Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this morning it was COLD!:eek: 22* at the park and warmed to 46*, Damn am I still in Florida Toto?:confused: I know all you great white northerners don't think that's cold...Need to tell that to my frozen body parts that fell off this morning! $%^@, I'm moving to Denver where it's warm!LOL's

Got up to a warm 50* all day. About 4pm the temp started dropping. Right now at 10:17pm it's 28* & is supposed to drop way below that w/heavy frost. I'll update the temp about 7am tomorrow. BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Y'all can c'mon up to Denver...but rumor has it that we are supposed to get some snow on Thursday. Probably be gone by Friday :rolleyes:

Anyone heard from Jim? Just wondering how he's doing.

Rex...how are those dawgs? Maggie and Kevin are growing like weeds! And are just as adorable as ever.

Terry...I left NC in 2007 to come back to Colorado. Those NC ice storms are wicked!

Larry...it's good to be back...thanks!

Jeffrey...I have been thinking about mowing the lawn one more time. I have never mowed in December!!! Yikes!

Chris...Hopefully we will be cooling down soon and seeing some snow. If not, we're going to be hurting for water next summer!

"ianacole" :) Ready for some snow in Lakewood?? I dread the drive from Brighton to Denver when it's blizzarding, but this dry stuff is getting old!

12/15/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:rolleyes:

"ianacole" :) Ready for some snow in Lakewood?? I dread the drive from Brighton to Denver when it's blizzarding, but this dry stuff is getting old!

Ugh, that's got to be a horrible drive ... especially in the snow. I drive out from Lakewood to DTC for work via 6th Ave and I-25, and it's painful when it snows.

Ian

Ok it;s in the upper20's low 30's won't know what for sure until I get to work! this is the second cold winter in a row for down here! Yes, the global warming is a tough one! Well guess I'll have to throw another tree hugging hippy on the fire to keep warm today;)! I'm pulling fer ya!:)

I called a guy in the want ads of my local paper about a 2006 HHR for $5,500.00. I thought it was to good of a price to pass by. It was. He wanted the 55 hundred for his equity plus payments. His payments are $550 a month & he still owed a bunch of money on it. Plus it has high mileage. I have a 2006 that I paid off the 1st year & it's only got 55,000 on it & I've been to NC twice & a bunch of other far away places.
Called about a 97 Dodge Dakota P/U in the same hour. Same thing. $2500.00 in his equity plus payments.
Must be the 25* temps causing all of these down payments from private owners. Still in the 25* weather pattern this morning. No Frost, must'a been windy during the nite.
Jeffrey, you outa put a fake plug under the hood hooked to a loud horn & tag it as a puter hookup. Would love to see the face on a tech. Would be like hooking up a Cherry Bomb to the ignition switch. LOL

Good morning. It's 10 degrees here....Brrr.... Now I have to go work outdoors some more.... t-t-t-teeth ch-ch-ch-chatt-t-t-ering......

We were thinking about selling our house last year & moving to Franklin, NC, but, figured we would keep track of the temp's year around for at least 2 years before we made up our minds for sure. Well, last year it was awfully cold & they had more than their share of snow. This winter the temp's have went way down fast this winter & it's not close to being over. I have 3 diff. cities & towns on my puter that I can see at all times. Arcadia, Covington, Ga. & Franklin, NC. Well, right now it's 25* here, 25* in Covington & 9* in Franklin. Guess we will stay here the rest of our lives. We were trying to get closer to living relatives. Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia & Pensacola, Fl. We figured NC would be a central location. We live 550 miles from Pensacola, 525 miles from Covington, Ga.
Franklin would be close to all of thes places. Getting tooo old to move. Would take at least a month to dismantle the layout.

Good morning. It's 50° here and mostly cloudy. The high will be around 70° and it will be mostly cloudy with a 10 mph south wind.

I got the ballast from the old roadbeds scrapped up yesterday. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Now in the areas where I used sand it was hard as a rock! But the WS ballast secured with white glue came up without too much of a problem. I intend to soak the chunks of ballast and wash out the glue and reuse the ballast. I still have my list of HO items that I'm getting rid of up. I added to the list yesterday. It can be found HERE:

Good morning folks.

I had a false start yesterday in the roads department. After running to the store to get a new putty knife and for sale signs, I came home to find out that my joint compound had gone bad. :( Normally I would hop back in the car and run into town. With the ice around those stores and idiots who are trying to drive on them, I decided to stay home. The end result of the effort was no asphalt roads, but I got most of the concrete/styrene measured and cut. At least it wasn't a total loss. I'm thinking I'll stop on my way home tonight for the mud.

At least I made some progress on the layout. I was actually excited to get to work once I knew what I wanted to do. Every once in a while I suffer from analysis paralysis.

Enjoy your cold weather everyone. I'm sure in a few weeks you can go back to making fun of us northern boys while we suffer through yet another winter. :D Have a great day!

It was actually black and green with mold. I'm guessing I could have scooped out the bad stuff. Since it was half of a small container I figured I would just buy some new stuff instead of possibly spreading mold around. At the very least I'm guessing it would have a sour smell to it. Good thing this isn't an expensive portion of the hobby.

It's snowing again in our winter wonderland. We're suppose to get 3-6 inches of the fluffy stuff. The rate of snow fall is quite slow and calm though so it's a "pretty" snow. As long as it doesn't start blowing it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Corey, you're not the only one getting some of the more white stuff. We are supposed to be picking up more tonight. Just only 1 to 3 inches. It's on top of a bunch of icepack below it though so it may be interesting tomorrow morning as it hits starting a 4 right before rush hour starts. One of the few times I've been glad not to have to go to work. lol

Just got back from town. That was a trip! Wind is blowing from the south at 16 mph with gusts to 27-30 mph. My old van was getting blown around pretty good but I kept it in the proper lane. Stopped at the bank to make a deposit and order new checks then on to the post office to deliver some packages. From there it was to Wal-Mart to get some new briefs, T-shirts and socks. Looked at some belts too but didn't looks the ones in my size. From there it was a wind blown trip back home. Other than that there's not much going on.

This morning park temp. 24* this afternoon 54*, right now 40* dropping fast! Crap where did florida go?

Has any one heard from Jim?

Terry sux working out doors huh?

It's a nice pleasant 70° here. Low tonight will be around 54°.

Enjoying the warmth are we?:D

Right now we are under another 3 feet of snow as well as the temperature being only 14F right now...:mad::rolleyes: So far this winter we have seen about 8.5 FEET of snow--and we have not even started the OFFICIAL season of winter...:eek::rolleyes:

Oh, and my operation to get an ICD put in me went off without much of a hitch--only hitch--being that to get the wires into my heart they had to do a 'slight' adjustment to their X-Ray. My heart is dextrorotated around 120 degrees hence the X-Ray has an odd sort of look to it...

This was reported on my chart as having an interesting aspect...:rolleyes:

Now to fax the thing over to my doctor---I'm keeping this X-Ray---:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back