That's my display rack where I keep the locos that aren't on the layout. There are thirteen on the layout at this time, nineteen in the rack, three on display on other shelves and about a dozen that I use for parts in the closet.
Nice rack.......by the way. :p

Back